Will Symphones make a replaceable cabled version of the Magnum upgrade?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAlessandro MS2itagged by System, 7/6/10
- productGrado Head-Fi Series HF-2 Headphonestagged by System, 3/10/11
- productGrado hp 2tagged by System, 1/27/11
- productGrado SR325stagged by System, 7/6/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/12/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 7/21/10
- brandSymphonestagged by System, 12/17/11
- productSymphones Magnumstagged by System, 12/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- Grado modders go Magnum Last post on Yesterday at 2:04 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which of the metal grados is your fav? Last post on 10/5/11 at 3:21pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Worth tracking down Alessandro MS2i? Last post on 6/16/11 at 5:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgradin from SR-125i's to what? Last post on 4/25/11 at 8:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- which Grado? Last post on 5/28/11 at 10:44am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
For larger images - please click individual photosINTRODUCTIONThis was the 2nd round of the HifiMan review tour of the two new DAPs in their portfolio. I posted the review of the SuperMini earlier...
Linking Mart/Agptek kindly sent me their latest Lossless Media player for review. External Features The first thing that strikes you about this player is its sheer weight and feeling of solidity...
Over the past few weeks I have tried out quite a few over-ear bluetooth headphones in a mad search for the ‘ultimate’ bluetooth headphone. I have tried the Bose QC35’s, V-Moda Crossfade Wireless...
This is a review of the Zorloo ZuperDAC DAC/amp combo. The Zorloo ZuperDAC was sendt to me for free from Zorloo in exchange for my honest review of it. I’d like to say THANK YOU to Zorloo for...
Not an audiophile, but here are my most notable impressions of these in ears: They're V-Shaped Natural, warm, accurate, true to life are not the words I'd use to describe these headphones....
Symphones Magnum upgrade for Grado SR325 and Alessandro MS2 - Page 143post #2131 of 23366/2/12 at 5:37am
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2132 of 23366/2/12 at 5:45amQuote:
I do not believe so, but you should contact Rhydon to find out.post #2133 of 23366/2/12 at 5:49amQuote:
Damn, having a replaceable cable would be half the reason I would go for it.post #2134 of 23366/2/12 at 5:53ampost #2135 of 23366/2/12 at 5:55amQuote:
i know that the 4.0 is the last release.better is very hard!!!post #2136 of 23366/2/12 at 6:10ampost #2137 of 23366/2/12 at 6:12ampost #2138 of 23366/2/12 at 6:51ampost #2139 of 23366/2/12 at 6:52ampost #2140 of 23366/2/12 at 6:54ampost #2141 of 23366/2/12 at 6:57am
We need a thread "How to convince your significant other that spending $300 on headphones or $400 upgrading $300 headphones makes sense." Any psychologists in the house?post #2142 of 23366/2/12 at 7:13am
Just sent a email to Rhydon and I'm praying real hard, lol.
That he will have left parts to transform my MS2i body into a Full Magnum... never saw this coming, I was expecting more operation time for Symphones, eventually a V5.0 driver or something, and not the end already!
Man I don't even have 400 dollars... but I've been interested and desirous to own a Full Magnum since driver V2 in past September. Hope I'm not too late!Quote:
MAN THAT WAS TWO WEEKS AGO.... HAHAHANONONONONO
Edited by devouringone3 - 6/2/12 at 7:27ampost #2143 of 23366/2/12 at 7:18am
If you do the full Magnum, be wary before you move the rods up and down. Rhydon's rod blocks, while substantially better made than Grados, are slightly wider. Grados are so narrow that the rod holder on the headband is frequently glued on not-so-straight. As a result, when you get the bigger rod blocks they can do some damage to the headband. So, before you use them just make sure that you check that and adjust the rod holders accordingly. It just means a little bit of pivoting that is not a big deal at all.post #2144 of 23366/2/12 at 7:26amQuote:Originally Posted by scootsit
If you do the full Magnum, be wary before you move the rods up and down. Rhydon's rod blocks, while substantially better made than Grados, are slightly wider. Grados are so narrow that the rod holder on the headband is frequently glued on not-so-straight. As a result, when you get the bigger rod blocks they can do some damage to the headband. So, before you use them just make sure that you check that and adjust the rod holders accordingly. It just means a little bit of pivoting that is not a big deal at all.
Thank you for the tip! I will watch out for this, if I manage to get one of the last pairs he will (ever?) make :/ :/ !
I remember reading you when you first posted about this issue also ;).
Rhydon's gimbals*, he uses stock Grado rodblocks. Gimbals are the gyroscopic rings that allow your cups to pivot and swivel/rotatepost #2145 of 23366/2/12 at 7:29am
Sorry, I may have used the wrong terminology. By rod blocks, I meant the very tiny little bit of plastic glued to the top of Grado gimbals. I have no clue what to call them. Rhydon's are aluminum and slightly larger. I should post some pictures, I went for the all black build and it looks amazing.
- Symphones Magnum upgrade for Grado SR325 and Alessandro MS2
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Focal Elear - Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › FiiO Q5, Flagship DAC/Amp, an Dual DAC, USB/Optical/Coaxial/Line... 1 minute ago
- › Laptop or Desktop? 2 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 3 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 vs XDuoo X3 (Recommend please) 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD518 HD558 HD598 Support Thread 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO K1--smaller and better for less 4 minutes ago
- › Help regarding dac/amp. Was considering HIFIME 9018D USB DAC 4 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV 6 minutes ago
- › Over Ear Headphone Shareme 4.1 Bluetooth Foldable Headsets with... by genclaymore
- › HiFiMAN Megamini by Brooko
- › AGPTek H01 HiFi MP3 Player with Volume Knob &2.4 Inch HD... by Peddler
- › V-MODA Crossfade Wireless Over-Ear Headphone - Rouge by Peddler
- › Zorloo ZuperDAC by peter123
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM In-Ear by Obery
- › FiiO X1-II High Resolution Lossless Music Player (2nd Generation)... by Delance26
- › thinksound On2 wood on-ear monitor headphone (natural black) by d8n0g
- › Bluedio T3 Plus (Turbine 3rd) Wireless Bluetooth 4.1 Stereo... by mark2410
- › Bluedio T3 (Turbine 3rd) Extra Bass Wireless Bluetooth 4.1 Stereo... by mark2410
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...