or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Shootout: 114 Portable Headphones Reviewed (Xiaomi Mi Headphones added 04/21/2015)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Shootout: 114 Portable Headphones Reviewed (Xiaomi Mi Headphones added 04/21/2015) - Page 84

post #1246 of 4545

ljokerl's gone missing! Somebody call the authorities!!!

post #1247 of 4545
Thread Starter 

Quote:

Originally Posted by JamesMcProgger View Post

Hello  Joker, hope you had a nice holidays break.

 

Here a question, which portable Amp would be better to drive ATH M50, Denon HP700, Senn HD25:

NuForce Icon mobile, Ibasso T3 or Ibasso D2? or any other?

 

PS: Oli is giving 140$ to those who try the Proipes 800 and doesnt likes them.


Any chance you can build yourself a mini3? I haven't heard the D2 but the mini sounds way better than the others and works well with the Denons and HD25. 

 

By the way there are other prodipes - the 580 ($20) and 880 ($80). I have a feeling the terrible stock photos really don't do them justice.

post #1248 of 4545
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljokerl View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by JamesMcProgger View Post

Hello  Joker, hope you had a nice holidays break.

 

Here a question, which portable Amp would be better to drive ATH M50, Denon HP700, Senn HD25:

NuForce Icon mobile, Ibasso T3 or Ibasso D2? or any other?

 

PS: Oli is giving 140$ to those who try the Proipes 800 and doesnt likes them.


Any chance you can build yourself a mini3? I haven't heard the D2 but the mini sounds way better than the others and works well with the Denons and HD25. 

 

By the way there are other prodipes - the 580 ($20) and 880 ($80). I have a feeling the terrible stock photos really don't do them justice.



I know - I'm getting the 880's for sure.

post #1249 of 4545
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljokerl View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by JamesMcProgger View Post

Hello  Joker, hope you had a nice holidays break.

 

Here a question, which portable Amp would be better to drive ATH M50, Denon HP700, Senn HD25:

NuForce Icon mobile, Ibasso T3 or Ibasso D2? or any other?

 

PS: Oli is giving 140$ to those who try the Proipes 800 and doesnt likes them.


Any chance you can build yourself a mini3? I haven't heard the D2 but the mini sounds way better than the others and works well with the Denons and HD25. 

 

By the way there are other prodipes - the 580 ($20) and 880 ($80). I have a feeling the terrible stock photos really don't do them justice.


I have a cmoy DIY kit waiting, havent have the time, if that works i'd be attempting with the mini3, i really dont trust my skills, specially in soldering. besides that, all i need is some practice, which i have had recently (screwing up old cans and cables)

 

 

I might be keeping an eye in the FS forums maybe i can catch up an  old mini3

 

Never though a DYI would be superior to those amps to be honest, but good to know! thanks.

 

Edit: I forgot to ask about the fiio E7, but i know you are not a fan of the fiio toys.


Edited by JamesMcProgger - 1/7/11 at 9:48am
post #1250 of 4545

Another newbie here that wanted to say thanks specifically to ljokerl for starting this thread and everyone who contributed to it!

 

I spent about three days lurking, reading, becoming obsessed and then losing my mind in all the choices.

It's funny because I came here looking for info on the Sony V6s, then the comments lead me to the M50s but then for a little more I could get the DT770 but then I'd need an amp and if I get an amp I might as well save up and get the K 702 or DT990. You see where this was going right?

 

Since money is tight right now I decided to start small with the DT-235s which will be here Monday! I am very excited to finally move up from my cheap earbuds into something better for work and play. Eventually I really do want to move into some nice cans + amp but if I do that I want to do it right.

 

So thanks again everyone I appreciate all the knowledge around here!

 

 

 

post #1251 of 4545
Thread Starter 

Added this thread's first wireless headphone - the TDK WR700 - and the AKG K430.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dfuse11 View Post

Another newbie here that wanted to say thanks specifically to ljokerl for starting this thread and everyone who contributed to it!

 

I spent about three days lurking, reading, becoming obsessed and then losing my mind in all the choices.

It's funny because I came here looking for info on the Sony V6s, then the comments lead me to the M50s but then for a little more I could get the DT770 but then I'd need an amp and if I get an amp I might as well save up and get the K 702 or DT990. You see where this was going right?

 

Since money is tight right now I decided to start small with the DT-235s which will be here Monday! I am very excited to finally move up from my cheap earbuds into something better for work and play. Eventually I really do want to move into some nice cans + amp but if I do that I want to do it right.



Glad I could save someone some money for once. Hope you like the DT235! It's a great way to enter into hi-fi as it just does so little wrong for the asking price.

post #1252 of 4545

Vroom! New reviews on the lose! I also saw you are selling v-moda crossfade. That means you reviewed them! L3000.gifvery_evil_smiley.gif

post #1253 of 4545

     Quote:

Originally Posted by ljokerl View Post

Glad I could save someone some money for once. Hope you like the DT235! It's a great way to enter into hi-fi as it just does so little wrong for the asking price.

 

No problem it's nice to have a better perspective on what I want vs need wink.gif

They should be here monday now the question is do I use them right away or resist and let them burn in for a day or two?
 

post #1254 of 4545
Thread Starter 


Quote:

Originally Posted by Angelopsaro View Post

Vroom! New reviews on the lose! I also saw you are selling v-moda crossfade. That means you reviewed them! L3000.gifvery_evil_smiley.gif


Yes, but it also means that the review won't go up until I sell them redface.gif

 


Quote:

Originally Posted by Dfuse11 View Post

No problem it's nice to have a better perspective on what I want vs need wink.gif

They should be here monday now the question is do I use them right away or resist and let them burn in for a day or two?
 



I say go ahead and use them - there's no advantage to resisting so why self-flagellate?

post #1255 of 4545

Thanks for more quality reviews Joker.

I liked everything you wrote about the K430 except the price tag biggrin.gif luckily the 3 small portables i own enough for my needs.

 

on the TDK i was thinking "meh they probably have a huge heavy base transmitter" but then i read that it can be paired with a portable player? how heavy would it be? I had never gave attention to wireless headphones because of the heavy transmitter and the lack of quality, but i never read about the kleer technology. too bad the price tags kills this 'phones, imo.

 

very informative reviews as usual-.

 

I wonder what's next rolleyes.gif

post #1256 of 4545
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljokerl View Post

Added this thread's first wireless headphone - the TDK WR700 - and the AKG K430.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dfuse11 View Post

Another newbie here that wanted to say thanks specifically to ljokerl for starting this thread and everyone who contributed to it!

 

I spent about three days lurking, reading, becoming obsessed and then losing my mind in all the choices.

It's funny because I came here looking for info on the Sony V6s, then the comments lead me to the M50s but then for a little more I could get the DT770 but then I'd need an amp and if I get an amp I might as well save up and get the K 702 or DT990. You see where this was going right?

 

Since money is tight right now I decided to start small with the DT-235s which will be here Monday! I am very excited to finally move up from my cheap earbuds into something better for work and play. Eventually I really do want to move into some nice cans + amp but if I do that I want to do it right.



Glad I could save someone some money for once. Hope you like the DT235! It's a great way to enter into hi-fi as it just does so little wrong for the asking price.

 

You saved me and perhaps a few hundred if not thousands of others so much money with your topics.  I OWE YOU $$$ for what you have saved me, I feel like I stole from you haha.  Without joker, my cat and I would be so lost :[
 

post #1257 of 4545
Thread Starter 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JamesMcProgger View Post

 

 

on the TDK i was thinking "meh they probably have a huge heavy base transmitter" but then i read that it can be paired with a portable player? how heavy would it be? I had never gave attention to wireless headphones because of the heavy transmitter and the lack of quality, but i never read about the kleer technology. too bad the price tags kills this 'phones, imo.

 



Actually the transmitter is powered by 2x AAA batteries and isn't large or heavy at all.

 

tdk_wr700_wireless_headphones_transmitter.jpg

Personally, I think the WR700 is best viewed as proof of concept. From a technical standpoint, it performs flawlessly and there's really no reason why a company couldn't take the Kleer interface and build a proper-sounding portable headphone around it. That seems to be what AKG is going for with the K840KL but if you think the WR700 is expensive, forget about those. Interestingly, Sennheiser is still pursuing Bluetooth as a portable wireless protocol even with the $580 MM450.

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by swbf2cheater View Post

You saved me and perhaps a few hundred if not thousands of others so much money with your topics.  I OWE YOU $$$ for what you have saved me, I feel like I stole from you haha.  Without joker, my cat and I would be so lost :[
 


Hmm.. and I thought it was ironic that my multi-iem review thread ended up on reddit's frugal board.

post #1258 of 4545

I lurk around here from time to time. Lately I've been wanting some closed portables and had the chance to search around and came across this thread. A huge thanks to Joker for helping yet another newbie. Every forum should have threads like this for people like me. smile.gif

 

I only have portable setups--Cowon D2 and iPod Touch 4G; Shure E2C and PX100--and use them every day at work (lately just the Touch and PX100s). I find the IEMs a little too uncomfortable for long use and I can still hear my boss with the PX100s, hence my need for closed cans.

 

Anyway, since I hope to be back at a gym in a couple of months I decided, based on the review, to get some Koss KCS75s (which I just purchased for $16.99 CDN http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=22002&promoid=1276 ). I had also tried using the E2Cs for working out but found the extra pressure in the ear canal did not go well with the blood flow to the head. That and they would pop out once in a while.

 

For closed I am leaning towards PX200-IIs and ATH-M50Ss or HD25-1 IIs. I'll be researching them more yet but this thread goes a long way into helping quickly narrow things down.

 

Thanks again joker (insert thumbs up smiley here).

post #1259 of 4545

I really enjoyed the overview on Kleer technology.  I've always wonder how its SQ compares with wired or standard bluetooth.

post #1260 of 4545

Wireless... Bah humbug!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Shootout: 114 Portable Headphones Reviewed (Xiaomi Mi Headphones added 04/21/2015)