or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Shootout: 114 Portable Headphones Reviewed (Xiaomi Mi Headphones added 04/21/2015)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Shootout: 114 Portable Headphones Reviewed (Xiaomi Mi Headphones added 04/21/2015) - Page 171

post #2551 of 4545

.

post #2552 of 4545

thank you very much for writing these reviews and comparisons.

 

I am currently looking for closed and easily driven headphones to use with my iphone. i am looking for a warm and bassy sound. they should be forgiving because a lot of my mp3s are of bad quality.

 

i bought the denon 1100 but i am not entirely satisfied. the highs are often too harsh when listening to mp3s. i know that is not the denon's fault because my marantz test-cd sounds beautiful with these headphones.

 

can you suggest me an alternative to the denon 1100 that is more forgiving especially in regard of the highs. the highs become fatiguing after a while when using bad source material?

post #2553 of 4545
Thread Starter 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipumuk View Post

thank you very much for writing these reviews and comparisons.

 

I am currently looking for closed and easily driven headphones to use with my iphone. i am looking for a warm and bassy sound. they should be forgiving because a lot of my mp3s are of bad quality.

 

i bought the denon 1100 but i am not entirely satisfied. the highs are often too harsh when listening to mp3s. i know that is not the denon's fault because my marantz test-cd sounds beautiful with these headphones.

 

can you suggest me an alternative to the denon 1100 that is more forgiving especially in regard of the highs. the highs become fatiguing after a while when using bad source material?


I haven't heard a whole lot of higher-end bass-heavy sets that are also smooth/not edgy. Sony's XB series comes to mind - very forgiving headphones. 

 

post #2554 of 4545

Hi Joker,

 

It's probably been said throughout the thread but what kind of equipment do you test the headphones with? Aka mp3 player, external dacs/amps etc.

 

Cheers

post #2555 of 4545

any plans from anyone to send Joker the upcoming Fidelio L1 from pillips? it is only $300 and looks portable tongue_smile.gif

post #2556 of 4545
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubar View Post

Hi Joker,

 

It's probably been said throughout the thread but what kind of equipment do you test the headphones with? Aka mp3 player, external dacs/amps etc.

 

Cheers


its in his sig, and i also know he uses a mini3 high performance too sometimes 

 

Home: Audigy4Pro > Zero DAC > Heed CanAmp (modded) > K601 / K701 / Pro 650 / HD580
Transportable: iBasso D10 > HD25-1  |  Portable: J3 > 1964-T / UM Miracle / CT200 / CK10

post #2557 of 4545
Thread Starter 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shubar View Post

Hi Joker,

 

It's probably been said throughout the thread but what kind of equipment do you test the headphones with? Aka mp3 player, external dacs/amps etc.

 

Cheers


Quote:

Originally Posted by JamesMcProgger View Post


its in his sig, and i also know he uses a mini3 high performance too sometimes 



Thanks, it's also on the front page of the thread, below the table of contents.

 

The Fidelio looks great and I was a fan of the old Philips HP1000. Certainly an interesting pair.

post #2558 of 4545

WOW! What a fantastic thread. Bookmarked and eager to read more. Thank you so much for your efforts!

post #2559 of 4545
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by activebass View Post

WOW! What a fantastic thread. Bookmarked and eager to read more. Thank you so much for your efforts!


Thanks, glad the thread has been useful.

 

post #2560 of 4545

Hey joker, you going to review the FOTM Panasonics HTF600? Would like to see how it stacks up against your collection of budget killers.

 

Oh, and just a head's up; maybe you could try the Superlux HD681F? The soundstaging on these cans are nothing short of amazing.

post #2561 of 4545
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by crinacle View Post

Hey joker, you going to review the FOTM Panasonics HTF600? Would like to see how it stacks up against your collection of budget killers.

 

Oh, and just a head's up; maybe you could try the Superlux HD681F? The soundstaging on these cans are nothing short of amazing.


Thanks for the suggestions. I think I'm all queued up for the time being, though. There are 5 mid-high end headphones I've been meaning to review but haven't had the time and at least that many more from the <$100 realm.

 

post #2562 of 4545

Hi,

I'm new. I would like to thank Joker for recommending the CAL. 

here is my review: 

 

Photo on 2011-11-08 at 12.50.jpg

 

post #2563 of 4545

 

That was a really terrific review.

 

Btw you're hot.

 

post #2564 of 4545
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiteki View Post

 

That was a really terrific review.

 

Btw you're hot.

 



And the post of the year award goes to

post #2565 of 4545

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPuppy View Post



And the post of the year award goes to



Joker?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Shootout: 114 Portable Headphones Reviewed (Xiaomi Mi Headphones added 04/21/2015)