- 280 Posts. Joined 6/2009
- Location: Toronto, Canada
- Select All Posts By This User
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 10/21/10
Related Forum Threads
- iem sound better when slightly pressing with fingers? Last post on Today at 3:31 am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Would appreciate some suggestions for some in-ears around $30 with sound similar to KSC-75 Last post on 1/27/14 at 2:01pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- How IEM characteristics are measured? Last post on 8/7/13 at 6:06am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need help choosing the right IEM's for me Last post on 2/14/13 at 6:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Recommendations for IEMS around 50-90 dollars? Last post on 12/1/13 at 5:42pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
First of all, I have bought these headphones exactly one week ago. I have upgraded to these from my Superlux 668b. I will do a review now, and update it after another couple of weeks worth...
I am from China and I'd like to say Chinese people are lucky enough to have the opportunity to reach most of device in the area of audio especially some brand only provided in China.So it made me...
The Theorem 720 is magical.. Using it is like stepping into a foreign land where everything is crisp, detailed, and so very vivid that you’ll never want to leave again for the boring, veiled,...
This is my first DAP. I bought it in August with pre-installed 2.1 firmware and I have to say I am positively surprised how great this player sounds. I honestly can not compare it with other DAPs...
i just bought an Asus Vulcan pro gaming headset on a whim and I've gotta say I'm pleasantly surprised so I thought id share my experience. Now let me qualify this, I'm not saying they have the same...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
How often do you replace comply tips (if at all)? - Page 2
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
I wash them in hot soapy water every couple of weeks, rinse them out in cold water, then stick them somewhere warm to dry out, and then stick them in the fridge overnight. I know that might sound mental, but putting them in the fridge draws out the moisture and makes them a little bit more compact ... almost as good as new.
That said I still get annoyed at how expensive they are, for something that can't be that difficult to produce and that starts looking dirty so quickly, so I've decided to get some custom molded sleeves made by ACS.
I wash every few weeks and this seems to help, although I wonder if the stress of pulling them on an off decreases their useful life.
They don't last and longer than other non-silicone foamie tips. I used the Ety4 black foams for a few years and they didn't last as long as the complys. They lost their squish after just a few weeks.
I'm a huge comply fan for reasons of sound and comfort. I almost sold/put away my Ety4s before using them with the comply tips. Now I listen to them often.
Try peroxideI have been using the peroxide method to clean and they are holding up well. Now I am not one who uses them several hours a day, but I do have tips that have about 100+ hours on them and they are still going strong.
1. Place tips in small container like 35 mm film canister or small leak proof pill bottle.
2. Add hydrogen peroxide full strength to cover. Let sit a minute, then shake for another minute or so.
3. Dump out peroxide and rinse tips under running water for about 30 seconds while gently squeezing to force the water and peroxide out and let new water in.
4. Give a final squeeze and let them dry on some paper towels for several hours.
You should end up with pretty clean tips and you can do this about 5-6 times at least.
I like the fridge tip mentioned above and may try that to see if it helps keep the foam a little more dense.
Odd. I've never actually bought a second pair of Comply tips yet. It's heading towards a year on my first set (S/M/L) and one is finally starting to fall apart. You guys must be pretty tough on your stuff. They really don't even get dirty either, but I Q-tip my ears pretty much daily.
I've used Comply tips for a couple of years now without needing to replace a single one. I wash them with really hot water when they get gunked up, then squeeze them with a tissue to dry them, then let them sit out for a couple of days to be sure their good and dry. I used to use a mild soap, but the really hot water is good enough to dissolve ear wax.
- How often do you replace comply tips (if at all)?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › I have a $300 budget for a new pair of headphones, can I get some... 32 seconds ago
- › New Audeze LCD3 54 seconds ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW sfwalcer's earphone comparo PG 1727.... 55 seconds ago
- › Safe Volume Level On An iPod Touch 4 2 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0 3 minutes ago
- › Stax SR-009 Channel Imbalance Trouble / Driver Problem? 3 minutes ago
- › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz) 4 minutes ago
- › marital discord! need headphones 5 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 5 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 6 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)