New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Radiopaq Jazz Review - Page 3

post #31 of 130
Thanks for the review mark, how would you consider these to the CX300 or Creatives EP630? I know there price points are lower, I currently have the EP's and need to upgrade with the AMP3 offer they look too good to resist. Thanks
post #32 of 130
totally agree the price is rediculously good radiopaq jazz for 17.50 delivered to uk ordered 2 pairs already have a pair fantastic value for money...cheers
post #33 of 130
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbert View Post
I have some questions and need advise about what IEM I should buy. It is because my previous earbuds broke, and I'd like to spend as less possible, but still with good quality.

I never listen to Jazz music, more Rock and House music, with lots of bass. Also, I don't have an amp. The IEM will be used with my phone and a PSP, so I know that isn't the best stuff for good quality music. I live in Holland (Are the shipping costs lower to Holland?)
So, would the Radiopaq Jazz still be the best option for me?

Thanks in advance :-)
yes it is. the jazz would suit you well, id say grab the classical too that woy it will give you the best of both
post #34 of 130
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by p2A810wner View Post
Thanks for the review mark, how would you consider these to the CX300 or Creatives EP630? I know there price points are lower, I currently have the EP's and need to upgrade with the AMP3 offer they look too good to resist. Thanks
oh hell the jazz are well above the ep630 and cx300. the Jazz are above the CX95 / CX550. it should offer you a pretty huge leap over what you have.

again id suggest grabbing the classical too if you can afford. they are both absurd bargains and cant stay available long.
post #35 of 130
Have to agree with Mark for a change....

Grab the Jazz phones, they're the bargain of a lifetime. When they were full price (£60), the absence of a chin slider was annoying, especially since phones in the same price range tend to include it as the norm. But for £15, or even £30, there's really nothing to complain about. They sound amazing for the price, and they're definitely a huge step up from the CX300's. They're much clearer with a better soundstage and nicely controlled bass. I tried the Classical too, but preferred the Jazz as I hear a slightly fuller-bodied sound with them.
post #36 of 130
Thanks for the above views guys, I have gone for the Jazz version and after some more reading the Rock version as I like my bass. Will update when I have tried these bad boys out myself. 2 pairs for less than £34 bargain and a half!
post #37 of 130
Thread Starter 
be warned, i dont know anyone who has heard the rock ones and thought they were anything other than total crap

the Jazz have plenty of great bass on them though
post #38 of 130
Mark, who do you know who's heard the Rock ones? I know walkingman didn't think much of them but I haven't seen many other user comments on them. The 'Rock' ones were voted the best by T3 I think, being described as warm and bassy and suitable for most of the genres they listened to... (rock!). So it's possible that p2A810owner... P2 for short!) might find he really likes them.
post #39 of 130
Ahh ok what would you say about the Pop ones?
post #40 of 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by soozieq View Post
Mark, who do you know who's heard the Rock ones? I know walkingman didn't think much of them but I haven't seen many other user comments on them. The 'Rock' ones were voted the best by T3 I think, being described as warm and bassy and suitable for most of the genres they listened to... (rock!). So it's possible that p2A810owner... P2 for short!) might find he really likes them.
Hmm true, I will have to wait and see when they arrive however I need that extra bass for Hip-Hop and certain rock music mainly Hip-Hop and Grime, where as the Jazz would complement the more calmer sense of music.

According to this:
Pop are custom tuned for Dance, Disco, Techno, Hip Hop, Reggae, House, Hardcore, Rap, Urban, Bollywood, Country and of course a balanced reproduction when listening to Classical, Jazz and Rock.

I should perhaps go for the Pop version instead!
post #41 of 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark2410 View Post
yes it is. the jazz would suit you well, id say grab the classical too that woy it will give you the best of both
Ahh thanks, did you notice that I said I don't have an amp and never listen to jazz (More rock and dance)? Would it still be the best in the price range?

I will only go for the jazz ones, won't take the classical too, because I have a low budget. So, I should use the code for 50% off, and then choose international shipping? You can only use one code right? How much will it be inclusive shipping costs?

Thank you very much, I'm very grateful you are so helpfull
post #42 of 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by p2A810wner View Post
Hmm true, I will have to wait and see when they arrive however I need that extra bass for Hip-Hop and certain rock music mainly Hip-Hop and Grime, where as the Jazz would complement the more calmer sense of music.

According to this:
Pop are custom tuned for Dance, Disco, Techno, Hip Hop, Reggae, House, Hardcore, Rap, Urban, Bollywood, Country and of course a balanced reproduction when listening to Classical, Jazz and Rock.

I should perhaps go for the Pop version instead!
I liked the Pop ones a lot, but preferred the Jazz because they seemed to have a wider soundstage. I think I remember Mark didn't like the Pops after a while because they were too lively. Mark... correct me if I'm wrong?

If I wanted to keep 2 pairs of RadioPaq phones, I'd choose the Jazz and the Pops because their sound signatures are quite different from each other. The Jazz is more refined and delicate, while the Pops are more rude and in your face.

Don't put too much stock in the special tuning blurb. The Jazz is suited to most genres. If I remember correctly, I think the Pop has more forward vocals than the Jazz and the Classical.
post #43 of 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by soozieq View Post
I liked the Pop ones a lot, but preferred the Jazz because they seemed to have a wider soundstage. I think I remember Mark didn't like the Pops after a while because they were too lively. Mark... correct me if I'm wrong?

If I wanted to keep 2 pairs of RadioPaq phones, I'd choose the Jazz and the Pops because their sound signatures are quite different from each other. The Jazz is more refined and delicate, while the Pops are more rude and in your face.

Don't put too much stock in the special tuning blurb. The Jazz is suited to most genres. If I remember correctly, I think the Pop has more forward vocals than the Jazz and the Classical.
Thanks for that summary darn it sounds like I need those Pop ones lol! I have emailed AMP3 and asked kindly if they can swap around bare in mind they are closed for the time being, otherwise I'll have to get my sister to order the Pop ones and then for me to return the Rock versions. Long!
post #44 of 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by p2A810wner View Post
Thanks for that summary darn it sounds like I need those Pop ones lol! I have emailed AMP3 and asked kindly if they can swap around bare in mind they are closed for the time being, otherwise I'll have to get my sister to order the Pop ones and then for me to return the Rock versions. Long!
Is there somewhere in your 'order history' with an option to cancel before dispatch? If there is, just cancel and reorder. If there isn't, I can call them for you on Tuesday if you like and see if it can be changed on the phone. I'd have to know your order number though.
post #45 of 130
Thread Starter 
well i thought both the jazz and classical were stunning, the pops i found quite wow and in your face that got a little tiring after a bit but more what i didnt like so much about them was the driver pressure sensitivity. had to get them just right to get the most from them and it pissed me off. felt like i was forever fiddling with them.

for bass in quantity the Jazz and Pops may be the ones for you
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: