Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Shootout: 113 Portable Headphones Reviewed (Alpha Design Labs ADL H118 added 07/15/14)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Shootout: 113 Portable Headphones Reviewed (Alpha Design Labs ADL H118 added 07/15/14) - Page 221

post #3301 of 4405
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lavinachtani View Post

I am looking for a headphone in the range of $ 50-60. Currently i have a cyclone pr1 pro iem which i had bought reading your review.

 

I want good detail and soundstage but i like bass too which is controlled and doesn't extend into the mids.

 

I have read about the superlux hd 668b and takstar 2050 but can't decide which one from these. What are the differences between these 2.

 

There are also other superluxs and takstar models too but i dont know much about them. I also read somewhere that Jaycar Pro audio are also good for the price but can't find a review anywhere.

 

I mostly listen to classic rock and house music. I won't be using an amplifier to drive these but just my cowon d2. 

 

I have heard the Sennheiser hd 439 and they weren't bad. So i am confused which one to go for. Superlux, takstar or jaycar. Or sennheiser which i can buy locally. Are there any other headphones that i chould be considering?

 

While I'm not familiar with Takstar or Jaycar, I do think the HD668B fits your requirements and is still one of the better <$60 sets I've heard.

post #3302 of 4405

What is the cheapest Neutral circumaural on this list?

post #3303 of 4405
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by electronicmaji View Post

What is the cheapest Neutral circumaural on this list?

 

Probably the Sennheiser HD428. Refurb sets on ebay commonly go for <$30. 

post #3304 of 4405
I'm torn between the coby cv 185 and the Sony mdr zx100. They're both 10 dollars and have heard great reviews for both of them. Can anyone who has listened to these help me btw I listen to hiphop/rap so I'm slightly biased towards bass tongue.gif
post #3305 of 4405

ljokerl, I just noticed you have a P3 for sale, so can I assume your P3 review is about to "surface"? biggrin.gif

post #3306 of 4405

its not loading some of the pics

post #3307 of 4405
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by putente View Post

ljokerl, I just noticed you have a P3 for sale, so can I assume your P3 review is about to "surface"? biggrin.gif

 

After it goes, sure. 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikedonkeys39 View Post

its not loading some of the pics

 

Strange, they load if I open the links directly. Hopefully it'll get resolved.

post #3308 of 4405

Hey Joker, do you find Etymotics (specifically the HF3/2/5) to be colder and just as analytical as the DT1350s?


Edited by roma101 - 7/24/12 at 8:52pm
post #3309 of 4405
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by roma101 View Post

Hey Joker, do you find Etymotics (specifically the HF3/2/5) to be colder and just as analytical as the DT1350s?

 

Yes, although it's worth mentioning that I have custom tips for my Etys that go to the 2nd bend of my ear canal so I don't find them to be as bright as many of the impressions I've read. 

post #3310 of 4405
Thanks for the response Joker. Would you say the DTs are more detailed than the HF3 or on the same level? I myself don't find them particularly bright - I'd call them neutral to my ears - and I have the triflanges with these. I feel that something like the HD25 is more on the bright, slightly edgier side in comparison.
post #3311 of 4405
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by roma101 View Post

Thanks for the response Joker. Would you say the DTs are more detailed than the HF3 or on the same level? I myself don't find them particularly bright - I'd call them neutral to my ears - and I have the triflanges with these. I feel that something like the HD25 is more on the bright, slightly edgier side in comparison.

 

About the same level except that the DT1350 is more dynamic, Agreed on the HF5 being neutral, maybe even a touch warm compared to some other IEMs out there.

post #3312 of 4405

Sorry posted in the wrong thread ..


Edited by Yloss - 7/26/12 at 3:18am
post #3313 of 4405
Thanks again Joker, that helps a lot.
post #3314 of 4405

Hey Guys, time for new headphone / earbuds!.  Recommendations greatly appreciated.

 

Previous Favorite Headphone:  Sennheiser CX500, Sennheiser IE6 (my favorite so far, but lost them :(, and Koss Porta Pro. While I feel the porta pros don't sound as good as the Sennheisers, they are more comfortable.

 

Earbuds or Headphone: Preferably Earbuds, since these are for my portable rig

 

MP3 Player in Use: Sony A series 16gb.

 

Type of Music: Hans Zimmer, John Williams, Soundtracks (Instrumental),  Pop, Soft rock, Taylor Swift, Bollywood, Vocals.  Evenely divded

 

Price Range - $200ish and under.

 

Tried, but don't like so far: Logitech Ultimate Ears Triple fi 10 , Sony Extra Bass line, Sennheiser HD280.

 

Once again, thank you

post #3315 of 4405
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandaz93 View Post

Hey Guys, time for new headphone / earbuds!.  Recommendations greatly appreciated.

 

Previous Favorite Headphone:  Sennheiser CX500, Sennheiser IE6 (my favorite so far, but lost them :(, and Koss Porta Pro. While I feel the porta pros don't sound as good as the Sennheisers, they are more comfortable.

 

Earbuds or Headphone: Preferably Earbuds, since these are for my portable rig

 

MP3 Player in Use: Sony A series 16gb.

 

Type of Music: Hans Zimmer, John Williams, Soundtracks (Instrumental),  Pop, Soft rock, Taylor Swift, Bollywood, Vocals.  Evenely divded

 

Price Range - $200ish and under.

 

Tried, but don't like so far: Logitech Ultimate Ears Triple fi 10 , Sony Extra Bass line, Sennheiser HD280.

 

Once again, thank you

 

The in-ear thread is here. If you liked the IE6 I would recommend looking around for a used IE8 - not at all unreasonable with that budget. Alternatives would be the Radius TWF11 DDM (if you can find one) or maybe the Yamaha EPH-100. Really depends on what exactly you're after signature-wise. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Shootout: 113 Portable Headphones Reviewed (Alpha Design Labs ADL H118 added 07/15/14)