New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HF-2 - Page 54

post #796 of 1149
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABathingApe View Post
"All metal work for the Music Series Two is machined from a special non-resonant, very hard alloy."


So it's probably not aluminum like the HF-2's.
Ah that is a possible explanation.
post #797 of 1149
Quote:
Originally Posted by K3cT View Post
I just got my shipping notification today. Now the 2nd waiting game begins and I sincerely hope that EMS will make a significant difference time-wise versus Priority.

Just for curiosity, does FedEx have the tendency to charge you with extra fees when receiving your items? I had a bad experience using DHL so I'm a bit wary using those express parcel services now.
What's your order number? Hopefully Todd has crossed into the #5900s (I'm #5975)
post #798 of 1149
Quote:
Originally Posted by K3cT View Post
I just got my shipping notification today. Now the 2nd waiting game begins and I sincerely hope that EMS will make a significant difference time-wise versus Priority.

Just for curiosity, does FedEx have the tendency to charge you with extra fees when receiving your items? I had a bad experience using DHL so I'm a bit wary using those express parcel services now.
I recently got a package of clothing in from the States to Canada via Fedex and thought I got away scotch free. But there was a follow up invoice with extra charges like a month later. You may get dinged if you went Fedex.
post #799 of 1149
Quote:
Originally Posted by K3cT View Post
Just for curiosity, does FedEx have the tendency to charge you with extra fees when receiving your items? I had a bad experience using DHL so I'm a bit wary using those express parcel services now.
FedEx absolutely charges for "brokerage," and through the nose, too. EMS is run through Canada Post here, so duties are collected but brokerage charge is modest at 5.00.

o
post #800 of 1149
Quote:
Originally Posted by esco View Post
What's your order number? Hopefully Todd has crossed into the #5900s (I'm #5975)
No news - #5889 ............
post #801 of 1149
Quote:
Originally Posted by esco View Post
What's your order number? Hopefully Todd has crossed into the #5900s (I'm #5975)
I was charged on Friday the 14th and got my shipping notice and tracking number for order #5881 today (August 18th). Hope this helps those trying to figure out their shipping dates.

Zen
post #802 of 1149
#230 arrived today. So far so good. Impression will come soon.
post #803 of 1149
I decided to look into this build quality issue in more depth, so I removed the HF-2s from my head and have done an exhaustive inspection and still cannot find ANY marks, abrasions, scuffs, nicks anywhere my pair seem to have blessed (must be the perfection that runs in the family). I have decided now to stop listening to them altogether and simply spend all of my time looking at them, admiring them while I use other sonically inferior phones for my listening displeasure. After all it IS the visual not the aural - right?
post #804 of 1149
Quote:
Originally Posted by les_garten View Post
Mine looked fine till I put on my Reading glasses
Leave the pads on and you don't see the glue.
Back in '99 I had Lasik done to both of my eyes. Before the surgery, my vision was 20/200 in both the left and right sides.
People were a lot better looking then. As soon as I had my vison correction, I realized that a good percentage of the human population is damn fugly!
Perhaps we would be a happier society if we all had poor vision. More tolerant, at least. Rose colored glasses so to speak.
post #805 of 1149
Quote:
Originally Posted by charliex View Post
I decided to look into this build quality issue in more depth, so I removed the HF-2s from my head and have done an exhaustive inspection and still cannot find ANY marks, abrasions, scuffs, nicks anywhere my pair seem to have blessed (must be the perfection that runs in the family). I have decided now to stop listening to them altogether and simply spend all of my time looking at them, admiring them while I use other sonically inferior phones for my listening displeasure. After all it IS the visual not the aural - right?
Well, lets take the two scenarios we have here.

Yours are perfect, some are not, like mine. If you take care of yours and don't abuse them, don't get any rubs, dings, or scratches on them. Then yours will be worth more than mine if resale were to become necessary. Basically a lot of Grados are sold as A-Stock but are really B-Stock. I'll have to disclose all the bangs, nicks, rubs, etc.

I don't know if you buy 2nd hand gear, I do. I take off for every frayed cord or dinged cup. That effects the value. It detracts from new. I suspect if you buy 2nd hand gear you do the same. If I buy a car and it has scratched paint, sun faded upholstery and dinged fenders, those blemishes count off the price I will pay. It is still a car, as you would be quick to point out. But when I go to sell that beat up car, rest assured, the next buyer will want to discount those detractions. Only in the AudioPhool world is this even a conversation. Would you accept a Mercedes, BMW, or even a Honda as new if the fender was creased? It's ludicrous to defend slipshod work.

My choices?

1) Send them back
2) Keep them
3) Sell them now or later and disclose that mine are Facto Dinged like a bunch of them out there.

They do sound great and my plans are to keep them. However, it remains
a shame that the company:

Can't spell
Can't engrave and QC their work
Can't Glue something together without slopping Glue about
Can't work with delicate surfaces without banging them about
Can't resolve a problem without making it worse

I do enjoy listening to them though...

.
post #806 of 1149
Quote:
Originally Posted by les_garten View Post
Well, lets take the two scenarios we have here.

Yours are perfect, some are not, like mine. If you take care of yours and don't abuse them, don't get any rubs, dings, or scratches on them. Then yours will be worth more than mine if resale were to become necessary. Basically a lot of Grados are sold as A-Stock but are really B-Stock. I'll have to disclose all the bangs, nicks, rubs, etc.

I don't know if you buy 2nd hand gear, I do. I take off for every frayed cord or dinged cup. That effects the value. It detracts from new. I suspect if you buy 2nd hand gear you do the same. If I buy a car and it has scratched paint, sun faded upholstery and dinged fenders, those blemishes count off the price I will pay. It is still a car, as you would be quick to point out. But when I go to sell that beat up car, rest assured, the next buyer will want to discount those detractions. Only in the AudioPhool world is this even a conversation. Would you accept a Mercedes, BMW, or even a Honda as new if the fender was creased? It's ludicrous to defend slipshod work.

My choices?

1) Send them back
2) Keep them
3) Sell them now or later and disclose that mine are Facto Dinged like a bunch of them out there.

They do sound great and my plans are to keep them. However, it remains
a shame that the company:

Can't spell
Can't engrave and QC their work
Can't Glue something together without slopping Glue about
Can't work with delicate surfaces without banging them about
Can't resolve a problem without making it worse

I do enjoy listening to them though...

.
Well said.
post #807 of 1149
Quote:
Originally Posted by grawk View Post
International shipping takes longer than domestic, that's not a surprise to you is it?
I haven't been charged yet either.
post #808 of 1149
Received my Head-F1 HF2 on Monday 17/8. Order #5811. pic.im | Image for http://pic.im/9eE
post #809 of 1149
Just a bit OT, but care to join anyone?
post #810 of 1149
I'd like to but the moderators have forbidden me from socialising with other Head-Fiers. They say it's for the best. I trust them implicitly. If only I could trust myself.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)