or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Shootout: 114 Portable Headphones Reviewed (Xiaomi Mi Headphones added 04/21/2015)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Shootout: 114 Portable Headphones Reviewed (Xiaomi Mi Headphones added 04/21/2015) - Page 92

post #1366 of 4545

Joker, can we ask what's next?

post #1367 of 4545
Thread Starter 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesMcProgger View Post

Joker, can we ask what's next?



Sure - as you can probably guess up first are all of the headphones from the Fashion thread. Not much to do there - just assign numerical scores and shorten the reviews a little - but I've been busy with some high-end IEMs so that's been put off.

 

After that - two Sonys, two Sennheisers, two Audio-Technicas, two Ultrasones, a Philips, a Pioneer, and an AKG (not necessarily in that order). 

 

(If you or anyone else can guess all of them correctly in one try, I'll send that person an earphone of my choosing).

post #1368 of 4545

Hah, I'll play that game... (and I don't even like earphones)

 

Sony: V150, 410

Sennheiser: HD 202 and 218

Audio Technica: ES3, M40

Ultrasone: DJ1, 15G

Philips: The Stretch

Pioneer: HDJ-500

AKG: Q460

 

I would be seriously impressed if someone actually guesses correctly. There's a couple that I've seen mentioned so they would be an "educated" guess, but for brands like Sony and Sennheiser who have more models than you can shake a stick at in the "portables" category alone, nevermind the entire line, plus all the old models that are still around in the stores... well it really is just a shot in the dark at that point.

post #1369 of 4545

Hey Mike can I cheat? lol jk

post #1370 of 4545
Thread Starter 

A for effort, 3/11 for performance... Some good guesses though.

 

I promise that there are no vintage headphones - all of the sets are currently in production (to the best of my knowledge) and all but one can be purchased on amazon.

 

Also, I think I will up it to three tries for those who actually want to participate.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armaegis View Post

 

Sony: V150, 410

Sennheiser: HD 202 and 218

Audio Technica: ES3, M40

Ultrasone: DJ1, 15G

Philips: The Stretch

Pioneer: HDJ-500

AKG: Q460

 

I would be seriously impressed if someone actually guesses correctly. There's a couple that I've seen mentioned so they would be an "educated" guess, but for brands like Sony and Sennheiser who have more models than you can shake a stick at in the "portables" category alone, nevermind the entire line, plus all the old models that are still around in the stores... well it really is just a shot in the dark at that point.



 

 


Quote:
Originally Posted by Inks View Post

Hey Mike can I cheat? lol jk

 

You could but it won't give you all of the answers. 

post #1371 of 4545

 

Sony: MDR-570LP, MDR-7506

Sennheiser: PX 360, HD 218

Audio Technica: FC700, M35

Ultrasone: HFI-580, HFI-15g

Philips: The Stretch

Pioneer: SE-MJ21

AKG: 518 LE

 

Did I guess right? tongue.gif

post #1372 of 4545

Ouch the 518 is already reviewed in the AKG K81. 

post #1373 of 4545
Sony: V6, V700DJ
Senn: 203, 205
ATH: ATH-SQ5, ESW10
Ultrasone: DJ1, 750
Phillip: SHP8500/27
Pioneer: 500R
AKG: K330

Sony and senn are just too hard. redface.gif
post #1374 of 4545
Thread Starter 

4/11. For those who want to do a bit of analysis, two of the correct answers are shared with Armaegis.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50an6xy06r6n View Post

 

Sony: MDR-570LP, MDR-7506

Sennheiser: PX 360, HD 218

Audio Technica: FC700, M35

Ultrasone: HFI-580, HFI-15g

Philips: The Stretch

Pioneer: SE-MJ21

AKG: 518 LE

 

Did I guess right? tongue.gif

post #1375 of 4545
Thread Starter 

2/11 with one correct answer shared with one of the previous posters (don't want to make it too easy, right?) biggrin.gif

 

All of the headphones do meet my portable criteria, i.e, are at least one of the following

1. Supraaural

2. Foldable or Collapsing

3. Equipped with a portable (<5ft, 3.5mm termination) cable

 

Also, the K330 is an IEM tongue.gif


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mootookang View Post

Sony: V6, V700DJ
Senn: 203, 205
ATH: ATH-SQ5, ESW10
Ultrasone: DJ1, 750
Phillip: SHP8500/27
Pioneer: 500R
AKG: K330

Sony and senn are just too hard. redface.gif
post #1376 of 4545

You know what this feels like?

 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mastermind_%28board_game%29

 

tongue.gif

post #1377 of 4545
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armaegis View Post

You know what this feels like?

 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mastermind_%28board_game%29

 



Ha, right you are. Also, you just gave me an idea to write an Einstein's Problem-type problem for headphones tongue.gif

post #1378 of 4545
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljokerl View Post

2/11 with one correct answer shared with one of the previous posters (don't want to make it too easy, right?) " rel="http://files.head-fi.org/images/smilies/biggrin.gif">biggrin.gif

 

" rel="http://files.head-fi.org/images/smilies/biggrin.gif">All of the headphones do meet my portable criteria, i.e, are at least one of the following

" rel="http://files.head-fi.org/images/smilies/biggrin.gif">1. Supraaural

" rel="http://files.head-fi.org/images/smilies/biggrin.gif">2. Foldable or Collapsing

" rel="http://files.head-fi.org/images/smilies/biggrin.gif">3. Equipped with a portable (<5ft, 3.5mm termination) cable

 

" rel="http://files.head-fi.org/images/smilies/biggrin.gif">Also, the K330 is an IEM " rel="http://files.head-fi.org/images/smilies/tongue.gif">tongue.gif


Darn, I was trying to aim for 0/11. biggrin.gif
I guessit also shows that I don't follow AKG at all. tongue.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljokerl View Post

Ha, right you are. Also, you just gave me an idea to write an Einstein's Problem-type problem for headphones " rel="http://files.head-fi.org/images/smilies/tongue.gif">tongue.gif
What would the questions be like? Would it still make us guess on a mystery headphones or would it be all logic based like Einstein's question?
post #1379 of 4545

hi ljokerl!

 

any impressions of HFI-15G coming soon? I'm really curious about Yours feelings about them ;)

post #1380 of 4545

So I guess you will be releasing IEM list ? I'm looking forward to that. Is HF5 on the list ? I'm just curious where it would be placed in your ranking. This guy really needs burn in.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Shootout: 114 Portable Headphones Reviewed (Xiaomi Mi Headphones added 04/21/2015)