Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Shootout: 113 Portable Headphones Reviewed (Alpha Design Labs ADL H118 added 07/15/14)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Shootout: 113 Portable Headphones Reviewed (Alpha Design Labs ADL H118 added 07/15/14) - Page 232

post #3466 of 4402

@joker

mp4nation are having the HM3 on sale for $38 including a stand. how much of a deal are they?  or are there something else to consider?

thanks

 

my main concern, apart from the sound, is the comfort/size. 


Edited by Zelda - 9/29/12 at 10:13am
post #3467 of 4402
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by suman134 View Post

 

      is there a cure for that ?

 

Yeah, if the "KO" one sounds better than "OK" on those cans you gotta open them up and change the polarity (swap the wires between the terminals) on one of the drivers. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda View Post

@joker

mp4nation are having the HM3 on sale for $38 including a stand. how much of a deal are they?  or are there something else to consider?

thanks

 

my main concern, apart from the sound, is the comfort/size. 

 

Pretty good deal, they are pleasant all-rounders (assuming they are the same as the Fischer FA-004). Comfort is okay and they are pretty small, though they don't fold. Isolation is mediocre. 

post #3468 of 4402

thanks man , will try that , hope i dont mess up with those .

post #3469 of 4402
Quote:
Originally Posted by suman134 View Post

thanks man , will try that , hope i dont mess up with those .


They can be had cheaper. The company that makes them (Yoga) and the Fischers, also sells them to insipio. They can be found on Amazon for 30 in numerous colors. http://amzn.com/B005Q311Y0

post #3470 of 4402
Quote:
Originally Posted by scootsit View Post


They can be had cheaper. The company that makes them (Yoga) and the Fischers, also sells them to insipio. They can be found on Amazon for 30 in numerous colors. http://amzn.com/B005Q311Y0

 

       these are imports for me . why these guys put the wires visible , put that inside like hd449 or stretch . today got another one with one side broke , and thank fully my friend works at a audio store and i will send them to him , afraid of things that dont have a warranty on them .

post #3471 of 4402

Hey there. :)

 

I could need a little advice from you guys...

 

Looking for a new pair of ultra-portables for the library. At the moment I'm using an old pair of PX-100 and already owned V-Jays, which I like quite a lot but they're broken.

 

So it's time for new headphones... and I'm quite stuck between the possibilities. ;)

 

- AKG K422, they did get quite good reviews and I like that they're open (in terms of comfort)

 

- Beyer DTX501p, quite new and didn't find much except from postrock's impressions: [url=http://www.head-fi.org/t/614729/compact-portable-headphone-roundup-16-phones-including-portapro-px-100-ii-v-jays-tracks-k430-and-more/180#post_8737202]LINK[/url] The question stands if they're identical to the Soundmagic P30 - which are half the price! [url=http://www.amazon.com/SoundMAGIC-Portable-Folding-Headphones-Black/dp/B005F1O38O]LINK[/url]

 

- PX-100 II ... would be a no brainer but I'd really like to get something new. ;)

 

- JVC HA-S500 ... much discussion about those. Don't really know if it's just nice for modding or if it's stock / out-of-box also good!?

 

At the moment I'm leaning towards the DTX501p as it seems to be comfortable, has good mids, solid bass and decent isolation... all of those things are quite important to me.

 

Any suggestions?

 

Thanks a bunch and best regards.

bearmann

post #3472 of 4402
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearmann View Post

Hey there. :)

 

I could need a little advice from you guys...

 

Looking for a new pair of ultra-portables for the library. At the moment I'm using an old pair of PX-100 and already owned V-Jays, which I like quite a lot but they're broken.

 

So it's time for new headphones... and I'm quite stuck between the possibilities. ;)

 

- AKG K422, they did get quite good reviews and I like that they're open (in terms of comfort)

 

- Beyer DTX501p, quite new and didn't find much except from postrock's impressions: [url=http://www.head-fi.org/t/614729/compact-portable-headphone-roundup-16-phones-including-portapro-px-100-ii-v-jays-tracks-k430-and-more/180#post_8737202]LINK[/url] The question stands if they're identical to the Soundmagic P30 - which are half the price! [url=http://www.amazon.com/SoundMAGIC-Portable-Folding-Headphones-Black/dp/B005F1O38O]LINK[/url]

 

- PX-100 II ... would be a no brainer but I'd really like to get something new. ;)

 

- JVC HA-S500 ... much discussion about those. Don't really know if it's just nice for modding or if it's stock / out-of-box also good!?

 

At the moment I'm leaning towards the DTX501p as it seems to be comfortable, has good mids, solid bass and decent isolation... all of those things are quite important to me.

 

Any suggestions?

 

Thanks a bunch and best regards.

bearmann

 

I would probably get something closed or semi-closed for library use. I don't know about the DTX501p but the P30 is also comfortable, has good bass, and decent isolation - would be a great choice. Another one is the new Astrotec AS-200HD, which are a little cheaper but sound pretty similar with enhanced bass, yet clear sound. Apparently they have "overweight bass": http://www.ebay.com/itm/Astrotec-AS200-Overweight-Bass-Portable-Headphone-/180981080741?pt=UK_AudioVisualElectronics_HomeAudioHiFi_Headphones&hash=item2a235022a5

post #3473 of 4402
Quote:
Originally Posted by suman134 View Post
 the other one is ( same model , both are cheap imports ) with a hollowed sound , the vocal and instruments sounds a bit farther . bass seems to be suppressed and lagging but in bass tracks its feels normal . it feels like its born with a bigger sound stage but its not .

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootsit View Post

I have a hunch there is some short in the one with the bad bass on the right side. Likely an easier fix than the ones that just sound bad.

 

 

 

The short could be a broken ground wire as well. I've heard this phenomena before.

post #3474 of 4402

Just curious, was it a conscious decision not to include the philips fidelio L1 or they simply weren't available?

post #3475 of 4402
Quote:
Originally Posted by please22 View Post

Just curious, was it a conscious decision not to include the philips fidelio L1 or they simply weren't available?

 

I own a pair of Fidelio L1s myself and I really wouldn't call them 'portable'! It's true, that you see some folks walking around with a K701 or HD600 or RS1... but at least for me the L1 (and all those other headphones I mentioned) would be way to bulky and to open for portable use. Just imagine a 15 minute walk with a L1 under light rain or misty weather? Due to the (very!) open architecture the cans could be damaged quite easily.

 

Just my 2 cents.

 

bearmann

post #3476 of 4402

how bad is the philips stretch ?

post #3477 of 4402

Sorry, I'm not familiar with the term 'Philip's strech' ... what do you mean?

post #3478 of 4402
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearmann View Post

Sorry, I'm not familiar with the term 'Philip's strech' ... what do you mean?

 

I don't think he was directing that question at you... smile.gif

 

"The Stretch" is a heaphone model from Philips. See here: http://www.usa.philips.com/c/headphones/sho9560_28/prd/

post #3479 of 4402
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearmann View Post

Sorry, I'm not familiar with the term 'Philip's strech' ... what do you mean?

 

     sorry for the confusion , i didnt saw you talking about the L1 and didnt mentioned it more specifically . i not looking for top tier phones cuz my hd598 are still doing good and am looking forward to the new sennheisers . and man , for rain and things you cant escape it until you have something which is water proof or totally closed . in rain i just stays back , closes my windows gets my small rig up , tunes on the slow jazz , and get lost with it .

      but i would like to hear about the philips L1 from you , how does it fit ? heard from a friend that they are not so comfortable , and yeah i under stand comfort is a personal issue , how is the sq , can it take on the hd251-II ? , will get a hands on them as soon as they get officially here .

 

      can you help with the stretch ? i am going on a small tour and dont wanna take the hd598 out so i think sho9560 will help . im trying to figure out , how bad are these when it come to sq .


Edited by suman134 - 10/1/12 at 1:10pm
post #3480 of 4402
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by please22 View Post

Just curious, was it a conscious decision not to include the philips fidelio L1 or they simply weren't available?

 

Can't review everything out there due to time/budget constraints.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearmann View Post

 

I own a pair of Fidelio L1s myself and I really wouldn't call them 'portable'! It's true, that you see some folks walking around with a K701 or HD600 or RS1... but at least for me the L1 (and all those other headphones I mentioned) would be way to bulky and to open for portable use. Just imagine a 15 minute walk with a L1 under light rain or misty weather? Due to the (very!) open architecture the cans could be damaged quite easily.

 

Thanks, good to know. I've never seen one up close. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman134 View Post

how bad is the philips stretch ?

 

Pretty decent - I think I already posted the review. Balanced, not too clear but not bad, and very comfortable/durable/convenient. First pair I got had a channel imbalance but the 2nd one was fine. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Shootout: 113 Portable Headphones Reviewed (Alpha Design Labs ADL H118 added 07/15/14)