or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Shootout: 114 Portable Headphones Reviewed (Xiaomi Mi Headphones added 04/21/2015)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Shootout: 114 Portable Headphones Reviewed (Xiaomi Mi Headphones added 04/21/2015) - Page 14

post #196 of 4545
Joker here likes the K-81, but the DN-HP500 are superior...
post #197 of 4545
Does this nice comparo thread have to become a Denon appreciation thread?
post #198 of 4545
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seidhepriest View Post
Joker here likes the K-81, but the DN-HP500 are superior...
Yeah everyone has their own opinion, headphones sound different to different ears.
post #199 of 4545
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seidhepriest View Post
They're not, CAL=Denon AH-D1001.

DN-HP500 are smaller, supra-aural.
I know, but looking at the pics the cup construction looks very very similar.

Also the drivers are the same size, have the same sensitivity, max input power. Impedance is a bit higher, but that might be due to the (completely?) closed construction.
post #200 of 4545
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seidhepriest View Post
Joker here likes the K-81, but the DN-HP500 are superior...
That's a debatable point. The P372 is a good headphone, no doubt. But I had all three side by side - P372, K81, and K181, and found myself reaching for the K81 every time I had to go out and the K181 when listening at home every time despite you saying that the P372 is superior as well. The P372 just sat there gathering dust. To me there's just something about the AKG midrange and the way they handle stringed instruments that puts them a head above the Denons. Denons have tighter bass, yes. But I'm okay with the excessive bass as long as the rest of the range is lush and natural. I'll pick up one of the Denon DJs if I have a chance but there are a few other cans on my plate ahead of them.

@ ductrung3993: Yes, the KSC35 are interesting to me as well. I've just barely missed the last two pairs sold on ebay .
post #201 of 4545
Quick Question about the ES7: do you think theyre decent for a person with a (fairly) big head? Using the HD228s right now full extended and they fit nice
post #202 of 4545
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by slntdth93 View Post
Quick Question about the ES7: do you think theyre decent for a person with a (fairly) big head? Using the HD228s right now full extended and they fit nice
The headband has a lot of length to it so it should work okay for large noggins. Comfort is a different matter though - I've never used the HD228 so I have no clue how they compare but the ES7 doesn't exactly clamp lightly.
post #203 of 4545
I think its the pad that is a problem for the ES7 in my opinion. I wear a 7 3/4 - 8 fitted hat to give you an idea of my big head. I had the ES7 and the clamping didn't bother me at all but they are sort of hard. The padding didn't due much for me. I have the HD25 now and I believe it has more clamping force but because of the soft velour pads my ears don't at all. I would wear the ES7 and my hears just hurt all over after about an hour. I had my HD25 on for several hours the other day and it was completely comfortable. This is just my experience though everyone is different. Oh also just in case anyone brings this up my ES7 was bent in the common fashion to make them more comfortable.
post #204 of 4545
what do you think is the most bassiest portable hp? px100??
post #205 of 4545
I'm posting in this thread to say more people should buy the PX200-II. Even if you don't need new cans? Why? Because they are awesome =P

No but seriously, these cans deserve a lot more recognition than they've gotten imo. I'm not the most experienced user, but based on my short auditioning with pricier and bulkier cans(admittedly not fair as usually not with my own equipment), these are definitely worth the money.

I want to start an appreciation thread, but I've only seen 2 or 3 people other than myself with these cans XD. I think their predecessor's mild to bad rep is holding them back. Nice nuetral tone color, decent detail, and a suprising sense of openness for such small closed cans.
post #206 of 4545
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_tumiwa View Post
what do you think is the most bassiest portable hp? px100??
If you consider the M-Audio Q40 portable than it wins quite easily for the largest amount of raw bass power. The AKG K181 with the bass boost 'on' wins for impact.

Of the ultraportables I'd say the PortaPros have more bass than the PX100.
post #207 of 4545
M50s are portable ? (they compare to the Q40?)
post #208 of 4545
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mont View Post
M50s are portable ? (they compare to the Q40?)
I think one could use the M50 portably but I haven't had them. They look quite similar in size to the Q40 and K181.
post #209 of 4545
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljokerl View Post
That's a debatable point. The P372 is a good headphone, no doubt. But I had all three side by side - P372, K81, and K181, and found myself reaching for the K81 every time I had to go out and the K181 when listening at home every time despite you saying that the P372 is superior as well. The P372 just sat there gathering dust. To me there's just something about the AKG midrange and the way they handle stringed instruments that puts them a head above the Denons. Denons have tighter bass, yes. But I'm okay with the excessive bass as long as the rest of the range is lush and natural. I'll pick up one of the Denon DJs if I have a chance but there are a few other cans on my plate ahead of them.
There're two versions of the AH-P372 - "dark" and "bright". You might've gotten the "dark" version. The "bright" is only slightly muter than most earbuds, looks like it's early production. There's a 9 dB difference in efficiency between both, even though the box specs are the same (100 dB/mW).

The K-81 aren't bad, but the excessive bass and the bassy tuning spoils the phun. They're just too hard-hitting.
DN-HP500 are in a different class than AH-P372, prices are about the same (or less) as K-81/K-518 (~$70). They're just better built and more comfortable than K-81, and they've a "sweet" midrange tuning, not bass-slam as K-81. Single-entry coiled cable is also nice (not like it'll last).
post #210 of 4545
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljokerl View Post

@ ductrung3993: Yes, the KSC35 are interesting to me as well. I've just barely missed the last two pairs sold on ebay .

Hope you'll get a pair of 'em soond
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Shootout: 114 Portable Headphones Reviewed (Xiaomi Mi Headphones added 04/21/2015)