I just recently made a thread asking the same thing. I ended up taking them apart myself. It doesn't seem difficult at all from what I see. Just some soldering required. http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/524641/need-new-iem-s-or-some-recabling-advice#post_7094649
Related Forum Threads
- new Denon IEM c560R Last post on 1/9/11 at 7:00pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Denon C710 Extension Cable Last post on 7/2/10 at 2:17pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEM for $300? Last post on 7/31/12 at 10:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- what are the best earphones with serious quality for everyday use? Last post on 7/23/12 at 10:31am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- On the search for Quality IEM's Last post on 7/19/12 at 4:20pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
Shozy has kindly provided me a review unit in exchange for the honest opinion. They are in active use for about 6 months. I should first note that my experience with IEM is a bit limited by now, so...
INTRODUCTION: I would like to thank @Jack Vang of Empire Ears, for the discount on my purchase of the Zeus-XIV-ADEL Custom IEM and for giving me the opportunity to review the IEM. I would also...
This is by far the closest I have come to writing a 5 star review. Of course to get that, I would have to find the holy grail of headphones for me. I had tried the HD558, HD598, HD650, and...
Used Schiit Modi & Magni with car sim racing game with Sennheiser HD 598 headphones. Unfortunately, Modi died after 2+ years. Was hoping Schiit would cover Modi under warranty since it died just 2...
These are *fantastic* for the price. Compared side by side to some old Sennheiser MX500s, that cost at least 4x as much, the Monk+ absolutely wipes the floor - they are hugely superior. Warm...
Denon AH-C710 Review Thread - Page 22
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #317 of 32512/2/10 at 5:19pmpost #318 of 32512/5/10 at 11:31ampost #319 of 3251/20/11 at 12:45pmpost #320 of 3251/21/11 at 7:34pm
it might cause hiss but you can get an impedance adapter to help resolve that issue and probably help tighten the sound up even more. Here is a thread discussing the 710 with posts about the impedance adapter.post #321 of 3251/22/11 at 3:25am
Indeed it does solve the problem!Quote:Originally Posted by dweaver
it might cause hiss but you can get an impedance adapter to help resolve that issue and probably help tighten the sound up even more. Here is a thread discussing the 710 with posts about the impedance adapter.post #322 of 3253/22/11 at 10:01am
After having these for less than a year, I'm a bit bummed for two reasons.
1. The right side earphone is not producing sound anymore. Well it does occasionally. It's an internal connection problem.
2. I LOVED the sound they gave me... AND I had just found a way to prevent them from tangling so much!
To prevent these from tangling so much, draw the little thing for the y-splitter up all the way to the earphone when you're putting them away. Then wrap them (properly and carefully) around in loops.
I guess I could try recabling them...ergh.post #323 of 3259/28/11 at 10:22am
Not Impressed, I bought a replacement pair in April this year, and less than 5 months now the right ear is dead!
I will have to look for an alternative now. I love the sound of these, but it's just not worth it sadly...post #324 of 3256/24/15 at 6:59pmpost #325 of 3254/3/16 at 9:40amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Denon AH-C710 Review Thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Headphone Impedance
- › Nobsound NS-08E also know as Nobsound 6J9 hybrid tube amp 9 seconds ago
- › DX200 Details, features and specifications 1st page. 1-17-2017 Now... 46 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 1 minute ago
- › Hidizs AP60 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Fulla 2 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 2 minutes ago
- › New Dragonfly Black and Red Discussion 2 minutes ago
- › Studio Monitors for small wedding 3 minutes ago
- › Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Smyth Research Realiser A16 3 minutes ago
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by mgunin
- › Empire Ears Zeus by EagleWings
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by snapacap
- › Schiit Modi by Tim Updegrove
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by spronkey
- › Cayin i5 by glassmonkey
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by 00lunar
- › 64 Audio U12 Universal In-Ear Monitor by cleg
- › qdc Balanced armature type (BA type) 3SH （QDC-4024） by prismstorm
- › Sangdo Headset Mic for Sony MH EX300AP L36H L36I C6603 LT26II LT28H... by Griffith
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear