Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Shootout: 113 Portable Headphones Reviewed (Alpha Design Labs ADL H118 added 07/15/14)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Shootout: 113 Portable Headphones Reviewed (Alpha Design Labs ADL H118 added 07/15/14) - Page 236

post #3526 of 4401

Nice shootout. Thank you very much. Just ordered HFI-450's.

Hopefully I'll get them next friday beerchug.gif

post #3527 of 4401

     was listening to the zx700 of my friend and when is compared to the hd449 , i was like wow !! why would some one buy a zx700 ? may be because of the seal and build , but the hd449 aces the audio quality , at least thats what i feel . i hope joker will do a review of the hd449 soon .

post #3528 of 4401

Thanks, this thread caused me to lurk head-fi and resulted in my learning much more about headphones, amps, speakers, DACs, etc. I also got ATH-M50s because of this thread.

post #3529 of 4401

Ah, remember when I was a lurker, good memoriesbeerchug.gif

post #3530 of 4401
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by That Person View Post

Thanks, this thread caused me to lurk head-fi and resulted in my learning much more about headphones, amps, speakers, DACs, etc. I also got ATH-M50s because of this thread.

 

Very glad to hear that! I good hooked the same way, on a thread comparing several clip-ons posted by Kostalex years ago. The first head-fi thread I bookmarked. 

post #3531 of 4401

It would be good to see the Monoprice 8323 in this list. It is somewhat portable, compares in terms of looks and size of the Panasonics, and would be a decent benchmark on your opinions on them compared to other headphones.

post #3532 of 4401

Hey joker, I'd love if you could help me a little. I'm looking to buy an Over Ear headphone at maximum 60$, perferably less. Portability isn't very important, but it would be nice if they could fold up. It's really important to me that the treble will be good, smooth and not grainy and painful, since I've had headphones that are like that.

I've been looking at the Panasonic RP HTF600S, should I buy these? Do you have a better suggestion?

Edit: As far as music goes, I listen mostly to rock and metal (anywhere from Pink Floyd to Pantera and Lamb of God), however I also listen to some jazz and orchestral music. I do listen to some tracks that utilize bass in a more modern form, but not alot :P


Edited by Orel - 10/14/12 at 8:11am
post #3533 of 4401
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orel View Post

Hey joker, I'd love if you could help me a little. I'm looking to buy an Over Ear headphone at maximum 60$, perferably less. Portability isn't very important, but it would be nice if they could fold up. It's really important to me that the treble will be good, smooth and not grainy and painful, since I've had headphones that are like that.

I've been looking at the Panasonic RP HTF600S, should I buy these? Do you have a better suggestion?

Edit: As far as music goes, I listen mostly to rock and metal (anywhere from Pink Floyd to Pantera and Lamb of God), however I also listen to some jazz and orchestral music. I do listen to some tracks that utilize bass in a more modern form, but not alot :P


 What options are available in your area?

post #3534 of 4401
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbamg View Post


 What options are available in your area?

 

I live in Israel so there aren't really good options in a good price, I'm planning on buying the headphones from eBay. It's also possible to buy from Amazon or an eBay seller that only sells to the US, since my girlfriend has a relative there that can get it to me.
 

post #3535 of 4401
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sycho View Post

It would be good to see the Monoprice 8323 in this list. It is somewhat portable, compares in terms of looks and size of the Panasonics, and would be a decent benchmark on your opinions on them compared to other headphones.

 

Actually I think the 8323 is more portable than the Panasonics - the cups are smaller and they fold. Plus, the cable is short (and removable). I think it's pretty good but not as good as the HTF-600. It's a little dark-sounding and wouldn't score above a 7 on sound. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orel View Post

Hey joker, I'd love if you could help me a little. I'm looking to buy an Over Ear headphone at maximum 60$, perferably less. Portability isn't very important, but it would be nice if they could fold up. It's really important to me that the treble will be good, smooth and not grainy and painful, since I've had headphones that are like that.

I've been looking at the Panasonic RP HTF600S, should I buy these? Do you have a better suggestion?

Edit: As far as music goes, I listen mostly to rock and metal (anywhere from Pink Floyd to Pantera and Lamb of God), however I also listen to some jazz and orchestral music. I do listen to some tracks that utilize bass in a more modern form, but not alot :P

 

I think highly of the HTF600 but I have to point out that they don't fold up in any way. Other than that they're probably the best you'll get for the money. 

post #3536 of 4401
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljokerl View Post

 

Actually I think the 8323 is more portable than the Panasonics - the cups are smaller and they fold. Plus, the cable is short (and removable). I think it's pretty good but not as good as the HTF-600. It's a little dark-sounding and wouldn't score above a 7 on sound. 

 

 

I think highly of the HTF600 but I have to point out that they don't fold up in any way. Other than that they're probably the best you'll get for the money. 

Thanks for the reply! :)

Would you mind telling me a little about the treble of the HTF600 and do you think I'll be satisfied with it?

Also, would you mind comparing the HTF600 to headphones like the HD428 and the Shure SRH440? These are headphones I had little experience with, I liked them both, especially the SRH440.

Thanks alot in advance! :)

post #3537 of 4401
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orel View Post

 

I live in Israel so there aren't really good options in a good price, I'm planning on buying the headphones from eBay. It's also possible to buy from Amazon or an eBay seller that only sells to the US, since my girlfriend has a relative there that can get it to me.
 

 

https://www.blinq.com/#consumer-electronics/headphones/sony-dr-zx701ip-drzx701ip-monitor-headphones-for-iphone/81733

 

Have your girlfriend get her relative to order these.

 

I read the part where ljokerl says that the HTF600 trebles lack refinement and can get a little grainy at times, so I was wondering if you were willing to get headphones which have less prominent but smoother trebles.


Edited by mbamg - 10/14/12 at 11:55am
post #3538 of 4401
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbamg View Post

 

https://www.blinq.com/#consumer-electronics/headphones/sony-dr-zx701ip-drzx701ip-monitor-headphones-for-iphone/81733

 

Have your girlfriend get her relative to order these.

Thanks for the link! That's half the price on Joker's review of the ZX700.

Joker, what's your opinion for these? Is it a better option than the HTF600?

post #3539 of 4401
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orel View Post

Thanks for the reply! :)

Would you mind telling me a little about the treble of the HTF600 and do you think I'll be satisfied with it?

Also, would you mind comparing the HTF600 to headphones like the HD428 and the Shure SRH440? These are headphones I had little experience with, I liked them both, especially the SRH440.

Thanks alot in advance! :)

 

The HD428 has much less bass than the HTF600 and a flatter, less v-shaped sound overall. I actually quite like the HD428 - it's the headphone that sits at my computer, though if the HTF didn't get so hot with prolonged use I'd probably have kept that instead. Never heard the SRH440.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orel View Post

Thanks for the link! That's half the price on Joker's review of the ZX700.

Joker, what's your opinion for these? Is it a better option than the HTF600?

 

Good price. The ZX700 is definitely smoother than the HTF600. Good sound overall, could use a little more sub-bass to definitively beat the HTF600 in my book but it's warm and punchy. Doesn't fold for transport. 

post #3540 of 4401
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljokerl View Post

 

The HD428 has much less bass than the HTF600 and a flatter, less v-shaped sound overall. I actually quite like the HD428 - it's the headphone that sits at my computer, though if the HTF didn't get so hot with prolonged use I'd probably have kept that instead. Never heard the SRH440.

 

 

Good price. The ZX700 is definitely smoother than the HTF600. Good sound overall, could use a little more sub-bass to definitively beat the HTF600 in my book but it's warm and punchy. Doesn't fold for transport. 


Thanks again! :)

As I previously said, the bass isn't all that important to me. So the ZX700 is the better option? :)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Shootout: 113 Portable Headphones Reviewed (Alpha Design Labs ADL H118 added 07/15/14)