Related Forum Threads
- Dac32, ECD-1 or DA11? for rpx35 and k701 Last post on 6/25/12 at 5:21am in Dedicated Source Components
- DAC vs AMP Last post on 4/4/15 at 9:25am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The Soekris R-2R DAC: Technical Details Last post on 1/23/17 at 12:09pm in Dedicated Source Components
- "Headphone Amplifier With DAC" - iPhone Lightning to Headphone Jack Last post on 12/16/16 at 11:17am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Great Portable/Desktop Amp and DAC/SoundCard for Sennheiser HD 558s Last post on 12/29/13 at 12:30pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
I love Ibasso, really respect there products, especially the DX90 wich I still use everyday after 3 years and have lot of pleasure to listen to, i'm still amaze by the clear, neutral and analytical...
Electrocompaniet ECD-1 Impression/Appreciation thread! - Page 3post #31 of 637/19/09 at 10:54am
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #32 of 637/19/09 at 4:01pmQuote:What has happened to Abrahamsen DAC, has anyone compared it to ECD1?
According to Per Abrahamsen who made both dacs, the V6 sounds better, but that needs to be taken with pinch of salt I guess since he is currently making money selling the V6. He did confirm by the way, on a norwegian forum, that the dac circuitboard in both dacs are identical, ECD-holding bought them from "old" Electrocompaniet when they went bankrupt and are now using them in the V6. So I guess the V6 gives alot of bang for the bucks at least.post #33 of 637/19/09 at 11:06pmpost #34 of 637/19/09 at 11:50pmpost #35 of 637/20/09 at 12:42ampost #36 of 637/20/09 at 1:01ampost #37 of 637/20/09 at 1:02ampost #38 of 638/6/09 at 2:05amA question guys; I have an ECD-1 paired with a RSA Raptor, and I can't find a good volume setting; it's either too quiet, and the details don't come through, or it's too loud. Any ideas?
Should I consider another DAC?post #39 of 638/6/09 at 8:38ampost #40 of 638/6/09 at 9:00ampost #41 of 638/6/09 at 9:38ampost #42 of 638/6/09 at 10:39amI had the ECD-1 for quite some time, but sold it to simplify my setup. Now I just have everything going through my Wadia 781i.
If you're into bass, it's a fine choice. It has a tendency to make the music larger-than-life, which can be a good thing on some recordings, but can be too much to handle on others. All in all, I have no regrets about my time with it.
One thing that I find noteworthy is that Electrocompaniet first released the ECD-1 back in 2002. Since then, they've released new CD players, pre-amps and amps, but they've never seen the need to release a new DAC. They like what it does, and they're comfortable keeping it just the way it is. Not a lot of audio companies can say that.post #43 of 638/13/10 at 10:06ampost #44 of 638/13/10 at 12:23pm
- Electrocompaniet ECD-1 Impression/Appreciation thread!
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
Currently, there are 3911 Active Users (746 Members and 3165 Guests)
- › Pioneer XDP-300R | Twin DAC ES9018K2M | Balanced Out | Android |... 9 seconds ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 22 seconds ago
- › Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread 35 seconds ago
- › MYSPHERE 3.1-UNIQUE in SOUND&DESIGN&BUILD QUALITY 1 minute ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 2 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 4 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 4 minutes ago
- › New DIY Altoids Tin Amp - The Class A "Wintergreen Handwarmer" by... 4 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-FW01 - The New Top End Wood Driver IEM (2017) 5 minutes ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 5 minutes ago
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad1000x by Army-Firedawg
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by wdetterman
- › Holo Audio Spring DAC - Level 1 "Base Model" by T Bone
- › FiiO X1-II High Resolution Lossless Music Player (2nd Generation)... by gemmoglock
- › Effect Audio X Empire Ears : "Arthur" by justrest
- › iBasso Audio DX80 High Resolution Audio Player by Nymphonomaniac
- › DUNU DN-2000J by EZE99
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by snapacap
- › AKG K 550 by Simurgh
- › Brainwavz BLU-Delta Bluetooth Earbud Wireless Noise Isolating... by chompchomps
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear