Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › SRH840 impression
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

SRH840 impression - Page 4

post #46 of 2111
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by StereoX7521 View Post
Hmm, So they're easily driven you say? How long is the cord? 3-4ft or a standard studio 9ft+?
Indeed.. You can read the specs two pages back
post #47 of 2111
Quinto

I think you need to turn this into a Shure SRH840 appreciation thread. As one after another are starting to get these headphones.

Ven
post #48 of 2111
Quote:
Originally Posted by keit View Post
I got mine today too, so I can answer some of the comfort questions.

The clamping is somewhat hard, but it's not like it hurts you or anything, it's harder then my DT770 Pro for sure, but my DT's have been worn for more then one day so maybe the Shures will loosen up.

The fit on the pads is good, but the space inside the pads is less then my DT770 and my old Senn HD595. This coupled with the clamping makes a uncomfortable pressure on my ear. If you compare it with the DT770's the outer edges of my ears doesn't even touch the driver, but on the Shure's they do, which causes the pressure.

The earpads themselves are extremely soft and comfortable, a lot better then the velour pads on the DT770's. I hope the clamping loosens up a bit, and im sure it will since I've experienced them getting a bit more comfortable during the 10 hours that I've owned them.
Thanks keit. Now I can delete these from my wishlist. I have Jumbo ears
post #49 of 2111
I hope bestbuy picks these up quickly, them and apple are the only two retailers of Shure in my area.
post #50 of 2111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightsout565 View Post
I hope bestbuy picks these up quickly, them and apple are the only two retailers of Shure in my area.
Hmm... that does lead to an interesting question: What retailers will pick these new models up? Another possibility are music stores that sell recording equipment since the SRH 'phones are being marketed as monitors.

Looking forward to further impressions, people! Come on! More early adopters!
post #51 of 2111
Just got mine in, was very excited - wasn't expecting them to get delivered until tomorrow. Right out of the box it is clear that these are very good headphones, but I'll hold off on more detailed impressions until I've given them a few days to burn in.
post #52 of 2111
I've bought these from these people: Rock & Soul. Looks like a good place with experienced people.
post #53 of 2111
Anyone got SR440 to compare to this?
post #54 of 2111
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkvedam View Post
I've bought these from these people: Rock & Soul. Looks like a good place with experienced people.
Did they have any at the store? My friends in NYC the next two weeks so he might be able to pick them up for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
Anyone got SR440 to compare to this?
As far as the build, it looks like the 840's have a bigger head band at the top. Also, the 840's come with two sets of ear pads. The Shure Rep in the forum said that the 840's material for the ear pads is a higher quality than the 440's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjay1977 View Post
(And yes they all use different ear pads. Jude alluded to the fact that you can interchange the 440 and 840 pads which is true, and the 840 ear pads are somewhat of an upgrade as they use a softer material and more form fitting foam. However, out of the box the 440s come with slightly different ear pads.)
Any Pics of the 840's fully collapsed in the Case Quinto?
post #55 of 2111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightsout565 View Post
Did they have any at the store? My friends in NYC the next two weeks so he might be able to pick them up for me.
Yes they have and I think they've got only one in stock as of now.
post #56 of 2111
oh boy, wish me luck.
post #57 of 2111
Quote:
Originally Posted by paddo View Post
wait, what? They got rid of the coiled cable? Or am i thinking of a different headphone?
I'm not sure if they changed anything for final production, but I assume it's still coiled. If you look at the pictures in the leak thread you can see where the coiled part of the cable is, which is a part of the cable not photographed by Quinto in this thread.

Can someone with these confirm that the cable is still coiled at a certain segment and not straight all the way through?
post #58 of 2111
Quinto or anyone: can anyone compare the SRH840 to the K701 in terms of SQ because I am stumped between the two.
post #59 of 2111
Aman have both, I think he can answer you. But I think akg should destroy shure mostly in separation and in space.
post #60 of 2111
I offered 150 to one of the ebay sellers and he responded with 159 so if anybody is interested i would jump on that.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › SRH840 impression