Has anyone put a MS-2 or 325 through the upgrade, and then done a MS-1000 upgrade?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAlessandro MS2itagged by System, 7/6/10
- productGrado Head-Fi Series HF-2 Headphonestagged by System, 3/10/11
- productGrado hp 2tagged by System, 1/27/11
- productGrado SR325stagged by System, 7/6/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/12/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 7/21/10
- brandSymphonestagged by System, 12/17/11
- productSymphones Magnumstagged by System, 12/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- Grado modders go Magnum Last post on Yesterday at 3:31 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which of the metal grados is your fav? Last post on 10/5/11 at 3:21pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Worth tracking down Alessandro MS2i? Last post on 6/16/11 at 5:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgradin from SR-125i's to what? Last post on 4/25/11 at 8:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- which Grado? Last post on 5/28/11 at 10:44am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
At the time this review was written, the TFZ Series 3 was listed for sale on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to their listing of the...
Background: I own Sennheiser HD600 and Fiio X3II. I love HD600 because it is comfortable and also works well for my classical music and vocal music. But it doesn't play well with any pop music...
PETEREK cables Balanced cable for Sony EX series. Standard custom for Sony EX series Standard 2 pin cable for LEAR,ASG,SHURE ETC. Standard MMCX...
This will be a short review as there are a few other reviews that go into great depth listing all of the specs. I mainly joined this tour to basically get another chance at the X7 and try the amp...
It beats my old Marantz HD-DAC1 in every way. Clarity, smooth, details... my HD650 seems not able to show its full potential. I assume, K812 or T1 will be better match. My K1000 shows new life...
Symphones Magnum upgrade for Grado SR325 and Alessandro MS2 - Page 154post #2296 of 23365/8/13 at 12:10pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2297 of 23365/8/13 at 12:38pm
its not hard, grab a soldering iron, solder and some random parts/wire from radioshack and hit up YouTube for some guides and practice. Once your comfortable do the mod. We all were there once and with some practice you should be able to pull this off.post #2298 of 23365/8/13 at 12:49pmQuote:
seriously. rhydon studied a magnum headphone(driver, gymbals, etc.)and i do the same with aluminium?
the problem is not the wire of coursepost #2299 of 23365/8/13 at 1:31pmQuote:
Here's a good oportunity to make a good business! Looking forward to see your progress real soonQuote:
I've heard of at least to users who enjoyed it a lot. Then at least one replaced the cups and went with wood. It was sometime ago though.post #2300 of 23365/8/13 at 2:07pmQuote:
This is the part where you have to be creative... I used a headband from another set of headphones instead of modding mine, then I used a wood cup in place of aluminum because it was easier to source... I have made a few though with a hole saw and a bunch of sanding lolpost #2301 of 23365/8/13 at 2:08pmQuote:
Oh hell no lol... I don't have the time plus my wood working skills aren't the greatestpost #2302 of 23365/8/13 at 11:14pmQuote:Originally Posted by kvtaco17
This is the part where you have to be creative... I used a headband from another set of headphones instead of modding mine, then I used a wood cup in place of aluminum because it was easier to source... I have made a few though with a hole saw and a bunch of sanding lol
ah, okay. but aphinity was looking for a magnum not an headphone with wood cups.
it´s a different historypost #2303 of 23365/8/13 at 11:15pmQuote:
Xaval join to me for a portuguese magnum(not the ice cream)post #2304 of 23365/9/13 at 3:04pm
Missing your ex-3.5? I've beem taking good care of them and listen a lot with them. They're on my avatar :)post #2305 of 23365/9/13 at 11:38pmpost #2306 of 23365/10/13 at 4:59ampost #2307 of 23365/10/13 at 6:05ampost #2308 of 23365/10/13 at 6:19ampost #2309 of 23366/19/13 at 6:50pmAm I being stupid or is it just nostalgia. I just put up a "For Trade" post.
I'm trading my full modded magnums for anyone's Grado Rs1i. I know in my head the Magnums are superior but I miss the sound or look or the rs1i.
Am I going to regret this? Or has anyone gone back to RS1i?
Or can someone who has both do some comparisons to refresh my memory?
Help!post #2310 of 23367/4/13 at 10:37am
In some ways, the RS-1 has more charm because it sounds rougher. The cheaper resonant wood (John Grado formulation) of the RS-1 also helps to color the sound in a nice way. I've heard several variety of Magnums and can understand where you are coming from.
- Symphones Magnum upgrade for Grado SR325 and Alessandro MS2
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Cayin N5 DAP - Product Info (Post #2), Resources (Post #3) and... 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi |... 4 minutes ago
- › [GUIDE] Sonic Differences Between DT770-DT990 Models & More 4 minutes ago
- › The decline of the forum signature 5 minutes ago
- › Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar... 5 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › LG V20 Sound Quality 6 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 6 minutes ago
- › The Fragrant Zither (TFZ) Series 3 Hifi Earphones by Hisoundfi
- › Bowers & Wilkins P3 by foobar2015
- › "PETEREK (Verbessen)" by Hawaiibadboy
- › FiiO AM2 - Medium Power Amplifier Module for X7 by howdy
- › DiDiT DAC212 by Runningwater
- › Soundaware Esther by FUYU
- › Edifier R1700BT Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers - Active Near-field... by ryanjsoo
- › AAW A3H Pro Custom In-Ear Monitor by crinacle
- › Cyberdrive Seiun Player JR2 by ExpatinJapan
- › Brainwavz Krudul Duo Earphone Storage Management System Hanger by B9Scrambler
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...