- 280 Posts. Joined 6/2009
- Location: Toronto, Canada
- Select All Posts By This User
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 10/21/10
Related Forum Threads
- Recommendations for IEMs for electronic music (mostly EDM) ~$200 Budget Last post on 2/11/15 at 4:41pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Help please Last post on 2/4/15 at 8:21pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Any experience with Dynamic Ear company/Tympro music custom IEM ? - now with frequency graphs Last post on 2/10/15 at 10:03am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Is it safe for me to listen with 100% volume? Last post on 1/26/15 at 10:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- "The Lab" Last post on Today at 2:46 am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Sometimes you want to hear the pluck of a guitar string. Sometimes that detail can be sacrificed in the name of bass.....enormous bass Honestly these are pretty damned good with rock too. Not...
Firstly, like to thank Mike from Meelectronics for supplying the M9 Classic to review. The new release of the M9 Classic is Meelectronics budget in ear headphone. Priced at $9.99USD, I was...
So, these are quite good, actually. But I am not as impressed as I should be after paying 500 Euro. There are some very nice things here, but also some very bad ones, and some silly...
Well, I am really happy that these headphones exist, although I am angry with the designers for ruining something almost perfect with a stupid detail like too thin earpads. But, let's start...
If you are looking for an inexpensive USB cable, this is an OK way to spend your money. It will reduce some of the digital irritants and sounds better than the "comes with" usb cables packaged...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
How often do you replace comply tips (if at all)? - Page 2
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
I wash them in hot soapy water every couple of weeks, rinse them out in cold water, then stick them somewhere warm to dry out, and then stick them in the fridge overnight. I know that might sound mental, but putting them in the fridge draws out the moisture and makes them a little bit more compact ... almost as good as new.
That said I still get annoyed at how expensive they are, for something that can't be that difficult to produce and that starts looking dirty so quickly, so I've decided to get some custom molded sleeves made by ACS.
I wash every few weeks and this seems to help, although I wonder if the stress of pulling them on an off decreases their useful life.
They don't last and longer than other non-silicone foamie tips. I used the Ety4 black foams for a few years and they didn't last as long as the complys. They lost their squish after just a few weeks.
I'm a huge comply fan for reasons of sound and comfort. I almost sold/put away my Ety4s before using them with the comply tips. Now I listen to them often.
Try peroxideI have been using the peroxide method to clean and they are holding up well. Now I am not one who uses them several hours a day, but I do have tips that have about 100+ hours on them and they are still going strong.
1. Place tips in small container like 35 mm film canister or small leak proof pill bottle.
2. Add hydrogen peroxide full strength to cover. Let sit a minute, then shake for another minute or so.
3. Dump out peroxide and rinse tips under running water for about 30 seconds while gently squeezing to force the water and peroxide out and let new water in.
4. Give a final squeeze and let them dry on some paper towels for several hours.
You should end up with pretty clean tips and you can do this about 5-6 times at least.
I like the fridge tip mentioned above and may try that to see if it helps keep the foam a little more dense.
Odd. I've never actually bought a second pair of Comply tips yet. It's heading towards a year on my first set (S/M/L) and one is finally starting to fall apart. You guys must be pretty tough on your stuff. They really don't even get dirty either, but I Q-tip my ears pretty much daily.
I've used Comply tips for a couple of years now without needing to replace a single one. I wash them with really hot water when they get gunked up, then squeeze them with a tissue to dry them, then let them sit out for a couple of days to be sure their good and dry. I used to use a mild soap, but the really hot water is good enough to dissolve ear wax.
- How often do you replace comply tips (if at all)?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 1 minute ago
- › Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Anyone know if 160GB MK1634GAL hard drive will work with a 80GB 6th... 2 minutes ago
- › Westone UM PRO Series Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 3 minutes ago
- › Cardas Ear Speakers delayed but worth the wait! 4 minutes ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 4 minutes ago
- › 71 IEM Brief Review thread (incl. Rhine Monitors, Cleartune,... 4 minutes ago
- › OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › JVC Kenwood Victer Stereo Headphones Ha-sz1000 by Hawaiibadboy
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by pformagg
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H8 by Giogio
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-WS99BT Solid Bass Bluetooth Headphones by Giogio
- › Pangea Audio - USB cable - PCOCC & 4% silver - 1.5 Meter by davide256
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by YoYo JoKeR
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by mscott58
- › FiiO E17 by prez
- › VentureCraft SounDroid Vantam by fonzler
- › Sony Walkman Nw-zx2 128gb Mp3 Player Hi-res by piksnz
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2