Has anyone put a MS-2 or 325 through the upgrade, and then done a MS-1000 upgrade?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAlessandro MS2itagged by System, 7/6/10
- productGrado Head-Fi Series HF-2 Headphonestagged by System, 3/10/11
- productGrado hp 2tagged by System, 1/27/11
- productGrado SR325stagged by System, 7/6/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/12/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 7/21/10
- brandSymphonestagged by System, 12/17/11
- productSymphones Magnumstagged by System, 12/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- Grado modders go Magnum Last post on Today at 2:29 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which of the metal grados is your fav? Last post on 10/5/11 at 3:21pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Worth tracking down Alessandro MS2i? Last post on 6/16/11 at 5:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgradin from SR-125i's to what? Last post on 4/25/11 at 8:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- which Grado? Last post on 5/28/11 at 10:44am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTION Firstly I want to thank a local NZ Head-Fier (AudioDHD) for allowing me to spend some time...
Not a whole lot to add that others have mentioned. I would have liked a traveling case included instead of a pouch, but I will let that slide for a couple of reasons. First is that the box that...
First, I would like to thank Shozy for sending me a pre-production model of the Zero in exchange for my honest opinion. My pre-production model arrived in a small package. Inside was the Zero...
Ghostek made its name in the phone accessory market. Its been building solid cases for a while now, and they’ve brought everything they’ve learned from making durable phone cases to the table...
INTRO:- Yup, I am back. This time around I have the Meelectronics M7P. This is an interesting piece of earphone. To be precise I had not seen one like this before. This one belongs to MEE...
Symphones Magnum upgrade for Grado SR325 and Alessandro MS2 - Page 154post #2296 of 23365/8/13 at 12:10pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2297 of 23365/8/13 at 12:38pm
its not hard, grab a soldering iron, solder and some random parts/wire from radioshack and hit up YouTube for some guides and practice. Once your comfortable do the mod. We all were there once and with some practice you should be able to pull this off.post #2298 of 23365/8/13 at 12:49pmQuote:
seriously. rhydon studied a magnum headphone(driver, gymbals, etc.)and i do the same with aluminium?
the problem is not the wire of coursepost #2299 of 23365/8/13 at 1:31pmQuote:
Here's a good oportunity to make a good business! Looking forward to see your progress real soonQuote:
I've heard of at least to users who enjoyed it a lot. Then at least one replaced the cups and went with wood. It was sometime ago though.post #2300 of 23365/8/13 at 2:07pmQuote:
This is the part where you have to be creative... I used a headband from another set of headphones instead of modding mine, then I used a wood cup in place of aluminum because it was easier to source... I have made a few though with a hole saw and a bunch of sanding lolpost #2301 of 23365/8/13 at 2:08pmQuote:
Oh hell no lol... I don't have the time plus my wood working skills aren't the greatestpost #2302 of 23365/8/13 at 11:14pmQuote:Originally Posted by kvtaco17
This is the part where you have to be creative... I used a headband from another set of headphones instead of modding mine, then I used a wood cup in place of aluminum because it was easier to source... I have made a few though with a hole saw and a bunch of sanding lol
ah, okay. but aphinity was looking for a magnum not an headphone with wood cups.
it´s a different historypost #2303 of 23365/8/13 at 11:15pmQuote:
Xaval join to me for a portuguese magnum(not the ice cream)post #2304 of 23365/9/13 at 3:04pm
Missing your ex-3.5? I've beem taking good care of them and listen a lot with them. They're on my avatar :)post #2305 of 23365/9/13 at 11:38pmpost #2306 of 23365/10/13 at 4:59ampost #2307 of 23365/10/13 at 6:05ampost #2308 of 23365/10/13 at 6:19ampost #2309 of 23366/19/13 at 6:50pmAm I being stupid or is it just nostalgia. I just put up a "For Trade" post.
I'm trading my full modded magnums for anyone's Grado Rs1i. I know in my head the Magnums are superior but I miss the sound or look or the rs1i.
Am I going to regret this? Or has anyone gone back to RS1i?
Or can someone who has both do some comparisons to refresh my memory?
Help!post #2310 of 23367/4/13 at 10:37am
In some ways, the RS-1 has more charm because it sounds rougher. The cheaper resonant wood (John Grado formulation) of the RS-1 also helps to color the sound in a nice way. I've heard several variety of Magnums and can understand where you are coming from.
- Symphones Magnum upgrade for Grado SR325 and Alessandro MS2
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 1 minute ago
- › Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering 1 minute ago
- › D100 PRO-Professional PCM/DSD streaming music transport system of... 2 minutes ago
- › Grace Design x Massdrop m9XX DAC/Amp Review: First Impressions 2 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova 2 minutes ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 5 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica updates CKR series: ATH-CKR100, ATH-CKR90, ATH-CKR70 6 minutes ago
- › ZhiYin QT5 by Brooko
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by ekolite
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by slowpickr
- › Ghostek GHOHP001 Wireless Bluetooth Headphones, soDrop Series aptX... by Cinder
- › MEE audio M7P Secure-Fit Sports In-Ear Headphones with Mic, Remote,... by suman134
- › Rock Jaw Alfa Genus V2 Earphones with In-Line Mic & 3x Tuning... by suman134
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by suman134
- › Campfire Audio Lyra by Brooko
- › Brainwavz Hooka by DynamikeB
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC by JoeDoe
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...