Has anyone put a MS-2 or 325 through the upgrade, and then done a MS-1000 upgrade?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAlessandro MS2itagged by System, 7/6/10
- productGrado Head-Fi Series HF-2 Headphonestagged by System, 3/10/11
- productGrado hp 2tagged by System, 1/27/11
- productGrado SR325stagged by System, 7/6/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/12/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 7/21/10
- brandSymphonestagged by System, 12/17/11
- productSymphones Magnumstagged by System, 12/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- Grado modders go Magnum Last post on 7/16/16 at 8:17am in Headphones (full-size)
- Which of the metal grados is your fav? Last post on 10/5/11 at 3:21pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Worth tracking down Alessandro MS2i? Last post on 6/16/11 at 5:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgradin from SR-125i's to what? Last post on 4/25/11 at 8:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- which Grado? Last post on 5/28/11 at 10:44am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
First of all I’d like to thank LZ and Lao for sending me a review sample of the LZ A2S. I'd also want to thank my friend Tamal for informing me about the LZ A2S, thanks mate! The retail price of...
Ampsandsound are an amplifier and loudspeaker builder out of Southern California. I discovered Justin Weber and team through Head-Fi, when reports of their Kenzie headphone amps appeared. Since...
Review: Cleer DJ Professional DJ Headphone I tried to post a review only to the review template, but I was unable to because the system stated I was above the maximum character count, hence...
If you are looking at the RHA-MA750, you already have done a bit of research about how they sound. So, I will get straight to my review. Sound Quality: Let me start off by saying that these...
Acknowledgment Thanks to @Tony-Hifi of HiFi headphones for making me review this desktop DAC/Amp as a favour. I love reviewing loaners, but it’s always sad to package and send them off...
Symphones Magnum upgrade for Grado SR325 and Alessandro MS2 - Page 154post #2296 of 23365/8/13 at 12:10pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2297 of 23365/8/13 at 12:38pm
its not hard, grab a soldering iron, solder and some random parts/wire from radioshack and hit up YouTube for some guides and practice. Once your comfortable do the mod. We all were there once and with some practice you should be able to pull this off.post #2298 of 23365/8/13 at 12:49pmQuote:
seriously. rhydon studied a magnum headphone(driver, gymbals, etc.)and i do the same with aluminium?
the problem is not the wire of coursepost #2299 of 23365/8/13 at 1:31pmQuote:
Here's a good oportunity to make a good business! Looking forward to see your progress real soonQuote:
I've heard of at least to users who enjoyed it a lot. Then at least one replaced the cups and went with wood. It was sometime ago though.post #2300 of 23365/8/13 at 2:07pmQuote:
This is the part where you have to be creative... I used a headband from another set of headphones instead of modding mine, then I used a wood cup in place of aluminum because it was easier to source... I have made a few though with a hole saw and a bunch of sanding lolpost #2301 of 23365/8/13 at 2:08pmQuote:
Oh hell no lol... I don't have the time plus my wood working skills aren't the greatestpost #2302 of 23365/8/13 at 11:14pmQuote:Originally Posted by kvtaco17
This is the part where you have to be creative... I used a headband from another set of headphones instead of modding mine, then I used a wood cup in place of aluminum because it was easier to source... I have made a few though with a hole saw and a bunch of sanding lol
ah, okay. but aphinity was looking for a magnum not an headphone with wood cups.
it´s a different historypost #2303 of 23365/8/13 at 11:15pmQuote:
Xaval join to me for a portuguese magnum(not the ice cream)post #2304 of 23365/9/13 at 3:04pm
Missing your ex-3.5? I've beem taking good care of them and listen a lot with them. They're on my avatar :)post #2305 of 23365/9/13 at 11:38pmpost #2306 of 23365/10/13 at 4:59ampost #2307 of 23365/10/13 at 6:05ampost #2308 of 23365/10/13 at 6:19ampost #2309 of 23366/19/13 at 6:50pmAm I being stupid or is it just nostalgia. I just put up a "For Trade" post.
I'm trading my full modded magnums for anyone's Grado Rs1i. I know in my head the Magnums are superior but I miss the sound or look or the rs1i.
Am I going to regret this? Or has anyone gone back to RS1i?
Or can someone who has both do some comparisons to refresh my memory?
Help!post #2310 of 23367/4/13 at 10:37am
In some ways, the RS-1 has more charm because it sounds rougher. The cheaper resonant wood (John Grado formulation) of the RS-1 also helps to color the sound in a nice way. I've heard several variety of Magnums and can understand where you are coming from.
- Symphones Magnum upgrade for Grado SR325 and Alessandro MS2
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › SoundMAGIC HP-100 "Tru-Fi Speakers Mod" from packdemon -... 5 seconds ago
- › Ak240 54 seconds ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 1 minute ago
- › FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Rising cost of "audiophile" equipment and importance of bias/blind... 3 minutes ago
- › Cayin N5 DAP - Product Info (Post #2), Resources (Post #3) and... 4 minutes ago
- › Sony XBA-300 Impressions & Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 5 minutes ago
- › Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384... 5 minutes ago
- › LZ-A2S by peter123
- › ampsandsound Mogwai Single-Ended Amplifier by dmhenley
- › Cleer DJ Professional DJ Headphone by moedawg140
- › RHA MA750 by bobghosh
- › Questyle CMA600i "Current Mode Amplification" Headphone... by glassmonkey
- › Vibro Labs Aria quad armature in-ear monitor by Talai
- › Shure SRH840 by haroldtheboss
- › Beyerdynamic T5p by MrTechAgent
- › Xiaomi Piston Colorful Starter Edition by aNtzE
- › Trinity Audio Engineering - PHANTOM SABRE by FUYU
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...