Will Symphones make a replaceable cabled version of the Magnum upgrade?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAlessandro MS2itagged by System, 7/6/10
- productGrado Head-Fi Series HF-2 Headphonestagged by System, 3/10/11
- productGrado hp 2tagged by System, 1/27/11
- productGrado SR325stagged by System, 7/6/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/12/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 7/21/10
- brandSymphonestagged by System, 12/17/11
- productSymphones Magnumstagged by System, 12/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- Grado modders go Magnum Last post on 5/20/15 at 11:21pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which of the metal grados is your fav? Last post on 10/5/11 at 3:21pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Worth tracking down Alessandro MS2i? Last post on 6/16/11 at 5:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgradin from SR-125i's to what? Last post on 4/25/11 at 8:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- which Grado? Last post on 5/28/11 at 10:44am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I got a sansa clip+ for my pair of custom iems. Really small, really portable, big nice clip to clip on something while training. Almost perfect sound, some audible noise (really really low, like...
overall nice headphones, with proper bass and sound and i am still burning it, rest of things i will discuss after complete burning process
I had to finally put my Shure 4ECs to rest and have been on the search for months to find a replacement. I like sub bass and a balanced sound and value build quality. My Shures were built tough...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
Brainwavz continues to step up their game. This time it's in the realm of Bluetooth! The BLU-100 is a budget-priced IEM that is very well-designed and offers very good sound for anyone that needs...
Symphones Magnum upgrade for Grado SR325 and Alessandro MS2 - Page 143post #2131 of 23366/2/12 at 5:37am
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2132 of 23366/2/12 at 5:45amQuote:
I do not believe so, but you should contact Rhydon to find out.post #2133 of 23366/2/12 at 5:49amQuote:
Damn, having a replaceable cable would be half the reason I would go for it.post #2134 of 23366/2/12 at 5:53ampost #2135 of 23366/2/12 at 5:55amQuote:
i know that the 4.0 is the last release.better is very hard!!!post #2136 of 23366/2/12 at 6:10ampost #2137 of 23366/2/12 at 6:12ampost #2138 of 23366/2/12 at 6:51ampost #2139 of 23366/2/12 at 6:52ampost #2140 of 23366/2/12 at 6:54ampost #2141 of 23366/2/12 at 6:57am
We need a thread "How to convince your significant other that spending $300 on headphones or $400 upgrading $300 headphones makes sense." Any psychologists in the house?post #2142 of 23366/2/12 at 7:13am
Just sent a email to Rhydon and I'm praying real hard, lol.
That he will have left parts to transform my MS2i body into a Full Magnum... never saw this coming, I was expecting more operation time for Symphones, eventually a V5.0 driver or something, and not the end already!
Man I don't even have 400 dollars... but I've been interested and desirous to own a Full Magnum since driver V2 in past September. Hope I'm not too late!Quote:
MAN THAT WAS TWO WEEKS AGO.... HAHAHANONONONONO
Edited by devouringone3 - 6/2/12 at 7:27ampost #2143 of 23366/2/12 at 7:18am
If you do the full Magnum, be wary before you move the rods up and down. Rhydon's rod blocks, while substantially better made than Grados, are slightly wider. Grados are so narrow that the rod holder on the headband is frequently glued on not-so-straight. As a result, when you get the bigger rod blocks they can do some damage to the headband. So, before you use them just make sure that you check that and adjust the rod holders accordingly. It just means a little bit of pivoting that is not a big deal at all.post #2144 of 23366/2/12 at 7:26amQuote:Originally Posted by scootsit
If you do the full Magnum, be wary before you move the rods up and down. Rhydon's rod blocks, while substantially better made than Grados, are slightly wider. Grados are so narrow that the rod holder on the headband is frequently glued on not-so-straight. As a result, when you get the bigger rod blocks they can do some damage to the headband. So, before you use them just make sure that you check that and adjust the rod holders accordingly. It just means a little bit of pivoting that is not a big deal at all.
Thank you for the tip! I will watch out for this, if I manage to get one of the last pairs he will (ever?) make :/ :/ !
I remember reading you when you first posted about this issue also ;).
Rhydon's gimbals*, he uses stock Grado rodblocks. Gimbals are the gyroscopic rings that allow your cups to pivot and swivel/rotatepost #2145 of 23366/2/12 at 7:29am
Sorry, I may have used the wrong terminology. By rod blocks, I meant the very tiny little bit of plastic glued to the top of Grado gimbals. I have no clue what to call them. Rhydon's are aluminum and slightly larger. I should post some pictures, I went for the all black build and it looks amazing.
- Symphones Magnum upgrade for Grado SR325 and Alessandro MS2
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Trio 23 seconds ago
- › AKG K7xx vs Hifiman He400i 32 seconds ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 1 minute ago
- › The Fiio X5 Thread 1 minute ago
- › what is the best portable music player to have? 1 minute ago
- › "The Lab" 2 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Best Studio Headphones 3 minutes ago
- › The Accudio app by golden ears, a headphone revolution. 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless! 3 minutes ago
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 8 GB MP3 Player (Black) by ardacer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by sagar khichi
- › RHA MA750i by Onthecoast
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by YoYo JoKeR
- › Brainwavz BLU-100 Bluetooth IEMs by JoeDoe
- › Edifier Hi-Fi Stereo Headphone (H180 Black) by sharonbava
- › Ultimate Ears 200vi Noise-Isolating Headset, Blue by dkshifat
- › T-Peos Altone 150 in-ear monitor with detachable cables, mic and... by Hisoundfi
- › Beyerdynamic EDT 250 Velour Padded Earcushions for DT250, DT280,... by Trevayne10
- › Xiaomi Pistion III Youth Edition by julian67
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2