Hi! I haven't visited this thread for quite some time. However, I recalled that this shootout used to have models such as astro A50, beyerdynamic DT770, etc. Am I wrong or are they removed for some reasons? Thanks!
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAKGtagged by System, 11/13/10
- productAKG High Performance Closed-Back DJ Headphones - K181DJtagged by System, 11/13/10
- productAKG K518DJtagged by System, 11/13/10
- brandAlessandrotagged by System, 11/13/10
- productAlessandro MS-1tagged by System, 11/13/10
- productAstrotec AS200HDtagged by System, 3/1/13
- brandAudio Technicatagged by System, 11/13/10
- productAudio-Technica ATH-EM7 GM Adjustable Aluminum Clip-On Headphonestagged by System, 11/13/10
- productAudio-Technica ATH-ES7 Portable Headphones, Blacktagged by System, 11/13/10
- productAudio-Technica ATH-ESW9Atagged by System, 11/13/10More
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 11/13/10
- brandBeyerdynamictagged by System, 6/24/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 235 Headphone - Blacktagged by System, 6/24/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 235 Headphone - Whitetagged by System, 6/24/10
- productCreative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mictagged by jude, 2/28/14
- productCreative Aurvana Live! Headphonestagged by System, 7/8/10
- brandDenontagged by System, 11/13/10
- productDenon AH-D1100tagged by System, 10/30/11
- productDenon DJ Professional Headphones - Denon DNHP700tagged by System, 11/13/10
- brandEquationtagged by System, 11/13/10
- brandKosstagged by System, 7/8/10
- productKoss KSC75 Portable Stereophone Headphonestagged by System, 7/8/10
- productKoss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open )tagged by System, 7/8/10
- productKoss PRODJ100tagged by System, 11/13/10
- brandM Audiotagged by System, 11/13/10
- productM-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphonestagged by System, 11/13/10
- brandPanasonictagged by System, 11/13/10
- brandPhiatontagged by System, 7/8/10
- productPhiaton MS 400 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 5/27/10
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 7/7/10
- productSennheiser HD 228 Closed Back Headphone with Excellent Basstagged by System, 11/13/10
- productSennheiser HD 238 Stereo Open Aire Headphonetagged by System, 7/8/10
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by System, 7/8/10
- productSennheiser PX 200 II B Closed on Ear Mini Headphonestagged by System, 7/8/10
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/23/11
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Can someone please recommend a newbie audiophile some cans? Last post on 6/27/12 at 9:18am in Headphones (full-size)
- German Made Headphones Under $500 Last post on 9/17/11 at 6:31pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Comfortable closed headphones $150 Last post on 3/25/11 at 12:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 11/28/14
Foreword As the creator of the Titan 1 thread on head-fi, I have most of the information given here placed in the thread; however, this review is a coalescing and enhancement of the various...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Master & Dynamic for providing me with a review sample of ME03 in exchange for my honest opinion. Master & Dynamic definitely knows how to build...
Hey the bang for your buck ratio is great for these. I got them years ago for $500. I've been using them to replace the little tin box in my TV for years. The satellite surrounds are ignored/not...
So this is my first day impression of the Emotiva Stealth 8 speakers and I will be updating every week untilll I have come to the conclusion that I've finally made it through the burn-in process....
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Shootout: 113 Portable Headphones Reviewed (Alpha Design Labs ADL H118 added 07/15/14) - Page 298
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Aren't you talking about mad lust gaming thread?
What would be a good choice for a VERY comfortable "open" on ear can for movies?
1) VERY comfy with low clamping pressure
2) Good(not excessive) bass and clear vocals
3) Budget $100
Edited by Jim McC - 2/11/15 at 7:33pm
How about the Sennheiser PX-100? Lightweight and open with mild bass hump.
Hi every one! I am realy tired from in ear expreriense and i dont liked a pair i tried completely. I want some on-ear or over-ear! Source smartphone! Ambiance : busses, trains, the homecar, at office! That means i am ok if i hear the engine of the car but i dont wan anyone else to be bothered. I like the look of
Audio thechnica t3000 sj11 or sj33,
Senheiser hd219(they are the only one in my contry from all hd for my budget),
Sony zx 100-600, v55(whit some extra money maybe?),
Philips Oneil and cityscape,Philips SHL5205PP,
Koss UR22 Koss KC25.
I am a girl whit ball face and my hair is colored dark copper. Wear glasses an dont want my face sides to hurt from the pressure! http://open.spotify.com/track/47Fl0T52NvHkYaFbEOCW2Z
The AKG K518 will give a pretty satisfactory bass (it's essentially the same as the K81 but with different colour schemes if fashion matters), but it does tend to clamp harder so comfort might be an issue. The Sony V55 came to mind before I even read through your list. Philips Citiscape Uptown or ONeil should fit your music tastes and budget (I like the Downtown, but that's a more neutral sound).
It's however much you want honestly. I checked some of your other threads, and if you're powering them off an A/V receiver then you can just adjust bass on the receiver to taste.
Or if you ever get an amp, then find one with bass or other tone controls.
An unlikely option (though it's one I've personally used and liked) is to amp with a Focusrite VRMbox which lets you emulate speakers on your headphones, and in my experience pairs quite well with the PX100.
I would not pick a Grado for movies.
Seriously, if you're looking for an open on-ear mildly bassy headphone at <$100, the PX-100 is probably your best fit. If you can stretch the budget a tiny bit, the HD239 is worth considering.
I want the similar sound signature,
Will ATH M50 suit me, im very sensitive to too bright treble, or harsh or fatiguing highs.
I want more sub bass > mid bass
Mids > treble
And wide soundstage.
How about beyer dynamic dt 770 pro, will it suit me.
Pls advice me,
I think the K420 is superior to the PX100, more clarity without sacrificing the low end. Only problem is that is very hard to find around nowadays. K430 and other closed models don't sound nearly as nice.
- Shootout: 113 Portable Headphones Reviewed (Alpha Design Labs ADL H118 added 07/15/14)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Official Sennheiser URBANITE Australian review tour! 53 seconds ago
- › The scientific merit of Pono 1 minute ago
- › The Meaning of Life 1 minute ago
- › Rumor: New Sennheiser Flagship to be surfaced ........ soon 1 minute ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Interview With Sony: NW-ZX2... Your Questions Answered 4 minutes ago
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H8 (Wireless Noise Cancelling On-Ear... 4 minutes ago
- › NAD Viso HP50 : Another superb headphone from Paul Barton? 7 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 7 minutes ago
- › The Schiitstorm: Next-Gen Magni 2 and Modi 2 Family! 8 minutes ago
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by tomscy2000
- › Master & Dynamic MH30 On Ear Headphone - Black by YoYo JoKeR
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by twister6
- › Logitech Z-5500 THX-Certified 5.1 Digital Surround Sound Speaker... by NightFlight
- › Emotiva Stealth Eight by Audiobahn808
- › AKG K7XX by Change is Good
- › Symphonized Wraith Premium Genuine Wood Headphones by cmdrmcgarrett
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Black Over-Ear Headphones by Dogmatrix
- › Monoprice MHP-839 by engineerd3d
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by D-TECH
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3