Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Shootout: 113 Portable Headphones Reviewed (Alpha Design Labs ADL H118 added 07/15/14)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Shootout: 113 Portable Headphones Reviewed (Alpha Design Labs ADL H118 added 07/15/14) - Page 9

post #121 of 4402
Thread Starter 
I've actually taken shots (on ebay) at both the Rolands and the Yamahas. I guess I wasn't interested enough to actually bid competitively - the RH10MS has always interested me more but I've been unable to get one of those as well.

As for the mini Denons, I may get a chance to borrow those from a friend at a later date. Certainly have looked at them before but they are mentioned around these parts very rarely.
post #122 of 4402
Lower-end Yamaha models are made of cheap plastic and have a reputation for breaking.

RH-50 and up are pretty decent kit. They're a bit slow next to the newer headphones, but they compensate by midrange detail and airiness.

AH-P372 outperform the K-81, except maybe for those seeking a boombox on ears.
post #123 of 4402
One of the best reviews I've read, though I'm looking forward to if you ever get around to circumaurals < $70 as well. Most people get cans in this pricerange once or twice - they move on to a higher price tier once they get a taste. I hear "Competes unbelievably well for a $40 headphone - only one I would consider buying" applied to everything at this pricepoint, without too much real comparison.
post #124 of 4402
any chance of reviewing sennheiser HD228 yet
liked the reviews but i cant find the akg k81/518 anywhere in canada for a decent price sadly (and futureshop has a sale for HD228s for 70)
post #125 of 4402
Oh man, I'm so conflicted about the zebra pads.

They're so hideous, but I want a pair.
post #126 of 4402
Joker how come you didn't include the HD25-1? Just curious.
post #127 of 4402
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squalish View Post
One of the best reviews I've read, though I'm looking forward to if you ever get around to circumaurals < $70 as well. Most people get cans in this pricerange once or twice - they move on to a higher price tier once they get a taste. I hear "Competes unbelievably well for a $40 headphone - only one I would consider buying" applied to everything at this pricepoint, without too much real comparison.
Thanks . I think the HA-M750 qualify as circumaurals. The only other sub-$70 circumaurals I've got are the JVC HA-S700 and Equation EP-3070, reviews of which are coming soon .

Quote:
Originally Posted by slntdth93 View Post
any chance of reviewing sennheiser HD228 yet
More interested in the HD238 but amazon cancelled my order without explanation and then I got some other stuff, so I'm holding off on that for a little while. Hopefully will get my hands on the PX200-II fairly soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPoodz View Post
Oh man, I'm so conflicted about the zebra pads.

They're so hideous, but I want a pair.
I wish you could buy the earpollution pads separately. I'm rather intrigued by the optional mesh pads as well - they have the potential to be quite comfy without heating up one's ears.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshelton View Post
Joker how come you didn't include the HD25-1? Just curious.
Still working on that. Much easier to pin down the sound of lower-end headphones than the intricacies of higher-up gear.
post #128 of 4402
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljokerl View Post
Thanks . Still working on that. Much easier to pin down the sound of lower-end headphones than the intricacies of higher-up gear.
Ah ok
post #129 of 4402
Any chance to get a comparison to a MDR-V6? Mainly because I have that as my only full size (together with a bunch of IEMs) and wonder how they compare (it seems a bit silly to start to compare them to RE0)

@kshelton: where did you get the E7? Me wanna.
post #130 of 4402
Oh man, those Zebra pads are so awful they're beautiful.
post #131 of 4402
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljokerl View Post
Thanks . I think the HA-M750 qualify as circumaurals. The only other sub-$70 circumaurals I've got are the JVC HA-S700 and Equation EP-3070, reviews of which are coming soon .
If you're open to that market segment, here's what I'm trying to hash out right now, a selection between:
JVC HA-RX700
JVC HA-M750
Sennheiser HD485
Audio Technica ATH-SJ5
Audio Technica ATH-M30
Beyerdynamic DT235
DBI Pro 700

All K81DJ competitors in one way or another. I have rationale for rejecting some other cans at this pricepoint here.
post #132 of 4402
Thread Starter 
To be honest in terms of sound the RX700 is still a full head above any portable phone I've tried for the money. If modded it can easily beat the more expensive HA-M750 and even the CAL! and K81Dj. I liked them so much I bought a second set after selling my first one and missing it. That said, I've probably got a DBI700 coming in soon . I don't consider either the DBI700 or the RX700 portable though.
post #133 of 4402
Quote:
Originally Posted by buz View Post
Any chance to get a comparison to a MDR-V6? Mainly because I have that as my only full size (together with a bunch of IEMs) and wonder how they compare (it seems a bit silly to start to compare them to RE0)

@kshelton: where did you get the E7? Me wanna.
I had the E7 in red because I am waiting for it
post #134 of 4402
Well let's see if the E7 or the Icon Mobile turn out to be better, which ever gets the better reviews in a head to head comparison I will buy
post #135 of 4402
Joker I got my HD25s yesterday and I am in love
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Shootout: 113 Portable Headphones Reviewed (Alpha Design Labs ADL H118 added 07/15/14)