Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Shootout: 112 Portable Headphones Reviewed (Monster DNA Pro over-ear added 05/13/14)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Shootout: 112 Portable Headphones Reviewed (Monster DNA Pro over-ear added 05/13/14) - Page 228

post #3406 of 4370
M-80 is more balanced with less treble emphasis while the M50 has a pretty big amount of treble emphasis to my ears and slightly recessed mids. Both are good headphones but I personally prefer the M-80. Much more portable, good soundstage and better quality bass, mids and SQ overall. Just my 2 cents.
post #3407 of 4370
will you be reviewing the Sennheiser Amperior?
post #3408 of 4370
Quote:
Originally Posted by roma101 View Post

M-80 is more balanced with less treble emphasis while the M50 has a pretty big amount of treble emphasis to my ears and slightly recessed mids. Both are good headphones but I personally prefer the M-80. Much more portable, good soundstage and better quality bass, mids and SQ overall. Just my 2 cents.


Which version of the M50 are you talking about?

post #3409 of 4370
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by fauaad View Post

M80 vs M50.

What're the main differences between the two? How do their sound signatures differ? I see you've given the M50 a slightly better value score. Is it better than the M80?

 

I thought the M-50 has more treble emphasis and less midrange prominence than the M-80 as well as poorer soundstage depth. I agree with roma in giving the edge to the M-80 in all except comfort. 

 

In terms of value, I think the M50 was still selling for ~$120 when that review was written. If you can afford the V-Modas and don't mind on-ear headphones then by all means go for them.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazyredhead View Post

will you be reviewing the Sennheiser Amperior?

 

I'd like to at some point but don't think it will be in the near future.

post #3410 of 4370
White box version
post #3411 of 4370

I think it'd be cool if you did a review for the Sony MDR ZX300s. I have had a pair for almost a year, I can't get over how good they sound for $30. The only thing I had to do was put little flat foam discs under the ear cushions, over the speaker. They have a pretty bright sound that can be fatiguing unless there is some foam over the driver, which darkens it and makes it non-fatiguing. Out of box, there a very thin see through cover over the driver.

 

I made a thread a while ago, no one seemed to take interest, but they are truly good for their price, and probably give more expensive models a run for their money.
 

post #3412 of 4370
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by swaffleman View Post

I think it'd be cool if you did a review for the Sony MDR ZX300s. I have had a pair for almost a year, I can't get over how good they sound for $30. The only thing I had to do was put little flat foam discs under the ear cushions, over the speaker. They have a pretty bright sound that can be fatiguing unless there is some foam over the driver, which darkens it and makes it non-fatiguing. Out of box, there a very thin see through cover over the driver.

 

I made a thread a while ago, no one seemed to take interest, but they are truly good for their price, and probably give more expensive models a run for their money.
 

 

Older Sony portables seem to be hit or miss but they certainly seem to be improving quickly on the whole. I would probably buy a newer Sony portable sight unseen at this point. 


Edited by ljokerl - 9/11/12 at 9:10pm
post #3413 of 4370

does the sennheiser hd518 need amping ?

post #3414 of 4370
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by suman134 View Post

does the sennheiser hd518 need amping ?

 

Not a clue..

post #3415 of 4370

never mind .
 

post #3416 of 4370

I've been using my ATH-M50s for a few day now and I'm very impressed. I don't think I'll buy anything from V-Moda again, especially after returning those nightmarish Crossfade LPs.

Btw, is there any particular reason there are no Ultrasones on this thread?

post #3417 of 4370
The V-MODA M-Series (M-80/M-100) is totally different than the LP series (ie much better and aimed at a more audiophile sound). I wouldn't rule them out altogether based on an experience with the LP. Especially since the incoming M-100 is supposed to be comparable to the Ultrasone Sig Pro.
Edited by roma101 - 9/13/12 at 6:03am
post #3418 of 4370

Review for JVC HA-S500 ?

post #3419 of 4370
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by faisal2003456 View Post

I've been using my ATH-M50s for a few day now and I'm very impressed. I don't think I'll buy anything from V-Moda again, especially after returning those nightmarish Crossfade LPs.

Btw, is there any particular reason there are no Ultrasones on this thread?

 

There are three Ultrasones already - the HFI-450, HFI-15G, and Zino. I own four more - the HFI-780, PRO 550, PRO 650, and PRO 750. Haven't had time to review those, though.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricardo Dawkins View Post

Review for JVC HA-S500 ?

 

Planned.

post #3420 of 4370
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljokerl View Post

 

There are three Ultrasones already - the HFI-450, HFI-15G, and Zino. I own four more - the HFI-780, PRO 550, PRO 650, and PRO 750. Haven't had time to review those, though.

 

 

I'm sorry, I meant in Tier A. Thanks again for the great thread.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Shootout: 112 Portable Headphones Reviewed (Monster DNA Pro over-ear added 05/13/14)