Has anyone put a MS-2 or 325 through the upgrade, and then done a MS-1000 upgrade?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAlessandro MS2itagged by System, 7/6/10
- productGrado Head-Fi Series HF-2 Headphonestagged by System, 3/10/11
- productGrado hp 2tagged by System, 1/27/11
- productGrado SR325stagged by System, 7/6/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/12/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 7/21/10
- brandSymphonestagged by System, 12/17/11
- productSymphones Magnumstagged by System, 12/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- Grado modders go Magnum Last post on Today at 4:13 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which of the metal grados is your fav? Last post on 10/5/11 at 3:21pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Worth tracking down Alessandro MS2i? Last post on 6/16/11 at 5:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgradin from SR-125i's to what? Last post on 4/25/11 at 8:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- which Grado? Last post on 5/28/11 at 10:44am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The urbanite xl wireless is seemingly targeting the younger audience with its stylish looks,bluetooth connectivity and a bass emphasis.But does this deliver like it is intended to?Let's run through...
I was looking for a solution to simultaneously listen and charge an iPhone7, since Apple decided to ditch the 3.5 mm jack output. This one, which I got on Aliexpress, does the job. Soundwise, it...
Final F7200 Earphone review I will start this review of the Final F7200 earphones by saying that I am not going to include photos or technical specifications, as these have been very well covered...
MBC/ PINOYMAN's review: The TFZ series 1 Iem. Id like to thank Christopher Gatchalian for lending me his pair unit for the purpose of this review. Shell: clear in smoke black. Cable: quality is...
This is a review of the Cambridge DacMagic Plus DAC/headphone amp/pre amp. The Cambridge Audio DacMagic Plus was sent to me by Cambridge Audio in the UK as a loaner for the purpose of doing this...
Symphones Magnum upgrade for Grado SR325 and Alessandro MS2 - Page 154post #2296 of 23365/8/13 at 12:10pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2297 of 23365/8/13 at 12:38pm
its not hard, grab a soldering iron, solder and some random parts/wire from radioshack and hit up YouTube for some guides and practice. Once your comfortable do the mod. We all were there once and with some practice you should be able to pull this off.post #2298 of 23365/8/13 at 12:49pmQuote:
seriously. rhydon studied a magnum headphone(driver, gymbals, etc.)and i do the same with aluminium?
the problem is not the wire of coursepost #2299 of 23365/8/13 at 1:31pmQuote:
Here's a good oportunity to make a good business! Looking forward to see your progress real soonQuote:
I've heard of at least to users who enjoyed it a lot. Then at least one replaced the cups and went with wood. It was sometime ago though.post #2300 of 23365/8/13 at 2:07pmQuote:
This is the part where you have to be creative... I used a headband from another set of headphones instead of modding mine, then I used a wood cup in place of aluminum because it was easier to source... I have made a few though with a hole saw and a bunch of sanding lolpost #2301 of 23365/8/13 at 2:08pmQuote:
Oh hell no lol... I don't have the time plus my wood working skills aren't the greatestpost #2302 of 23365/8/13 at 11:14pmQuote:Originally Posted by kvtaco17
This is the part where you have to be creative... I used a headband from another set of headphones instead of modding mine, then I used a wood cup in place of aluminum because it was easier to source... I have made a few though with a hole saw and a bunch of sanding lol
ah, okay. but aphinity was looking for a magnum not an headphone with wood cups.
it´s a different historypost #2303 of 23365/8/13 at 11:15pmQuote:
Xaval join to me for a portuguese magnum(not the ice cream)post #2304 of 23365/9/13 at 3:04pm
Missing your ex-3.5? I've beem taking good care of them and listen a lot with them. They're on my avatar :)post #2305 of 23365/9/13 at 11:38pmpost #2306 of 23365/10/13 at 4:59ampost #2307 of 23365/10/13 at 6:05ampost #2308 of 23365/10/13 at 6:19ampost #2309 of 23366/19/13 at 6:50pmAm I being stupid or is it just nostalgia. I just put up a "For Trade" post.
I'm trading my full modded magnums for anyone's Grado Rs1i. I know in my head the Magnums are superior but I miss the sound or look or the rs1i.
Am I going to regret this? Or has anyone gone back to RS1i?
Or can someone who has both do some comparisons to refresh my memory?
Help!post #2310 of 23367/4/13 at 10:37am
In some ways, the RS-1 has more charm because it sounds rougher. The cheaper resonant wood (John Grado formulation) of the RS-1 also helps to color the sound in a nice way. I've heard several variety of Magnums and can understand where you are coming from.
- Symphones Magnum upgrade for Grado SR325 and Alessandro MS2
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Band Name Game II 53 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › Winnipeg meets' thread (Ongoing) 1 minute ago
- › Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The foobar2000 help thread. Got problems or questions? Ask here! 2 minutes ago
- › Focal Utopia (& a little Elear) impressions and discussion 2 minutes ago
- › Pioneer's first DAP, the XDP-100R announced in IFA 3 minutes ago
- › The Fiio A5 thread: an upgrade of E12A, MUSES02+LME49600, 800mW,... 3 minutes ago
- › Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384... 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Wireless by Rafique Adzam
- › Mcdodo Lightning to Audio Cable (for iPhone 7) w/ charging function by Webkarma
- › Final F7200 by malcolm.mcintyre
- › TFZ Series 1 by pinoyman
- › Cambridge Audio Azur DacMagic Plus by peter123
- › HiFiMAN RE-00 by mark2410
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by Kerry56
- › NAD Electronics VISO HP50 Noise-Isolating Over-Ear Headphones by Kerry56
- › Philips Shp8000/10 Hi-Fi Headphones - Black by Redcarmoose
- › Sony MDRXB400/BLU Extra Bass Over The Head 30 mm Driver Headphone,... by InternPrimas
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...