or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Shootout: 114 Portable Headphones Reviewed (Xiaomi Mi Headphones added 04/21/2015)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Shootout: 114 Portable Headphones Reviewed (Xiaomi Mi Headphones added 04/21/2015) - Page 73

post #1081 of 4545
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljokerl View Post

With no other criteria P372 for me. FC700 sounds a bit muddy.



good to know, and they do look better too. whats up with the 0.5m cable in both?

also, joker how come the fc700 in the shootout?

post #1082 of 4545
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesMcProgger View Post


good to know, and they do look better too. whats up with the 0.5m cable in both?

also, joker how come the fc700 in the shootout?


Both have modular cables - extension cord (included) goes almost right up to the y-split. I haven't had time for a full review of the FC700. I also have the ATH-SQ5 which I like quite a bit better and about a dozen other phones to add so it'll be a while. Soundmagic P20 and the new Meelec portables are probably next in line.

post #1083 of 4545

The SQ5 looks... weird. i never understand why the price difference in colors...

 

btw i have the fc700 and that time i bought the p372 (at 3 am,. and for no reason) i'm not so happy with the ath's sound, a bit muddy indeed.

 

you need to get you an assistant, so you can talk about the phones while she makes a summary and she can post later jecklinsmile.gifor a recording machine

post #1084 of 4545

OK I'm looking for one more pair for my little 'mini' shootout...

 

 

Preferences

 

Price range: around $40-$80 max

 

Sound: I want a decently large soundstage so open or semi-open is preferred. No sloppy bass and no sibilant upper mids or highs.

 

Build: At least a semi-sturdy construction is prefered.

 

Prestige factor: I couldn't care LESS about the brand name. As a matter of fact the more obscure and unknown the better

 

 

I almost got the Numark Pro's but ljokerl's comments about the highs scared me away.

 

 

Also thought abou the SteelSeries Siberia...

 

hardware_steelSeries_siberia_03.jpg

 

 

But the fact that you used to be able to get them for $20 kind of turned me off to paying $40 for them now.

 

 

Any recommendations would be appreciated.  


Edited by Olimoronio - 12/4/10 at 3:52pm
post #1085 of 4545

ljokerl... anyone...

 

Help me...

post #1086 of 4545

give me your credit card..the problem of you spending your money is solved.. :D

post #1087 of 4545
Quote:
Originally Posted by rawrster View Post

give me your credit card..the problem of you spending your money is solved.. :D


But then I wouldn't be able to buy all these neato phones.

post #1088 of 4545
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olimoronio View Post

ljokerl... anyone...

 

Help me...


I'd say the reloops but they are 89$..

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/695510-REG/Reloop_222787_RHP_10_Professional_DJ_Headphones.html

 

because the phillips SHO9560

http://www.amazon.com/Philips-SHO9560-28-Over-Ear-Headphones/dp/B003VNKKUS

 

or the Pioneer SE A1000

 

or some of the Koss Pro AA or AAA or AAAA series? (im interested in those)

 

creative HQ 1400 or 1900 or 1600

 

i'm just trowing ideas - popcorn.gif

 

do you need truly portables?

post #1089 of 4545

Nope they don't NEED to be portable but some amount of portability would be nice since I plan to post my impressions in this thread ('cause I like you all THAT much!).

post #1090 of 4545

Panasonic RP HS 900 looks .. er ... weird.

 

107919.png

post #1091 of 4545
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olimoronio View Post

Nope they don't NEED to be portable but some amount of portability would be nice since I plan to post my impressions in this thread ('cause I like you all THAT much!).


and we apreciate it. Also Joker with this awesome thread (that bleeds my wallet)

btw those creative HQ 1400, 1600 and 1900 looks really good man

post #1092 of 4545
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesMcProgger View Post



Quote:
Originally Posted by Olimoronio View Post

ljokerl... anyone...

 

Help me...


I'd say the reloops but they are 89$..

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/695510-REG/Reloop_222787_RHP_10_Professional_DJ_Headphones.html

 

because the phillips SHO9560

http://www.amazon.com/Philips-SHO9560-28-Over-Ear-Headphones/dp/B003VNKKUS

 

or the Pioneer SE A1000

 

or some of the Koss Pro AA or AAA or AAAA series? (im interested in those)

 

creative HQ 1400 or 1900 or 1600

 

i'm just trowing ideas - popcorn.gif

 

do you need truly portables?


 

The Reloop's are hideous and just out of my price range.

 

I have a bunch of those Koss phones. I know I have the Pro AA (two pairs actually) but I haven't heard them yet because the wire on both of them is screwed and the pads are deflated. Need to send them to Koss for that Lifetime guaranty fix 'em up. :) I even have the  Koss Pro/4X. Really good sounding phone except they lack in the bass department which is amazing because they are two-ways with a huge driver for bass. Must be the enclosure.

 

Out of all my 400+ phones (yes, yes I know. You don't need to tell me - my GF reminds me all the time lol) I just realised that I don't have a single pair of modern Pioneer's. So either the  Pioneer SE A1000's or the Pioneer SE-MJ5's are looking tempting right about now.

post #1093 of 4545

Oh my goodness those Creative 1600's look tasty! But where can you get them and how much??? 

post #1094 of 4545
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olimoronio View Post

Oh my goodness those Creative 1600's look tasty! But where can you get them and how much??? 

I know! lol

 

Creative-PS-HQ1600.jpg

 

amazon, by the name of HEADPHONES_HQ1600 ( idk wtf...) 40$ and free shipping

http://www.amazon.com/Creative-HEADPHONES_HQ1600/dp/B003Y59IBU

post #1095 of 4545

That's weird - I Googled them and nothing from Amazon came up. Usually, if they are on Amazon, they are one of the first to pop up on Google.

 

Oh well, anyways Thanks!

 

 

 

PS Leaning more and more to the Pioneers.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Shootout: 114 Portable Headphones Reviewed (Xiaomi Mi Headphones added 04/21/2015)