Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › REVIEW: Head-direct.com HiFiMan EF2 tube Hybrid Amp with USB DAC
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

REVIEW: Head-direct.com HiFiMan EF2 tube Hybrid Amp with USB DAC - Page 83

post #1231 of 1319
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by espandon View Post

Hi guys,

 

I want to multiply the inputs of the EF2 so that i can plug my DAC and CD player at the same time. But how? Any ideas?


Not sure I understand the question.  You can plug in the CD player to the RCA inputs and the computer to the USB input, and then use the button on the front to choose which source to listen to.

 

post #1232 of 1319

Hi,

 

I am using another DAC with the amp.

 

So, basically i need two RCA's. One for my Dacmagic and one for my cd player. Any ideas?
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict View Post


Not sure I understand the question.  You can plug in the CD player to the RCA inputs and the computer to the USB input, and then use the button on the front to choose which source to listen to.

 



 

post #1233 of 1319
Quote:
Originally Posted by espandon View Post

Hi,

 

I am using another DAC with the amp.

 

So, basically i need two RCA's. One for my Dacmagic and one for my cd player. Any ideas?
 



 

 

Unplug old source, plug in new source.
 

 

post #1234 of 1319
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by espandon View Post

Hi,

 

I am using another DAC with the amp.

 

So, basically i need two RCA's. One for my Dacmagic and one for my cd player. Any ideas?
 


Feed the CD player's digital output into the DACmagic, and then hook the DACmagic into the EF2's RCA.  

 

post #1235 of 1319

Hi there, this is my first post and I have a question:

 

Would HiFiMan EF2 work fine with ortho headphones such as fostex T50RP?

Thanks

 
post #1236 of 1319
Quote:
Originally Posted by gosok View Post

Hi there, this is my first post and I have a question:

 

Would HiFiMan EF2 work fine with ortho headphones such as fostex T50RP?

Thanks

 


Yes, it works just fine with the T50RP. 

post #1237 of 1319
Quote:
Originally Posted by espandon View Post

Hi,

 

I am using another DAC with the amp.

 

So, basically i need two RCA's. One for my Dacmagic and one for my cd player. Any ideas?
 



Source Selector box (DIY or Radio shack has a cheap one). 

 

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3964911

 

This one looks even better:

http://www.amazon.com/TC-716-Stereo-Selector-BLACK-VERSION/dp/B0001F347K/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1332993016&sr=8-2


Edited by liamstrain - 3/28/12 at 8:50pm
post #1238 of 1319

I want to buy one recently. Has the imbalanced problem been solved?

What I found on China BBS said one year ago, 'the chinese version of EF2A changes to the ALPS Potentiometer, which slove the imbalanced problem of sound channe.'

 

Or whether I could replace it by myself?

 


Edited by Siming - 3/28/12 at 8:58pm
post #1239 of 1319

Good News From Head-direct

 

 

Dear XXX,

Yes, the imbalanced problem has been solved and the one selling on ebay is same as the one in China.



- head-director
post #1240 of 1319


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by liamstrain View Post



Source Selector box (DIY or Radio shack has a cheap one). 

 

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3964911

 

This one looks even better:

http://www.amazon.com/TC-716-Stereo-Selector-BLACK-VERSION/dp/B0001F347K/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1332993016&sr=8-2

 

Indeed, that looks good. It might even do the job too. Cheers
 

 

post #1241 of 1319

Well, that's good-bye to my EF2 - being superseded by DM+ :) It served me very well, must say! :)

post #1242 of 1319

does the EF-2 have enough to power LCD-2's?

post #1243 of 1319
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt head 777 View Post

does the EF-2 have enough to power LCD-2's?


It should have enough power - it's been a while since I tried, so I'd have to set up the EF2 again to try this if nobody else can offer feedback on the combo soon.

post #1244 of 1319

Will give this a try before purchasing a new amp/DAC. Ill let you guys know what happens when I receive the LCD-2's

post #1245 of 1319
Thread Starter 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run View Post

Will give this a try before purchasing a new amp/DAC. Ill let you guys know what happens when I receive the LCD-2's

 

From my recollection, the EF2 has enough power for the LCD-2 but not the original HE-5 or HE-5 LE.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › REVIEW: Head-direct.com HiFiMan EF2 tube Hybrid Amp with USB DAC