- 280 Posts. Joined 6/2009
- Location: Toronto, Canada
- Select All Posts By This User
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 10/21/10
Related Forum Threads
- In ear headphone (earbuds) under 120$ Last post on 5/22/15 at 5:20pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Review: Cardas Ear Speakers EM5813 Model 1 Last post on 8/1/15 at 6:18am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Recommendations for IEMs for electronic music (mostly EDM) ~$200 Budget Last post on 5/13/15 at 6:57am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Help please Last post on 2/4/15 at 8:21pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Any experience with Dynamic Ear company/Tympro music custom IEM ? - now with frequency graphs Last post on 4/2/15 at 12:09pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
It might be one of your favorite cans if you pay an intense listen to them for a few hours. Really its a steal while you might get it for 60ish or 80ish. I got mine for 75 ish. I still wonder why...
The MEE Audio RX18P was sent to me from MEE Audio with the intention to compare it to some of the most popular Chinese budget offerings and let Mike know the result of my findings. The ida was not...
In the audio world, nobody can say we don’t have a tonne of choice available to us. Some audition gear with slight differences to find the piece that truly stands out to them. This...
A good sounding inexpensive product. As of my late work has pushed me to have to work at many hours at once on writing Visual Novels, I began asking myself if there is a buds solution that...
I just sell my Yamaha EPH-100, so before I forget how they sound I will write a little review here. My attempt for this micro driver earphones was BIG, especially because of the praise I found...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
How often do you replace comply tips (if at all)? - Page 2
I wash them in hot soapy water every couple of weeks, rinse them out in cold water, then stick them somewhere warm to dry out, and then stick them in the fridge overnight. I know that might sound mental, but putting them in the fridge draws out the moisture and makes them a little bit more compact ... almost as good as new.
That said I still get annoyed at how expensive they are, for something that can't be that difficult to produce and that starts looking dirty so quickly, so I've decided to get some custom molded sleeves made by ACS.
I wash every few weeks and this seems to help, although I wonder if the stress of pulling them on an off decreases their useful life.
They don't last and longer than other non-silicone foamie tips. I used the Ety4 black foams for a few years and they didn't last as long as the complys. They lost their squish after just a few weeks.
I'm a huge comply fan for reasons of sound and comfort. I almost sold/put away my Ety4s before using them with the comply tips. Now I listen to them often.
Try peroxideI have been using the peroxide method to clean and they are holding up well. Now I am not one who uses them several hours a day, but I do have tips that have about 100+ hours on them and they are still going strong.
1. Place tips in small container like 35 mm film canister or small leak proof pill bottle.
2. Add hydrogen peroxide full strength to cover. Let sit a minute, then shake for another minute or so.
3. Dump out peroxide and rinse tips under running water for about 30 seconds while gently squeezing to force the water and peroxide out and let new water in.
4. Give a final squeeze and let them dry on some paper towels for several hours.
You should end up with pretty clean tips and you can do this about 5-6 times at least.
I like the fridge tip mentioned above and may try that to see if it helps keep the foam a little more dense.
Odd. I've never actually bought a second pair of Comply tips yet. It's heading towards a year on my first set (S/M/L) and one is finally starting to fall apart. You guys must be pretty tough on your stuff. They really don't even get dirty either, but I Q-tip my ears pretty much daily.
I've used Comply tips for a couple of years now without needing to replace a single one. I wash them with really hot water when they get gunked up, then squeeze them with a tissue to dry them, then let them sit out for a couple of days to be sure their good and dry. I used to use a mild soap, but the really hot water is good enough to dissolve ear wax.
They never discolor or tear. The only wear is that the memory functionality gradually decreases. After several months, the material doesn't stay squeezed when you roll it. I have a couple of spares (Shure and these) though. I replace them once in 3 months to get the best fit. I wash them using an ultrasonic cleaner.
Edited by s0ny - 12/31/15 at 1:51pm
- How often do you replace comply tips (if at all)?
- › A Bit of Music and a Bit of Fun 35 seconds ago
- › Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM... 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › DC-Area Head-Fi Meet - Saturday, February 27, 2016 -- Impressions... 2 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 2 minutes ago
- › DUNU 4 Driver, 5 Driver new Hybrid earphone presentation on 2015... 3 minutes ago
- › MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 - $199 Dynamic Driver Flagship *Reviews 2nd... 3 minutes ago
- › LG-V10 Hi-Fi audio quality review on serious audio performance 5 minutes ago
- › Shanling M2 DAP 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit Valhalla 2 & Modi 2 Uber - Best for the HD650's? 6 minutes ago
- › Philips SHP9500 by Mosauwer
- › MEE Audio RX18 Comfort-Fit In-Ear Headphones with Enhanced Bass... by peter123
- › Schiit Magni 2 by Aornic
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Dobrescu George
- › Yamaha EPH-M100 High-Performance Earphones by Nymphonomaniac
- › PMV A-01 HYBIRD IEM by peter123
- › Cayin N5 DSD Lossless Music Player by H20Fidelity
- › Campfire Audio Orion by piksnz
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by Asr
- › 1MORE EO323 Dual Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone... by leesure
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse