- 280 Posts. Joined 6/2009
- Location: Toronto, Canada
- Select All Posts By This User
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 10/21/10
Related Forum Threads
- In ear headphone (earbuds) under 120$ Last post on 5/22/15 at 5:20pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Review: Cardas Ear Speakers EM5813 Model 1 Last post on 8/1/15 at 6:18am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Recommendations for IEMs for electronic music (mostly EDM) ~$200 Budget Last post on 5/13/15 at 6:57am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Help please Last post on 2/4/15 at 8:21pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Any experience with Dynamic Ear company/Tympro music custom IEM ? - now with frequency graphs Last post on 4/2/15 at 12:09pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Introduction Sennheiser HD800S is the successor to HD800 - one of the greatest headphones ever made. HD800 was the first headphone to actually WOW me hard with their soundscape kind of...
Hello fellow head-fi members Welcome to the review of Advanced Evo X Sports Wireless In-ear Monitors. Disclaimer This were a sample provided by Advanced team for my review. I am not...
Weston W80 Review Disclaimer: The W80 was loaned to me by the local distributor www.samma3a.com - I have to return it, I have not received any incentive, financial or otherwise for this...
Meant to be married to the OL DAC, the O2 headphone amp matches it in shape, size and simplicity. What’s neat about the O2 is that JDS Labs allows for some simple customizations—you can choose...
Acknowledgment This review unit was provided to me in exchange for my honest opinion by Penon Audio. This review was originally published here. Introduction I’m a regular watcher and poster on...
How often do you replace comply tips (if at all)? - Page 2post #16 of 277/18/09 at 9:21pmMy last pair kept me going for around three weeks at 2-3 hours of usage per day. I usually get rid of mine when they seem really yellow, which, I suppose, is a pretty bad gauge.
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #17 of 277/18/09 at 9:44pmpost #18 of 277/19/09 at 5:53amI can get about 2 months out of each pair.
I wash them in hot soapy water every couple of weeks, rinse them out in cold water, then stick them somewhere warm to dry out, and then stick them in the fridge overnight. I know that might sound mental, but putting them in the fridge draws out the moisture and makes them a little bit more compact ... almost as good as new.
That said I still get annoyed at how expensive they are, for something that can't be that difficult to produce and that starts looking dirty so quickly, so I've decided to get some custom molded sleeves made by ACS.post #19 of 277/20/09 at 12:30pmWhen they start ripping or coming away from the inner tube. Eventually the foam part will just come away from the inner tube.
I wash every few weeks and this seems to help, although I wonder if the stress of pulling them on an off decreases their useful life.
They don't last and longer than other non-silicone foamie tips. I used the Ety4 black foams for a few years and they didn't last as long as the complys. They lost their squish after just a few weeks.
I'm a huge comply fan for reasons of sound and comfort. I almost sold/put away my Ety4s before using them with the comply tips. Now I listen to them often.post #20 of 277/20/09 at 12:53pmpost #21 of 277/20/09 at 8:54pm
Try peroxideI have been using the peroxide method to clean and they are holding up well. Now I am not one who uses them several hours a day, but I do have tips that have about 100+ hours on them and they are still going strong.
1. Place tips in small container like 35 mm film canister or small leak proof pill bottle.
2. Add hydrogen peroxide full strength to cover. Let sit a minute, then shake for another minute or so.
3. Dump out peroxide and rinse tips under running water for about 30 seconds while gently squeezing to force the water and peroxide out and let new water in.
4. Give a final squeeze and let them dry on some paper towels for several hours.
You should end up with pretty clean tips and you can do this about 5-6 times at least.
I like the fridge tip mentioned above and may try that to see if it helps keep the foam a little more dense.post #22 of 277/20/09 at 9:10pmpost #23 of 2710/20/10 at 10:46ampost #24 of 2710/20/10 at 3:30pmpost #25 of 2710/20/10 at 7:20pm
Odd. I've never actually bought a second pair of Comply tips yet. It's heading towards a year on my first set (S/M/L) and one is finally starting to fall apart. You guys must be pretty tough on your stuff. They really don't even get dirty either, but I Q-tip my ears pretty much daily.post #26 of 2710/20/10 at 8:02pm
I've used Comply tips for a couple of years now without needing to replace a single one. I wash them with really hot water when they get gunked up, then squeeze them with a tissue to dry them, then let them sit out for a couple of days to be sure their good and dry. I used to use a mild soap, but the really hot water is good enough to dissolve ear wax.post #27 of 2712/31/15 at 1:16pmI've got True-Fit large tips:
They never discolor or tear. The only wear is that the memory functionality gradually decreases. After several months, the material doesn't stay squeezed when you roll it. I have a couple of spares (Shure and these) though. I replace them once in 3 months to get the best fit. I wash them using an ultrasonic cleaner.
Edited by s0ny - 12/31/15 at 1:51pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- How often do you replace comply tips (if at all)?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Sennheiser HD800S Unveiled! 1 second ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 25 seconds ago
- › HIFIMAN SuperMini Impressions Thread 59 seconds ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 1 minute ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 1 minute ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 2 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest NightOwl - A closed-back NightHawk 2 minutes ago
- › FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1) 3 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by Dobrescu George
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by gprs007
- › Westone W80 Eight-Driver System with Dual Bass, Dual Mid, and Quad... by Koolpep
- › JDS Labs Assembled Objective2 Headphone Amplifier by SoundApprentice
- › AUNE M1S 32BIT/384KHZ DSD128 3.5MM/2.5MM BALANCED HIFI AUDIOPHILE... by glassmonkey
- › JDS Labs OL DAC by SoundApprentice
- › Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930 with 7.1 Surround Sound by jimtree
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Dobrescu George
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by anqallyt
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by vapman
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear