- 280 Posts. Joined 6/2009
- Location: Toronto, Canada
- Select All Posts By This User
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 10/21/10
Related Forum Threads
- Recommendations for IEMs for electronic music (mostly EDM) ~$200 Budget Last post on Today at 12:38 pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Help please Last post on 2/4/15 at 8:21pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Any experience with Dynamic Ear company/Tympro music custom IEM ? - now with frequency graphs Last post on 4/2/15 at 12:09pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Is it safe for me to listen with 100% volume? Last post on 1/26/15 at 10:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- "The Lab" Last post on Today at 9:08 pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Thanks to Luke (H20Fidelity) for letting me a part of the Australian leg of the COZOY DAC/Amp tour and for Igor (DJScope) for the personal delivery, no doubt due to him enjoying the unit so much...
This review is for the Linum Bax 2-Pin, Bax IEM and headphone cables. Let me introduce myself my name is Adam, I live in the states between Philadelphia and New York City. I have been into audio...
Havi B3 Pro 1 - Pictorial Review Let me start by saying that ......the purchase of B3Pro1 has been long time coming ever since introduced by bhazard in the Chinese thread early last year...
I have posted a more detailed review on my blog with hi resolution pictures. http://blog.hyperexpert.com/audio-technica-at-pha50bt-first-impressions-and-review/ I stumbled upon Audio Technica’s...
My impressions is that these don’t sound significantly different than the cheaper SP version in terms of sound signature. The biggest difference is detail, more extended highs and smoother mid. If...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
How often do you replace comply tips (if at all)? - Page 2
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
I wash them in hot soapy water every couple of weeks, rinse them out in cold water, then stick them somewhere warm to dry out, and then stick them in the fridge overnight. I know that might sound mental, but putting them in the fridge draws out the moisture and makes them a little bit more compact ... almost as good as new.
That said I still get annoyed at how expensive they are, for something that can't be that difficult to produce and that starts looking dirty so quickly, so I've decided to get some custom molded sleeves made by ACS.
I wash every few weeks and this seems to help, although I wonder if the stress of pulling them on an off decreases their useful life.
They don't last and longer than other non-silicone foamie tips. I used the Ety4 black foams for a few years and they didn't last as long as the complys. They lost their squish after just a few weeks.
I'm a huge comply fan for reasons of sound and comfort. I almost sold/put away my Ety4s before using them with the comply tips. Now I listen to them often.
Try peroxideI have been using the peroxide method to clean and they are holding up well. Now I am not one who uses them several hours a day, but I do have tips that have about 100+ hours on them and they are still going strong.
1. Place tips in small container like 35 mm film canister or small leak proof pill bottle.
2. Add hydrogen peroxide full strength to cover. Let sit a minute, then shake for another minute or so.
3. Dump out peroxide and rinse tips under running water for about 30 seconds while gently squeezing to force the water and peroxide out and let new water in.
4. Give a final squeeze and let them dry on some paper towels for several hours.
You should end up with pretty clean tips and you can do this about 5-6 times at least.
I like the fridge tip mentioned above and may try that to see if it helps keep the foam a little more dense.
Odd. I've never actually bought a second pair of Comply tips yet. It's heading towards a year on my first set (S/M/L) and one is finally starting to fall apart. You guys must be pretty tough on your stuff. They really don't even get dirty either, but I Q-tip my ears pretty much daily.
I've used Comply tips for a couple of years now without needing to replace a single one. I wash them with really hot water when they get gunked up, then squeeze them with a tissue to dry them, then let them sit out for a couple of days to be sure their good and dry. I used to use a mild soap, but the really hot water is good enough to dissolve ear wax.
- How often do you replace comply tips (if at all)?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 1 minute ago
- › Who is thinking of buying the Schiit Yggdrasil? 3 minutes ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 5 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 7 minutes ago
- › NVX XPT100 vs Takstar Pro 80 7 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 7 minutes ago
- › New from Garage1217, the solid-state Project Polaris! 8 minutes ago
- › Portable amps for sale!!! Get your portable amps here!!! 9 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 14 minutes ago
- › Cozoy Astrapi by Xtralglactic
- › Linum 2Pin Detachable Connector - BaX Dual Twist Model by acain
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by Wokei
- › Audio Technica AT-PHA50BT by unknownsolo
- › Sennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphone by kite7
- › Sennheiser IE80 by ahnvx
- › AKG K 702 Headphones by ExCelciuS
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by vaziyetu
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by xsk3l3t0rx
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM02 balanced amature inner earphone by ahnvx
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2