Will Symphones make a replaceable cabled version of the Magnum upgrade?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAlessandro MS2itagged by System, 7/6/10
- productGrado Head-Fi Series HF-2 Headphonestagged by System, 3/10/11
- productGrado hp 2tagged by System, 1/27/11
- productGrado SR325stagged by System, 7/6/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/12/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 7/21/10
- brandSymphonestagged by System, 12/17/11
- productSymphones Magnumstagged by System, 12/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- Grado modders go Magnum Last post on 6/5/15 at 11:30pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which of the metal grados is your fav? Last post on 10/5/11 at 3:21pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Worth tracking down Alessandro MS2i? Last post on 6/16/11 at 5:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgradin from SR-125i's to what? Last post on 4/25/11 at 8:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- which Grado? Last post on 5/28/11 at 10:44am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Introduction: The newest member of Noble Audio’s line of IEMs, the Savant, has taken Head-Fi by storm and has caught the attention of many eager Head-Fier – myself included. Noble’s reputation for...
These headphones will let you know if your source is good or not. I won't repeat much of the pros and cons of this headphone that hasn't already been said. These are really comfortable for...
Out-of-box experience.....Accessories and packaging Receiving and unboxing the RHA T20 gives the impression that this product is not just "some" product. Everything signals quality and thought....
Firstly, like to thank Billy from Busisoft for organising the Westone UM PRO 10 for this review. Westone needs no introduction, they are one of the industry leaders for professional monitors...
Symphones Magnum upgrade for Grado SR325 and Alessandro MS2 - Page 143post #2131 of 23366/2/12 at 5:37am
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2132 of 23366/2/12 at 5:45amQuote:
I do not believe so, but you should contact Rhydon to find out.post #2133 of 23366/2/12 at 5:49amQuote:
Damn, having a replaceable cable would be half the reason I would go for it.post #2134 of 23366/2/12 at 5:53ampost #2135 of 23366/2/12 at 5:55amQuote:
i know that the 4.0 is the last release.better is very hard!!!post #2136 of 23366/2/12 at 6:10ampost #2137 of 23366/2/12 at 6:12ampost #2138 of 23366/2/12 at 6:51ampost #2139 of 23366/2/12 at 6:52ampost #2140 of 23366/2/12 at 6:54ampost #2141 of 23366/2/12 at 6:57am
We need a thread "How to convince your significant other that spending $300 on headphones or $400 upgrading $300 headphones makes sense." Any psychologists in the house?post #2142 of 23366/2/12 at 7:13am
Just sent a email to Rhydon and I'm praying real hard, lol.
That he will have left parts to transform my MS2i body into a Full Magnum... never saw this coming, I was expecting more operation time for Symphones, eventually a V5.0 driver or something, and not the end already!
Man I don't even have 400 dollars... but I've been interested and desirous to own a Full Magnum since driver V2 in past September. Hope I'm not too late!Quote:
MAN THAT WAS TWO WEEKS AGO.... HAHAHANONONONONO
Edited by devouringone3 - 6/2/12 at 7:27ampost #2143 of 23366/2/12 at 7:18am
If you do the full Magnum, be wary before you move the rods up and down. Rhydon's rod blocks, while substantially better made than Grados, are slightly wider. Grados are so narrow that the rod holder on the headband is frequently glued on not-so-straight. As a result, when you get the bigger rod blocks they can do some damage to the headband. So, before you use them just make sure that you check that and adjust the rod holders accordingly. It just means a little bit of pivoting that is not a big deal at all.post #2144 of 23366/2/12 at 7:26amQuote:Originally Posted by scootsit
If you do the full Magnum, be wary before you move the rods up and down. Rhydon's rod blocks, while substantially better made than Grados, are slightly wider. Grados are so narrow that the rod holder on the headband is frequently glued on not-so-straight. As a result, when you get the bigger rod blocks they can do some damage to the headband. So, before you use them just make sure that you check that and adjust the rod holders accordingly. It just means a little bit of pivoting that is not a big deal at all.
Thank you for the tip! I will watch out for this, if I manage to get one of the last pairs he will (ever?) make :/ :/ !
I remember reading you when you first posted about this issue also ;).
Rhydon's gimbals*, he uses stock Grado rodblocks. Gimbals are the gyroscopic rings that allow your cups to pivot and swivel/rotatepost #2145 of 23366/2/12 at 7:29am
Sorry, I may have used the wrong terminology. By rod blocks, I meant the very tiny little bit of plastic glued to the top of Grado gimbals. I have no clue what to call them. Rhydon's are aluminum and slightly larger. I should post some pictures, I went for the all black build and it looks amazing.
- Symphones Magnum upgrade for Grado SR325 and Alessandro MS2
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Objectivists board room 36 seconds ago
- › Tralucent Ref1 Too w Gold Silver Cable - UNUSED 1 minute ago
- › New ALO Rx - IEM only - Portable Amplifier Impressions and... 2 minutes ago
- › Astell & Kern Junior (AK Jr.) Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Alpha & Delta AD01 5 minutes ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 8 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Wave 9 minutes ago
- › ***NEW*** Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? 10 minutes ago
- › How To: Process High Resolution Music Files 11 minutes ago
- › Tidal Lossless Streaming 11 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio Savant by Cotnijoe
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by snellemin
- › Don Scorpio sMushroom HD Bluetooth iem by Baycode
- › RHA T20 by rasmushorn
- › Westone UM Pro10 High Performance Single Driver Noise-Isolating... by pformagg
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by suman134
- › Noontec Hammo S Over Ear Headphone Audiophile Sound Stylish Looking... by Lunatique
- › OPPO PM-3 by RazrLeaf
- › Xtreme Xplosives In Ear by Omar717
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by morethansense
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)