or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Skullcandy is funny.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Skullcandy is funny. - Page 5

post #61 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landis View Post
There's nothing wrong with enjoying certain sound signatures, but at the same time, there are products that offer superior performance in every area in the same or lower price range as Skull Candy, Bose or Monster, which leads responsible Head-Fi members to try to deter folks from buying over priced low-fi performing headphones and instead something that gives them an excellent budget buy.

If you come to a forum that was made to specifically discuss hi-fi headphones, then you can only expect that such things would take place. Before you judge other people for their mockery of lesser products posing as high-end products, please read into what this forum was created for.
Seriously, this is looking more like a lynching than a discussion. Elitism is one thing, this is just ignorance. The responsible head-fi'er judges with his ears. How many of you have heard the headphone in question? If there was one, I would be in shock.
post #62 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott_Tarlow View Post
Seriously, this is looking more like a lynching than a discussion. Elitism is one thing, this is just ignorance. The responsible head-fi'er judges with his ears. How many of you have heard the headphone in question? If there was one, I would be in shock.
Uh, Skullcandy already has a history of sprewing out nothing but crappy sounding, ugly designed headphones with some of the worst built quality ever. So yes, we should judge by our ears and yes there's always a chance that Skullcandy will surprise us with something that's really good, but I think you are the one being ignorant if you think that we actually need to hear the headphone to be able to guess what it will be like.
post #63 of 105
Unfortunately, I am here to deliver the message from the high council...



You have all failed (except Boomana, of course).



5 pages of bickering, and no one pointed out that these are clearly a ripoff of the venerable Koss 4AA? Right down to the terrible curly cord! Just look at them!


Kids these days. You just can't teach 'em anything.
post #64 of 105
lots of elitists in this thread? does it make you feel good knowing what you've got definitely has to be better than everything? if they like it so be it, who cares about skullcandy
post #65 of 105
They look like musicians headphones. That tone control would be handy coupled with a amp (guitar)
post #66 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott_Tarlow View Post
Seriously, this is looking more like a lynching than a discussion. Elitism is one thing, this is just ignorance. The responsible head-fi'er judges with his ears. How many of you have heard the headphone in question? If there was one, I would be in shock.
Feel free to purchase a pair and share your opinion of them, but Skullcandy makes low grade products and I can't say I have any respect for a company that writes "These little cholos pack a thumpin' bass" on their product boxes. The company I work for owns a manufacturing company named Dynex and the products that they make are known for being very basic. When they pump out a new model of television, it is expected that it will be low grade compared to competitors and you would be laughed out of a videophile forum for mention that brand; this is the same with Skullcandy here. Model after model, more and more low-fi headphones that boast superior quality.

If Skullcandy suddenly consumed a headphone competitor or even just brought on new sound engineers to reinvent their technology, then that might make this release notable, but that's not the case here.

Sherwood, I believe Panasonic also had a similar model with deep cups and individual volume controls for each driver.
post #67 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by KONAKONA View Post
Why are people defending skullcandy again? I think they made their way to the wrong forum.
Had you bothered to read, I did not "defend" them. I don't think there is a need to defend a headphone that has not been released yet - what I did was provide a link that gave an answer to a question in the thread ("how many knobs on the phones and what do these do" and doused an ignorant mudthrower - and he was thowing mud at all of us, not Skullcandy.

I find thrashing an unreleased phone just because it comes from a certain company extremely immature. Maybe they won't amount to anything and just repeat their past performane. Maybe these are actually good phones - we will know either way when these are available.
post #68 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajjekko View Post
lots of elitists in this thread? does it make you feel good knowing what you've got definitely has to be better than everything? if they like it so be it, who cares about skullcandy
I care about SC because I get angry when ppl buy ****ty audio equipment!
post #69 of 105
god this skull candy bashing's really annoying now.. beating rotting horses sucks.. let those who buy SC, Bose, or who ever to enjoy their purchase nothing's worse then the i really like these and then get a they are utter garbage back.
post #70 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
Unfortunately, I am here to deliver the message from the high council...



You have all failed (except Boomana, of course).



5 pages of bickering, and no one pointed out that these are clearly a ripoff of the venerable Koss 4AA? Right down to the terrible curly cord! Just look at them!


Kids these days. You just can't teach 'em anything.
Gotta love the Pro4AA's ^_^. My first real "cans" talk about an indestructable phone, they also double as a murder weapon! I also dare say the most uncomfertable headphone ever devised lol. George Martin sure liked em though.
post #71 of 105
I think my generation missed the Skullcandy thing altogether, thankfully. I was using a Koss headphone of some sort in high school (broke - I could probably get it fixed with that lifetime warranty if I ever found it).

The kids' choice of headphones doesn't bother me. What does is that they do this thing where one kid has the left bud and a different kid has the right. I feel the urge to remind them that modern recordings are in stereo, but I never do.
post #72 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloop View Post

What does is that they do this thing where one kid has the left bud and a different kid has the right. I feel the urge to remind them that modern recordings are in stereo, but I never do.
post #73 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by zotjen View Post


One of the knobs on the cup is a tone control. I'm wondering what the other one is but I bet the Skullcandy fanboyz will think it's cool to have knobs on their cups.
Ohh so it's an electric guitar then? O.o
post #74 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by thechungster View Post
Ohh so it's an electric guitar then? O.o
I'll bet the tone one is just the amount of bass and the other is volume.
post #75 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloop View Post
The kids' choice of headphones doesn't bother me. What does is that they do this thing where one kid has the left bud and a different kid has the right. I feel the urge to remind them that modern recordings are in stereo, but I never do.
Oh God, that's the worst...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Skullcandy is funny.