- 596 Posts. Joined 12/2007
- Location: Joliet Il
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Rank all your Headphones - Mini Review Thread Last post on 8/20/12 at 10:25am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for over-ear headphones. Any advice? Last post on 9/27/12 at 12:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- The Ugly Headphone Duckling Last post on 11/12/16 at 8:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Audiophile isolating over-ear headphones? Last post on 10/26/12 at 6:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- Senn HD650 or HD600? Last post on 10/16/13 at 3:22am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Brainwavz Intro ABOUT US Brainwavz provides high-end earphones specifically designed for high-quality sound and tailor-made to provide the user with a solution that can be used across a wide range...
Lindemann musicbook:10 DSD A Serious Common Denominator | PREVIOUS REVIEW | REVIEW INDEX | NEXT REVIEW | INTRODUCTION Angles of Approach There’s always been a certain connotation...
http://www.fidue.com/content/view?brand=fidue_en&item=81&core=news Fidue have been active for some years now and they seem to have release great quality products / earphones. Personally,...
Beyerdynamic has been a tried and true brand for me over the years. In fact, their T70p was my first ever headphone I purchased over $200 (how the times have changed). Their quality and...
I am really disappointed with these cans. I have a Koss Porta Pro and I was waiting at least a closer quality compared to this. My AKG K420 sounds much better, with much more detail. These cans are...
Skullcandy is funny. - Page 7post #91 of 1051/11/10 at 3:05pmOh my! That's far too much pleather!
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #92 of 1051/11/10 at 3:33pmThey look like they have good sound isolation, if nothing else. As usual though, pop culture brands like these tend to overprice themselves. Not that Sennheiser and other brands aren't utilizing their brand name either, but at least with them you know you've got something built to last.post #93 of 1051/11/10 at 4:03pmpost #94 of 1051/11/10 at 4:40pmThis is what I don't understand about these headphones. They look fake, the craftsmanship looks old and falling appart, and its not skullcandys style, they always go for the style before sound. Which is why they are popular..
These things are mammoths and look horrible, not what skullcandy is..
I guess they are not fake but seriously.. really if they are going for $150 and they have compareable sound to high end headphones, why not..?
The Aviator headphones that have been seen at CES, look very very boring.post #95 of 1051/11/10 at 6:57pmI was going to say that they look like some vintage pioneer, but MrGreen beat me.
Any way these SC headphones are very interesting.
Is anyone willing to bite the bullet and give us a review when they becomre available?post #96 of 1051/11/10 at 7:07pmpost #97 of 1051/11/10 at 7:08pmpost #98 of 1051/11/10 at 8:50pmpost #99 of 1051/11/10 at 9:51pmVery old school Pioneer like headphones indeed. If they are good they still won't be worth my money. For 150 dollars I can buy two MDR V6-es or a DT250 or at least two good headphone amplifiers. I won't continue my list of possiblities for threads on Skull Candies tend to become silly on Head-Fi. If I want silly Monty Python is still the best for me, not some weird Guinness Book of Records styled full size headphones which look like Pioneer copies.post #100 of 1051/11/10 at 9:54pmQuote:Very old school Pioneer like headphones indeed. If they are good they still won't be worth my money. For 150 dollars I can buy two MDR V6-es or a DT250 or at least two good headphone amplifiers. I won't continue my list of possiblities for threads on Skull Candies tend to become silly on Head-Fi. If I want silly Monty Python is still the best for me, not some weird Guinness Book of Records styled full size headphones which look like Pioneer copies.post #101 of 1051/17/11 at 11:12ampost #102 of 1051/17/11 at 11:38amQuote:Originally Posted by LandisQuote:Seriously, this is looking more like a lynching than a discussion. Elitism is one thing, this is just ignorance. The responsible head-fi'er judges with his ears. How many of you have heard the headphone in question? If there was one, I would be in shock.
If Skullcandy suddenly consumed a headphone competitor or even just brought on new sound engineers to reinvent their technology, then that might make this release notable, but that's not the case here.
Sherwood, I believe Panasonic also had a similar model with deep cups and individual volume controls for each driver.
Hey, I have a Dynex
But for $200, it was a 24" tv, and thats enough to make me happy in my dorm. I completely understand the comparison though.
Same goes for skullcandy, honestly, I wouldn't be buying another headphone if my skullcandy lowrider's were anywhere near comfortable, I'd stick with them for portable and my Grado's for home-use. Their stuff is decent(ish) compaired to the rest of the consumer market. Yes it's distorted a bit, yes it's flashy, but it's 10x better than ibuds. Are there better things to spend $150 on as far as headphones? Does that mean we need to constantly hate on them? no. In the end, its all just stuff. stuff that doesn't matter in the end. Stuff that we prefer over other stuff because we like the way it plays music (both an art and a consumer product) into our ears. If they like their stuff, they can have their stuff too.
As far as dual- cones goes, the Phiaton PS320 has a woofer and tweeter in each ear as well.
Besides, now you Dennon fan's won't be the only ones walking around in public with monkey earspost #103 of 1052/2/14 at 11:16pmpost #104 of 10511/7/16 at 5:54pmpost #105 of 10511/7/16 at 5:55pmQuote:
Yeah, looks like they gave up on them before release. They probably realized that it likely wouldn't sell well.
- Skullcandy is funny.
- Headphone Impedance
- › NEW! SONY NW-A30 SERIES 56 seconds ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 3 minutes ago
- › On a mission to like jazz 4 minutes ago
- › FS: Campfire Audio Vega 4 minutes ago
- › Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons) 5 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 5 minutes ago
- › Alternative Rock (Shoegaze, Grunge, Brit-pop, Dream Pop, Indie... 8 minutes ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 9 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by Wokei
- › Lindemann musicbook:10 DSD by thatonenoob
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by DynamikeB
- › Beyerdynamic T5p by Army-Firedawg
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by Johannus
- › LZ-A4 by peter123
- › Etymotic ER4XR by leaky74
- › Etymotic ER4SR by leaky74
- › Effect Audio - Thor Silver II by sonickarma
- › Meze 12 Classics by OSiRiSsk
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear