New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Charlotte, NC mini-meet - PHOTOS ADDED - Page 2

post #16 of 61
I'm in. But I'm playing with two bands that weekend, so only issue is if the band playing Labor Day needs another rehearsal on Sunday. But I've been pushing to practice on Saturday, so hopefully I'll be OK.

I'll bring RWA Isabella which is a battery operated tube pre, internal new-old-stock dac, internal headamp. I'll have a set of hd-650s, but invite others to try their cans in this unit. Source will be Macbook via USB.

I can also bring a RWA Signature 30.2 amp if anyone wants to drive K1000s, but someone else will need to bring the Ks, I sold mine to help fund the Isabella.

Looking forward to seeing you guys!

Kent
post #17 of 61

Questions for Fatcat

As of now I am planning to attend.

AlwaysWantMore: I can bring my K1000s.

In addition to hauling our head-fi gear for others to audition, should we bring basic stuff such as folding tables and chairs as well as extension cords?

Also, should we pack our own lunch or are there group lunch possibilities on a Sunday such as take out?
post #18 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff E View Post
As of now I am planning to attend.

AlwaysWantMore: I can bring my K1000s.

In addition to hauling our head-fi gear for others to audition, should we bring basic stuff such as folding tables and chairs as well as extension cords?

Also, should we pack our own lunch or are there group lunch possibilities on a Sunday such as take out?
Great. I know Danny has a pair too. For anyone who has not heard Ks driven by good equipment (in a quiet listening environment), they should enjoy the experience.

Anyone bringing AKG 701s/702s or Senn HD-800s?
post #19 of 61
Hi all, top cans on my wish list to hear are

hd 800s, which is see tosehee has if he makes it from GA

I also want to spend more time with AKG 701 or 2s, because I'm thinking of purchasing a pair. Vinnie is willing to send me his personal pair for the meet. Is anyone that plans to attend going to have 701/2? I'd like to save the shipping costs if someone can bring them and doen't mind me spending some time with them.

Thanks, Kent
post #20 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwayswantmore View Post
Hi all, top cans on my wish list to hear are

hd 800s, which is see tosehee has if he makes it from GA

I also want to spend more time with AKG 701 or 2s, because I'm thinking of purchasing a pair. Vinnie is willing to send me his personal pair for the meet. Is anyone that plans to attend going to have 701/2? I'd like to save the shipping costs if someone can bring them and doen't mind me spending some time with them.

Thanks, Kent
I am planning on attending and can bring my stock K701s.
post #21 of 61
I do not have Woo6 any more. i sold it a while back. Sorry.

Also, there is Atlanta meet at same weekend. If this is going to happen (looks like it as it stands), then I do not think I can attend two in a same weekend.

Sorry, but maybe next time. if the Atlanta meetup falls through, i will try to make this one.
post #22 of 61
Thread Starter 
Hey Jeff, don't worry about tables and chairs, I've got that covered. However some long heavey-duty extension cord may come in handy.
post #23 of 61
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tosehee View Post
I do not have Woo6 any more. i sold it a while back. Sorry.
Bring your phones an give my 2 a listen.
post #24 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff E View Post
I am planning on attending and can bring my stock K701s.
Super. I'll tell Vinnie to save the shipping cost. Kent
post #25 of 61
I can't promise this yet, but since I am meeting Googlephone this week, I might be able to skip the Atlanta meetup and join this meetup instead.

I will let you know as things are more solid. This place is quite far distance, so I need to sort of plan it out.

Regards
post #26 of 61
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tosehee View Post
I can't promise this yet, but since I am meeting Googlephone this week, I might be able to skip the Atlanta meetup and join this meetup instead.

I will let you know as things are more solid. This place is quite far distance, so I need to sort of plan it out.

Regards
Wow! the choice of two meets on the same weekend. I wonder how many other Head-Fiers have run into that dilemma.
post #27 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatcat28037 View Post
Wow! the choice of two meets on the same weekend. I wonder how many other Head-Fiers have run into that dilemma.
Yeah. I didn't expect this at all myself.

I am leaning toward this one because Atlanta meetup isn't too far away for me and I can always try to attend the next one. However, this meeting is rather unusual opportunity to demo the Woo 2 which I am very interested in.

In any rate, I am planning for this meetup, but don't quote me on that yet.
post #28 of 61
Thread Starter 
^Come to North Carolina!
post #29 of 61
Thread Starter 
The Date & time are official, Sunday, September 6th from 11am to 5pm. PM me for address, directions, phone #......etc.
post #30 of 61

Stuff I'm planning to bring

Rockhopper Beta 22 (balanced)
KGSS
Redwine 30.2
CARY Exciter (Special Upgrades)
HD650 Balanced
Stax O2
Jade Electrostatic Headphones
Grado HP2i (Special Joe Grado Edition)
AKG K1K
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: