or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Shootout: 114 Portable Headphones Reviewed (Xiaomi Mi Headphones added 04/21/2015)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Shootout: 114 Portable Headphones Reviewed (Xiaomi Mi Headphones added 04/21/2015) - Page 214

post #3196 of 4545

For me, the biggest issue with the Porta Pro's is volume. They are not nearly as loud as my TF10's. They can also clip and distort trying to get some louder volume out of them, I do enjoy listening to them quite a bit, I just which they could go a bit louder.

post #3197 of 4545
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xinn3r View Post

Joker, my HD25-I II seems to come with a straight I-Plug instead of a L-Plug... is it possible that this is a fake? Or some country just use I-Plugs instead?

Because the jack itself is very beefy and has the screw-able 1.4" adapter

 

I've never head of fake HD25s. My unit is about 3 years old now so if they've switched to I-plugs I wouldn't know. I think the Amperior uses an I-plug but I'm not sure.

post #3198 of 4545

At least in Europe Sennheiser is selling several variants of the HD25: at least one with a straight cable and an L-shaped plug (HD-25-1 II) and one with a coiled cable with a straight plug (HD-25 C II), maybe even more. I do not know of a variant with coiled cable + L-Plug or straight cable + I-Plug however.

post #3199 of 4545
Quote:
Originally Posted by plakat View Post

At least in Europe Sennheiser is selling several variants of the HD25: at least one with a straight cable and an L-shaped plug (HD-25-1 II) and one with a coiled cable with a straight plug (HD-25 C II), maybe even more. I do not know of a variant with coiled cable + L-Plug or straight cable + I-Plug however.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljokerl View Post

 

I've never head of fake HD25s. My unit is about 3 years old now so if they've switched to I-plugs I wouldn't know. I think the Amperior uses an I-plug but I'm not sure.

 

Thanks for all the response...

I just found out that the one I bought is the HD25 II, not HD25-1 II

Mine has the 2 meter long I-Plug cable...

 

I assume the drivers are the same...

 

Anyway, I refunded them, I got a loose left-cable.... I unplugged and replugged them, but everytime I moved a little the sound was cut-off

post #3200 of 4545
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watagump View Post

For me, the biggest issue with the Porta Pro's is volume. They are not nearly as loud as my TF10's. They can also clip and distort trying to get some louder volume out of them, I do enjoy listening to them quite a bit, I just which they could go a bit louder.

Have you tried amping them? Remember the PP's are open so lack of isolation could make it seem to you like they're not loud at all. 

post #3201 of 4545
Hey what would you recommend between these 4: Beyerdynamic DT1350, Sennheiser HD25-1 II, ATH-M50 and the V-Moda M80/V80 in terms of rock music but also some typical dance/pop music?
These are some songs that capture what I listen to mostly with The Rolling Stones being my most played band.
 
-Florence and the machine (unplugged) - Only if for a night
-The rolling stones - The last time 
-The wombats - Jump into the fog
-Rihanna - Who's that chick
-Kasabian - Days are forgotten
-Fever ray - When I grow up
 
I don't think I have the chance to listen to all these headphones so I am asking about your opinions :). 
I am looking for a headphone that I can listen to without disturbing other people but I also want to come home and
plug in my headphone and enjoy realistic gaming sounds.
 
Thanks!
post #3202 of 4545
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niurez View Post

Hey what would you recommend between these 4: Beyerdynamic DT1350, Sennheiser HD25-1 II, ATH-M50 and the V-Moda M80/V80 in terms of rock music but also some typical dance/pop music?
These are some songs that capture what I listen to mostly with The Rolling Stones being my most played band.
 
-Florence and the machine (unplugged) - Only if for a night
-The rolling stones - The last time 
-The wombats - Jump into the fog
-Rihanna - Who's that chick
-Kasabian - Days are forgotten
-Fever ray - When I grow up
 
I don't think I have the chance to listen to all these headphones so I am asking about your opinions :). 
I am looking for a headphone that I can listen to without disturbing other people but I also want to come home and
plug in my headphone and enjoy realistic gaming sounds.
 
Thanks!


I love Florence and the Machine on my M-80s. Way more than any other headphone (although I have not heard the DT1350) because of the more open soundstage in comparison to something like the HD25. Just my 0.02.

post #3203 of 4545
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niurez View Post

Hey what would you recommend between these 4: Beyerdynamic DT1350, Sennheiser HD25-1 II, ATH-M50 and the V-Moda M80/V80 in terms of rock music but also some typical dance/pop music?
These are some songs that capture what I listen to mostly with The Rolling Stones being my most played band.
 
-Florence and the machine (unplugged) - Only if for a night
-The rolling stones - The last time 
-The wombats - Jump into the fog
-Rihanna - Who's that chick
-Kasabian - Days are forgotten
-Fever ray - When I grow up
 
I don't think I have the chance to listen to all these headphones so I am asking about your opinions :). 
I am looking for a headphone that I can listen to without disturbing other people but I also want to come home and
plug in my headphone and enjoy realistic gaming sounds.
 
Thanks!

 

I would go for the HD25-1 or M-80. For gaming the V-Modas are likely more suitable but I don't think you can be disappointed with either for your music tastes.

post #3204 of 4545

Hey, chance you'll review the Pioner HDJ500 or any of that series? Thanks :)

post #3205 of 4545

Hi Joker,

What's a good timbre portables?

My budget's around 100$....

post #3206 of 4545
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xinn3r View Post

Hi Joker,

What's a good timbre portables?

My budget's around 100$....


I recently got a pair of Creative Aurvana Live! headphones. They don't fold, so they're not truly portable. I gave them a listen when I gave them to her and they sound great!

 

Also, I have a pair of KSC75s, I removed the piece of plastic on the front and replaced it with a piece of window screen, it lets a lot more sound through with less coloration. I know they're cheap as can be, but they really are no slouch. If you haven't tried them, you might want to because I have found that for a true portable, where there's tons of noise and I'm not really doing analytical listening, they're pretty much fine for my needs. Replacing the plastic on the front with screen is very easy and well worth it.


Edited by scootsit - 6/12/12 at 7:27am
post #3207 of 4545
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orel View Post

Hey, chance you'll review the Pioner HDJ500 or any of that series? Thanks :)

 

No such plans at this time

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xinn3r View Post

Hi Joker,

What's a good timbre portables?

My budget's around 100$....

 

How portable do you need them to be? HTF-600 and CAL!s come to mind but they aren't too portable. Much more portable than that and just out of budget would be a Fischer Oldskool 33 1/3 

post #3208 of 4545
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljokerl View Post

 

No such plans at this time

 

 

How portable do you need them to be? HTF-600 and CAL!s come to mind but they aren't too portable. Much more portable than that and just out of budget would be a Fischer Oldskool 33 1/3 

 

Isolating enough to use in public.. and not too big... preferably supra-aurals...I'm Asian, and most circumaurals will just make me look silly....

 

If my budget was higher, I would've bought the DH25 or DT1350... so perhaps you can suggest something around those in size?

post #3209 of 4545
Funny I always think all headphones no matter what size look great on Asians. Just my opinion smily_headphones1.gif. Have you thought about stretching your budget for the M-80?
Edited by roma101 - 6/12/12 at 7:43pm
post #3210 of 4545

Hey Joker,

First of all your reviews and the time you spend doing these are the BEEST!! Love yah woork!

I wanted to ask you if it was possible that you do a review on a rapper can Soul by Ludacris (especially the Soul by Ludacris SL150). These have caught my interest as lots of new rapper cans are coming out (celebrity endorsed) and I was wondering if they were any better than the Beats by Dr. Dre since those have gained a lot of tough criticism haha. That would be awesome if you could.

Oooh and uuuh sorry if this question has already been asked and you've already answered it, I must have missed it. Thank you heaps!!!


Edited by TVisz - 6/13/12 at 1:02am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Shootout: 114 Portable Headphones Reviewed (Xiaomi Mi Headphones added 04/21/2015)