Anyone had experience with SPL distributor in UK called Hand in Hand and their servicing?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 8/10/11
- productAudio Technica W5000tagged by System, 8/10/11
- productCambridge - Dac Magic - Digital to Analog Convertertagged by System, 8/10/11
- categoryDesktop Ampstagged by System, 7/16/10
- productEtymotic Research ER4S MicroPro Reference Earphonestagged by System, 8/10/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 7/16/10
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 8/10/11
- brandSPL Phonitortagged by System, 7/7/10
- productSPL Phonitor 2730tagged by System, 7/7/10
Related Forum Threads
- Worthwhile to change from upgraded 1999 Headroom Max to Rudistor RPX33, Phonitor, something else?... Last post on 6/3/10 at 2:10pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- AT HA5000 vs. SPL Phonitor vs. Yamamoto HA2 and ATH W5000, not really a battle, but still... Last post on 8/11/10 at 7:48pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- SPL Auditor appreciation thread Last post on 10/30/13 at 11:42am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Best Headphones/Amp Combo for Classical Music (especially Opera); Budget: $2000-2500 Last post on 2/23/13 at 1:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) UPDATE: AUDEZ'E LCD-2 Revision 2 (6/4/13) Last post on 1/24/15 at 9:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
The Sony MDR-EX1000 is truly a legendary IEM but in a world of its own. Not even the latest XBA, or XBA hybrid Z series could rival its intimidating large single-dynamic driver setup. (my EX1000...
I had the opportunity to listen to this at length against some other similar priced gears. After pairing my device, it magically struck me WOW! As I tried a number of music tracks , it...
I managed to try this MDR-Ma900 against others in the same shop. The comfort and ergonomics of this Sony are very good. Initially, I was pleasantly surprised how nice it sounded. But...
I tried this twice with different devices. It sounds pretty good with big bass sounds and probably suit a lot of youngsters today. Many very young people that I know prefer Beats or something...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Cayin for providing me with a review sample of their new flagship N6 DAP which is currently available on Amazon and from other retailers like...
SPL Phonitor Roll Call & Appreciation Thread - Page 46
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #677 of 6795/14/14 at 1:31pmQuote:
This amp has a lot of current. Enough for both orthos in my sig. I listen on 8.30 with HE-4 and on 8 o'clock with HE-500. I tried a speaker amp and didn't get anything more, only less in terms f transparency.
I have my Auditor and Ref5 always on since a couple days ago and now the sound is even better.
I noticed one interesting thing today - when I connect cables to passive output the Auditor is about 20% quieter. Just cables, nothing on the other side and even if its connected to something its still quieter. Weird that I only noticed this now after 4 years.post #678 of 6795/15/14 at 5:06pm
My impressions mirror .Sup's. When switching from the Auditor to the ROC SA, I do not notice any more "drivability" of my HE-500's, only a different presentation.
The power 'arms race' at HF is extremely exaggerated.post #679 of 67912/4/14 at 5:20pm
Not many posts here lately...so I thought I would post to keep the thread alive ;)
Still loving my Auditor after about a year and a half. Paired up with an Audio-gd Master 7 and Beyerdynamic T1.
The SPL is a nice extremely solid piece of gear.
- SPL Phonitor Roll Call & Appreciation Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › Looking for a better source for my microphone (a modmic) 3 seconds ago
- › Icon Audio HP8/MP 3 56 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Hidizs AP100 (DAP) Support Team - Now on Head-fi! 3 minutes ago
- › The death of headphone retail? 3 minutes ago
- › WTB - Decent RCA Cables (1.5m to 2m in length) 3 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 4 minutes ago
- › TTPOD T2 Hybrid iems 5 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 5 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 5 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by stuartfang
- › Parrot Zik 2.0, the world's most advanced headphones -... by johnKenneth
- › Sony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphones by johnKenneth
- › Xtreme Xplosives On Ear by johnKenneth
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by twister6
- › Sony XBA-4SL by cuiter23
- › Shure SE215 by cuiter23
- › Soundpeats Qy7 Mini Lightweight Wireless Stereo Sports/running... by ActiveTechREV
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Black Over-Ear Headphones by d marc0
- › HIFIMAN RE300a(Black) InLine Control Earphone by mark2410
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3