I am a DA11 user from China. I've own this machine since March of this year, and would like to share my experience.
Basically, you cannot go wrong with this machine at this price point. I have compared this machine with DAC1, M902 and an old dbx Quantum II processor (as a DAC only), and quite happy with the DA11 with either headphone out (with HD650 and HD800) or as a DAC/preamp to pair with Dynaudio BM6A and JBL LSR4328 monitors.
For line out, the sound of DA11 might sit into between the M902 and DAC1: not as soft as m902 and not as tight and bright as DAC1. I did not do the extensive compare but just feel that DA11 fits my ear better.
I also compared side by side the headphone out of M902/DA11, driving the HD650 and HD800. For my ear the DA11 is the winner, with more convining bass and transparent mids. The M902 is soft, with smooth highs but it is too thin in the mids to my ears.
I did not have a chance to do a side-by-side headphone output comparison with DAC1.
What I like:
- Compact and solid build, easy to move and place
- The sound quality is good, as mentioned by other users, "transparent", and with deep bass.
- The controll need some time to get use to, but once you are experienced, the operation is actually very fast.
What I don't like
- The quality of the headphone jack could be better. My headphone jack become noisy now, when I insert the plug, I sometimes need to twist it several times to get reliable contact, otherwise the sound of L/R is not balanced.
- The quality of the switch could be better. For example, when I use the PIC, by 1 click, the indicator sometimes goes 2 or even 3 clicks away!
- I know it is designed for professional use. But I still miss a dedicated RCA output to connect to whatever needed, such as another headphone amplifier . So I don't have to pull out the XLR cables connected to monitor speakers, and set the pin3 muted, then do it over again when I need to use the speaker again!
- I am looking for a bit more power, and bass control for the headphone out, for a solid, deep and fast bass replay from HD650 and especially HD800.
- I have several case of the USB signal lost problem, especially for 24bit/96K tracks. During the playback, the signal lost, and something like pink noise from the output.
. I am using not fancy but not bad dual-filter USB cables, and only DA11 and the mouse is using the USB ports on my IBM T60.