Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › SRH840 impression
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

SRH840 impression - Page 2

post #16 of 2104
Quinto, are they comfortable for long term listening? Do they feel heavy on the head?
post #17 of 2104
Nice to hear good reports. Damn, Shure USA still not sent mine from the Canjam raffle
post #18 of 2104
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1UP View Post
Nice to hear good reports. Damn, Shure USA still not sent mine from the Canjam raffle
Well that's a shame. I guess they will be shipping yours out when they ship the rest of them out to retailers.

I certainly am keeping an eye on this 'phone. Sounds like it might be a good fit for me. [keeping fingers crossed]
post #19 of 2104
Quote:
Originally Posted by sampson_smith View Post
Yeah! Headphone Solutions seems like the way to go as they offer free shipping (albeit without insurance--should I be worried?). They are pre-ordering at $199.99. Does anyone know of any cheaper vendor of the SRH-840's?
An older post in the other 840 thread mentioned full compass systems had them for a $150 or so price, but not sure if it was some pre-order price or a special one-off thing. Their website states they don't ship overseas though. I would go with earphonesolutions since they are familiar with shipping to Canada; I highly value an e-tailer that ships over here using USPS. Most others use UPS or FedEX which I don't encourage to use (retarded brokerage cost), especially not the former. As far as the insurance, I've never had an item get lost so far, and I've had packages come to me almost every month in the 1st year I moved up to Canada.
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrior05 View Post
I certainly am keeping an eye on this 'phone. Sounds like it might be a good fit for me. [keeping fingers crossed]
Do let us know your impressions when you get them . I've been mulling on my next closed headphone purchase and these seem interesting tom e as well. I've enjoyed your reviews way back from the 'docs' to the Q40.
post #20 of 2104
Quote:
Originally Posted by brn80 View Post
I highly value an e-tailer that ships over here using USPS. Most others use UPS or FedEX which I don't encourage to use (retarded brokerage cost), especially not the former. As far as the insurance, I've never had an item get lost so far, and I've had packages come to me almost every month in the 1st year I moved up to Canada.
Good to know that they go the USPS route. My thoughts exactly about UPS. They always stick you with a big brokerage fee, and then there is the obligatory duty on top of that. Best avoided! Also glad to hear that they are trustworthy/effective at shipping to Canada. Nova Scotia from Florida, huh? Gotta love that crisp Canadian weather. (My fiance's from Truro, NS. All kidding aside, a very beautiful province, especially Peggy's Cove and Cape Breton Island.)
post #21 of 2104
Hopefully my store will get them! I have my co-workers keeping me on call for when/if we get them in!

Thank you for your impressions and I'll hopefully have a chance to add my input when they reach Canada.
post #22 of 2104
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
Quinto, are they comfortable for long term listening? Do they feel heavy on the head?
For me they are quite comfortable, not to heavy. They tend to get a little hot after a while, but these are closed cans after all..
post #23 of 2104
Thread Starter 
So about 70 hours later I am suprised how I can love a closed Can...

It sure opened up and does remind me of my SE530, the bass finally starting to tighten up and is developping a great definition which I hope will develop even more over time, mids are good, very clear and crisp,treble is superb, tons of detail, very clear..

The overall balance of this headphone is excellent IMO, I couldn't be more happy

Way other league then the D2000 if you ask me.

Did I say the detail of Shure is stunning!!
post #24 of 2104
Hi Quinto
Could you please care to share the tech specs?
Couldn't find them anywhere.
Cheers
post #25 of 2104
Im looking for a new pair of closed phones Damn this! 780's again or these.... hmmmm Or even maybe a pair of 750's.
post #26 of 2104
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkvedam View Post
Hi Quinto
Could you please care to share the tech specs?
Couldn't find them anywhere.
Cheers
Shure

Tranducer type Dynamic,Neodymium Magnet
Driver size 40 mm
Sensitivity (1 kHz) 102 dB/mW
Nominal impedance (1 kHz) 44 Ohm
Max. input power (1 kHz) 1000 mW
Frequency Range 5 Hz - 25kHz
Net weight (without cable) 318 g
Cable 3 m single-sided, detachable coiled cable
Plug Gold-plated 3,5 mm stereo mini plug
with adapter to 6,3 mm
post #27 of 2104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morph View Post
You've got a very nice headphone stand
What I noticed as well.

Thanks for your impressions Quinto. Can you please tell how they sound unamped or straight out of a DAP, and if there are any huge issues with either. I'm expecting that it won't work out very well, but I'm still curious.

Thanks again.
post #28 of 2104
Need a review of these vs ESW9's.
post #29 of 2104
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aslan123 View Post
What I noticed as well.

Thanks for your impressions Quinto. Can you please tell how they sound unamped or straight out of a DAP, and if there are any huge issues with either. I'm expecting that it won't work out very well, but I'm still curious.

Thanks again.
FLAC-files, straight out my iaudio7 sounds good and loud enough to blow your drums.. These phones are very detailed though, so source and amp can make a significant difference..

Did I mention, it is really a very very good closed headphone!!
post #30 of 2104
BH Photo video have them for 160$, but they have them asi special order.
Shure | SRH840 PRO MONITORING HEADPHONES | SRH840 | B&H Photo
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › SRH840 impression