or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Symphones Magnum upgrade for Grado SR325 and Alessandro MS2
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Symphones Magnum upgrade for Grado SR325 and Alessandro MS2 - Page 151

post #2251 of 2336
Quote:
Originally Posted by scootsit View Post

I was wondering, I know that the plastic ring in the back that says "Grado Prestige Series" can be removed. I remember someone's loosened during shipping and came back to him crooked. What to the 325s look like with that gone? I'm thinking of pulling mine off, anyone have any pictures?

The 325 looks fine with the badges off, though sound doesn't really change (it may, but it's so extremely subtle) so it's almost purely a cosmetic choice.


From HeadWize:

700

 

(these are 325, not 325i)


Edited by dorino - 8/8/12 at 1:25pm
post #2252 of 2336
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorino View Post

The 325 looks fine with the badges off, though sound doesn't really change (it may, but it's so extremely subtle) so it's almost purely a cosmetic choice.


From HeadWize:

700

 

 

He was talking about the rings, not the badges.

post #2253 of 2336
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pingupenguins View Post

 

 

He was talking about the rings, not the badges.

 

I'm not even dyslexic. There is no excuse. Sorry!

post #2254 of 2336

This was posted in the linked thread, Scootsit. Is that what you mean?

GreatDane used boiling water to loosen his. I believe others recommended the use of an exacto knife after that.

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/432665/how-to-remove-grado-prestige-series-model-ring

 


Edited by SoItGoes - 8/8/12 at 7:16pm
post #2255 of 2336
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoItGoes View Post

This was posted in the linked thread, Scootsit. Is that what you mean?

GreatDane used boiling water to loosen his. I believe others recommended the use of an exacto knife after that.

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/432665/how-to-remove-grado-prestige-series-model-ring

 


Yes sir, thank you.

post #2256 of 2336
Quote:
Originally Posted by scootsit View Post


Yes sir, thank you.


That's sexy.... (your headphones). I'm unsubscribing, this thread makes my wallet itch.

post #2257 of 2336
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pingupenguins View Post


That's sexy.... (your headphones). I'm unsubscribing, this thread makes my wallet itch.

 

Those aren't mine, though mine may soon look similar. But, lucky for you, Magnums are no longer made!
post #2258 of 2336

Has anyone gotten some shaft collars or rod locks on their magnums? The rodtips are very permanent, according to Rhydon, so the only option is buying new tips and destroying the ones on there, to replace the rodblocks/add locks. Anyone have another solution? I am considering buying some aluminum rodblocks from Martin, but then I'd have to destroy the rod tips, which I'd prefer not to do.

post #2259 of 2336

Now someone needs to mill out some aluminum or wood to fill in place of that ugly plastic ring!

post #2260 of 2336
But even milling won't suffice, there would be no way to get them over the rod tips. They'd need to get cut in half.
post #2261 of 2336

scootsit - I war referencing the plastic vanity ring on the cup, not the rods / rod lock situation that you are speaking of.

post #2262 of 2336
Quote:
Originally Posted by scootsit View Post


Yes indeed! I think that I came to a similar conclusion the other day. The flats just sort of sweeten the whole presentation up, but I felt like I was missing out on some details, so I went back to the bowls, I find the treble very seductive, so that's probably why. I noticed that the flats were warmer, and perhaps smoother.

 

Yeah I think it's situational which ones are best, but it really isn't worth switching them so often. Variety is the spice of life, right? So I just change it up every so often and it's a revelation every time! Hah.

 

So, I have the V1s still (lite). I know it's been discussed over time, and I even read it back when, but can someone give me a really quick rundown of how the sound evolved over the revisions? I passed on the upgrade mostly because I didn't want to part with my headphones for weeks for a second time, and I love my V1s but I've always been curious...

post #2263 of 2336
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottieB View Post

 

Yeah I think it's situational which ones are best, but it really isn't worth switching them so often. Variety is the spice of life, right? So I just change it up every so often and it's a revelation every time! Hah.

 

So, I have the V1s still (lite). I know it's been discussed over time, and I even read it back when, but can someone give me a really quick rundown of how the sound evolved over the revisions? I passed on the upgrade mostly because I didn't want to part with my headphones for weeks for a second time, and I love my V1s but I've always been curious...


I think that the flats sort of fall on your ears as they should, else they sound off. The bowls however can be positioned in any one of a few different ways. For me, I can get a few different positions, on my ears, around my ears, etc. I can get totally different sounds, based on that. I find that I do get a tad too much cymbal, sometimes. But, if I move them, I can soften it. So confusing!

post #2264 of 2336

God, I've been away for a year and the thread has ballooned to 151 pages and the Magnums have gone from V2 to V4.

 

I had the V1 which I upgraded to the V2. Can someone tell me in a nutshell what changes there were between the V2, V3 and V4 to save me trawling through 100+ pages! Thanks!

post #2265 of 2336

The mids are a bit more forward with the V4s than the V2s. There are also improvements with the chambers, which were re-designed with a special coating applied inside to prevent reflections.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Symphones Magnum upgrade for Grado SR325 and Alessandro MS2