Has anyone put a MS-2 or 325 through the upgrade, and then done a MS-1000 upgrade?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAlessandro MS2itagged by System, 7/6/10
- productGrado Head-Fi Series HF-2 Headphonestagged by System, 3/10/11
- productGrado hp 2tagged by System, 1/27/11
- productGrado SR325stagged by System, 7/6/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/12/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 7/21/10
- brandSymphonestagged by System, 12/17/11
- productSymphones Magnumstagged by System, 12/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- Grado modders go Magnum Last post on 4/27/16 at 3:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which of the metal grados is your fav? Last post on 10/5/11 at 3:21pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Worth tracking down Alessandro MS2i? Last post on 6/16/11 at 5:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgradin from SR-125i's to what? Last post on 4/25/11 at 8:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- which Grado? Last post on 5/28/11 at 10:44am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I got to listen to these for a couple weeks as part of the USA tour, with the requirement that I write a review and pay to ship them to the next participant. I am not affiliated with, and was not...
Introduction: I have had the chance to listen to the HD800 a few times at local Head-Fi meets. However, I have never got a good chance to listen to them, either the person who owned them...
At the time of this review, the iFi micro iDSD, iFi nano Gemini cable and iFi nano iUSB3.0 was for sale on Amazon’s website. Here are links for the purchase of these three...
These so far dethroned all my top headphones. Deeper more natural bass than the M50X, or the HE-400, better 3d imaging, and speed than the AD900x, better comfort than the DT990pro. Mine is...
Introduction I was able to demo the PM-3 for a week as part of OPPO's loaner program. This is the second OPPO loaner I've tried (also auditioned the PM-1), and once again I'd like to thank Chris...
Symphones Magnum upgrade for Grado SR325 and Alessandro MS2 - Page 154post #2296 of 23365/8/13 at 12:10pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2297 of 23365/8/13 at 12:38pm
its not hard, grab a soldering iron, solder and some random parts/wire from radioshack and hit up YouTube for some guides and practice. Once your comfortable do the mod. We all were there once and with some practice you should be able to pull this off.post #2298 of 23365/8/13 at 12:49pmQuote:
seriously. rhydon studied a magnum headphone(driver, gymbals, etc.)and i do the same with aluminium?
the problem is not the wire of coursepost #2299 of 23365/8/13 at 1:31pmQuote:
Here's a good oportunity to make a good business! Looking forward to see your progress real soonQuote:
I've heard of at least to users who enjoyed it a lot. Then at least one replaced the cups and went with wood. It was sometime ago though.post #2300 of 23365/8/13 at 2:07pmQuote:
This is the part where you have to be creative... I used a headband from another set of headphones instead of modding mine, then I used a wood cup in place of aluminum because it was easier to source... I have made a few though with a hole saw and a bunch of sanding lolpost #2301 of 23365/8/13 at 2:08pmQuote:
Oh hell no lol... I don't have the time plus my wood working skills aren't the greatestpost #2302 of 23365/8/13 at 11:14pmQuote:Originally Posted by kvtaco17
This is the part where you have to be creative... I used a headband from another set of headphones instead of modding mine, then I used a wood cup in place of aluminum because it was easier to source... I have made a few though with a hole saw and a bunch of sanding lol
ah, okay. but aphinity was looking for a magnum not an headphone with wood cups.
it´s a different historypost #2303 of 23365/8/13 at 11:15pmQuote:
Xaval join to me for a portuguese magnum(not the ice cream)post #2304 of 23365/9/13 at 3:04pm
Missing your ex-3.5? I've beem taking good care of them and listen a lot with them. They're on my avatar :)post #2305 of 23365/9/13 at 11:38pmpost #2306 of 23365/10/13 at 4:59ampost #2307 of 23365/10/13 at 6:05ampost #2308 of 23365/10/13 at 6:19ampost #2309 of 23366/19/13 at 6:50pmAm I being stupid or is it just nostalgia. I just put up a "For Trade" post.
I'm trading my full modded magnums for anyone's Grado Rs1i. I know in my head the Magnums are superior but I miss the sound or look or the rs1i.
Am I going to regret this? Or has anyone gone back to RS1i?
Or can someone who has both do some comparisons to refresh my memory?
Help!post #2310 of 23367/4/13 at 10:37am
In some ways, the RS-1 has more charm because it sounds rougher. The cheaper resonant wood (John Grado formulation) of the RS-1 also helps to color the sound in a nice way. I've heard several variety of Magnums and can understand where you are coming from.
- Symphones Magnum upgrade for Grado SR325 and Alessandro MS2
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Audeze SINE Series 19 seconds ago
- › Official New York Spring Meet Saturday June 11 2016 41 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 3 minutes ago
- › Wireless headphones/hearphones - what to do? 4 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 5 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 5 minutes ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 6 minutes ago
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed Version Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 7 minutes ago
- › Meze 99 Classics by Defiant00
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by silvrr
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Hisoundfi
- › Audeze EL-8 Open-Back by droido256
- › OPPO PM-3 by Sophonax
- › Sennheiser HD 558 by starbux61
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Feilong4
- › X-18 D2 - Sundown Audio 18" Dual 2-Ohm X-Series Subwoofer by RockeyDA
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by mark2410
- › FiiO RM1 Bluetooth Remote Controller by ryanjsoo
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse