Hi! I haven't visited this thread for quite some time. However, I recalled that this shootout used to have models such as astro A50, beyerdynamic DT770, etc. Am I wrong or are they removed for some reasons? Thanks!
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAKGtagged by System, 11/13/10
- productAKG High Performance Closed-Back DJ Headphones - K181DJtagged by System, 11/13/10
- productAKG K518DJtagged by System, 11/13/10
- brandAlessandrotagged by System, 11/13/10
- productAlessandro MS-1tagged by System, 11/13/10
- productAstrotec AS200HDtagged by System, 3/1/13
- brandAudio Technicatagged by System, 11/13/10
- productAudio-Technica ATH-EM7 GM Adjustable Aluminum Clip-On Headphonestagged by System, 11/13/10
- productAudio-Technica ATH-ES7 Portable Headphones, Blacktagged by System, 11/13/10
- productAudio-Technica ATH-ESW9Atagged by System, 11/13/10More
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 11/13/10
- brandBeyerdynamictagged by System, 6/24/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 235 Headphone - Blacktagged by System, 6/24/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 235 Headphone - Whitetagged by System, 6/24/10
- productCreative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mictagged by jude, 2/28/14
- productCreative Aurvana Live! Headphonestagged by System, 7/8/10
- brandDenontagged by System, 11/13/10
- productDenon AH-D1100tagged by System, 10/30/11
- productDenon DJ Professional Headphones - Denon DNHP700tagged by System, 11/13/10
- brandEquationtagged by System, 11/13/10
- brandKosstagged by System, 7/8/10
- productKoss KSC75 Portable Stereophone Headphonestagged by System, 7/8/10
- productKoss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open )tagged by System, 7/8/10
- productKoss PRODJ100tagged by System, 11/13/10
- brandM Audiotagged by System, 11/13/10
- productM-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphonestagged by System, 11/13/10
- brandPanasonictagged by System, 11/13/10
- brandPhiatontagged by System, 7/8/10
- productPhiaton MS 400 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 5/27/10
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 7/7/10
- productSennheiser HD 228 Closed Back Headphone with Excellent Basstagged by System, 11/13/10
- productSennheiser HD 238 Stereo Open Aire Headphonetagged by System, 7/8/10
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by System, 7/8/10
- productSennheiser PX 200 II B Closed on Ear Mini Headphonestagged by System, 7/8/10
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/23/11
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Can someone please recommend a newbie audiophile some cans? Last post on 6/27/12 at 9:18am in Headphones (full-size)
- German Made Headphones Under $500 Last post on 9/17/11 at 6:31pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Comfortable closed headphones $150 Last post on 3/25/11 at 12:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 11/28/14
If you want a natural sound with realistic vocals and soundstage, tight bass, sparkling highs without being fatigued, and a headphone who can reveal the true quality of the recorded music, and...
you know the original price of this one, a rock solid $100. can you feel it ? yees, there's a bad review is coming... let's take a look at what brainwavz says for it's own product, one thing comes...
FOREWARD: as a relatively new user to head-fi, i dont expect many of you to take my review seriously. however, although i'm new to POSTING on this site, i've been an audiophile and a lurker of this...
Color! Because I feel in the mood for it. No, not really, this is just for the comparison. So, Red, & Green? Red - Not For Me. Green - Solid, & something I personally like. Comparison is...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank LH Labs for providing me with a review sample of GeekOut in exchange for my honest opinion. I thought I was done with my round of portable USB...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Shootout: 113 Portable Headphones Reviewed (Alpha Design Labs ADL H118 added 07/15/14) - Page 298
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Aren't you talking about mad lust gaming thread?
What would be a good choice for a VERY comfortable "open" on ear can for movies?
1) VERY comfy with low clamping pressure
2) Good(not excessive) bass and clear vocals
3) Budget $100
Edited by Jim McC - 2/11/15 at 7:33pm
How about the Sennheiser PX-100? Lightweight and open with mild bass hump.
Hi every one! I am realy tired from in ear expreriense and i dont liked a pair i tried completely. I want some on-ear or over-ear! Source smartphone! Ambiance : busses, trains, the homecar, at office! That means i am ok if i hear the engine of the car but i dont wan anyone else to be bothered. I like the look of
Audio thechnica t3000 sj11 or sj33,
Senheiser hd219(they are the only one in my contry from all hd for my budget),
Sony zx 100-600, v55(whit some extra money maybe?),
Philips Oneil and cityscape,Philips SHL5205PP,
Koss UR22 Koss KC25.
I am a girl whit ball face and my hair is colored dark copper. Wear glasses an dont want my face sides to hurt from the pressure! http://open.spotify.com/track/47Fl0T52NvHkYaFbEOCW2Z
The AKG K518 will give a pretty satisfactory bass (it's essentially the same as the K81 but with different colour schemes if fashion matters), but it does tend to clamp harder so comfort might be an issue. The Sony V55 came to mind before I even read through your list. Philips Citiscape Uptown or ONeil should fit your music tastes and budget (I like the Downtown, but that's a more neutral sound).
It's however much you want honestly. I checked some of your other threads, and if you're powering them off an A/V receiver then you can just adjust bass on the receiver to taste.
Or if you ever get an amp, then find one with bass or other tone controls.
An unlikely option (though it's one I've personally used and liked) is to amp with a Focusrite VRMbox which lets you emulate speakers on your headphones, and in my experience pairs quite well with the PX100.
I would not pick a Grado for movies.
Seriously, if you're looking for an open on-ear mildly bassy headphone at <$100, the PX-100 is probably your best fit. If you can stretch the budget a tiny bit, the HD239 is worth considering.
I want the similar sound signature,
Will ATH M50 suit me, im very sensitive to too bright treble, or harsh or fatiguing highs.
I want more sub bass > mid bass
Mids > treble
And wide soundstage.
How about beyer dynamic dt 770 pro, will it suit me.
Pls advice me,
I think the K420 is superior to the PX100, more clarity without sacrificing the low end. Only problem is that is very hard to find around nowadays. K430 and other closed models don't sound nearly as nice.
IKR...that's why I have 8 headphones:
Panasonic HTF600 - Good
CAL! - AMAZING
JVC HA-S500 - bad, even with mods / EQing. Not capable of detail.
Marley EM-JH020-MI - Terrible...until you mod / EQ them, to hell. Then Very Good / Amazing
NVX XPT100 - UNFRIGGINBELIEVABLE
Koss KSC75 - Good for the price
NXG NX-HTDJ - Very Good
Koss KTXPRO1 - Good for the price (better than KSC75, terrible compared to NX-HTDJ)
Nothing compared to Joker though. :P
I got EM-JH020-MI for 10$.
I bought 3 pairs to have free shipping! lol
So it must be the best headphones for 10$ ???
I will try them as soon as it comes to my door!
- Shootout: 113 Portable Headphones Reviewed (Alpha Design Labs ADL H118 added 07/15/14)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Huge Comparison of [almost] all the best Bluetooth Headphones -... 13 seconds ago
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+ SS Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post... 41 seconds ago
- › The Stax Thread III 1 minute ago
- › DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . Lurker0 FW Mod... 2 minutes ago
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 2 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 4 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (4/8/2015: Full X2 Review... 4 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Headphones Too Good For System? 4 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions 4 minutes ago
- › AKG K 702 Headphones by ExCelciuS
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by vaziyetu
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by xsk3l3t0rx
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM02 balanced amature inner earphone by ahnvx
- › Geek Out 450 USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Beyerdynamic T90 Premium Stereo Headphone by motion2082
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by viperxp
- › Audio-Technica AIR Dynamic Headphones ATH-AD900X by kite7
- › Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X Audiophile Open-Air Headphones by TheJniac
- › AKG K 550 by ahnvx
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2