You'd have to ask Sennheiser but I think they just didn't want the hassle of including it per pair of headphones, then dealing with e-mails and calls from people who don't understand it etyc etc. This way is easier: you have to register so they have your details and presumably the people asking this will also understand it. That being said, I think it's a nice gimmick but tolerances are extremely tight anyway, any slight variation will be insignificant taken into consideration the basic sound sig that all the HD-800 share and variability in the rest of the audio chain.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Bought HD598, was dissapointed BUT... (updated impression after 5-10h~ish of use) Last post on 6/23/12 at 8:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
- What makes a good headphone? Last post on 3/31/14 at 8:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Japan is the headphone paradise, and here's the proof Last post on 12/20/16 at 7:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need some guidance on what sort of headphones to purchase Last post on 3/26/11 at 2:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheisers fall from grace. Last post on 11/3/16 at 7:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/11/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I try not to be an extremist and I try to give most products I review a decent amount of hearing before making any judgments on their quality but when a product reaches with a level of quality I...
A great purchase for under 180 pounds, these headphones blow the direct competition away when it comes to almost everything. They arrive in a nice premium package with a thick, high grade cable for...
A reasonably priced pair of premium Open back headphones. They are well made and super comfortable and have a luxurious appearance well suited to home hi fi use. Unlike other hi fidelity phones...
Disclaimer: Bhavneet from Burson Audio offered to send me the Cable+, with no return required, asking me only to post my honest evaluation of its performance when used with the Chromecast...
These headphones are much recommended online as a relatively cheap introduction into the world of high fidelity. They are functional and do not excessively grab attention visually. They are...
Sennheiser HD800 Certificate for Frequency Response Arrived - Page 31post #451 of 7173/1/14 at 3:13am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #452 of 7173/1/14 at 4:26amQuote:Agreed. I was just thinking about this because, some people including me only received the PDF of FR and not the physical certificate.Originally Posted by Xenophon
You'd have to ask Sennheiser but I think they just didn't want the hassle of including it per pair of headphones, then dealing with e-mails and calls from people who don't understand it etyc etc. This way is easier: you have to register so they have your details and presumably the people asking this will also understand it. That being said, I think it's a nice gimmick but tolerances are extremely tight anyway, any slight variation will be insignificant taken into consideration the basic sound sig that all the HD-800 share and variability in the rest of the audio chain.post #453 of 7173/5/14 at 3:49pmQuote:
Just got my graph in for my 27xxx and it looks pretty much the same as that one.
Took quite a while (well, maybe just a couple of hours) for the registration confirmation email to arrive and then a couple more hours for the graph to arrive afterwards.post #454 of 7173/5/14 at 10:53pmQuote:So mine was not alone after all and got a identical twin. Also I think sennheiser's are pretty fast in sending out FR graphs
now. I saw posts earlier took days to receive theirs.post #455 of 7173/5/14 at 11:41pmpost #456 of 7173/6/14 at 12:00ampost #457 of 7173/6/14 at 12:09ampost #458 of 7173/6/14 at 12:17ampost #459 of 7173/12/14 at 11:40ampost #460 of 7173/12/14 at 12:09pmQuote:post #461 of 7173/12/14 at 12:10pmGo to sennheiser.de then scroll down, click 'services' then 'register your product' and enter the details, most important the serial number. 800 is a good price, I assume it was used or a showroom model? I don't know if you can re-register in case the previous owner had already registered.post #462 of 7173/12/14 at 12:41pm
thanks guys, I registered on en-uk.sennheiser.com , is it the same of the .de version?!
It was brand new, there was an online offer on Mediaworld (hitech chain stores in italy) for the past weekend
Edited by Blasyrkh - 3/12/14 at 12:42pmpost #463 of 7173/12/14 at 12:45pmpost #464 of 7173/12/14 at 12:48pmVery strange, normally Sennheiser are very strict with their dealers about pricing, exactly to avoid actions like this that upset the regular dealer network and put their wholesale price under pressure. i purchased mine at a stock clearance sale for 900 and the seller was acting like if it were a drugs deal. But hey, if it worked for you then so much the better.post #465 of 7173/12/14 at 12:59pmQuote:Originally Posted by ghibliss
Follow this link to the Sennheiser website which takes you to the "registration"page. Complete the form and you are all set!
thanks to you too, I already registered!Quote:Originally Posted by Xenophon
Very strange, normally Sennheiser are very strict with their dealers about pricing, exactly to avoid actions like this that upset the regular dealer network and put their wholesale price under pressure. i purchased mine at a stock clearance sale for 900 and the seller was acting like if it were a drugs deal. But hey, if it worked for you then so much the better.
actually on this shop there are some good deals for sennheiser, it happened exactly one year ago when I bought the hd700.
I just bought the HD700 from another dealer for 560€, and I found out that on Mediaworld online it was 480 (20% off retail price of 600€). So I asked to the one I bought it that I found the hd700 for less and I wanted a refund. The store told me that he had to ask to the italian distributor if he would be able to refund me the difference (80€). He told me then that the distributor didn't let him make the discount because there were strict rules about pricing, and that was strange that Mediaworld was allowed to do that price. So I didn't have the refund.
This time I got lucky :P
- Sennheiser HD800 Certificate for Frequency Response Arrived
- Headphone Impedance
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 2 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 3 seconds ago
- › WA22 let's roll some tubes (Done Mod, Burnning-in) 58 seconds ago
- › Schiit Freya Impressions and Tube Rolling Thread 1 minute ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆ 1 minute ago
- › Is there a meaningful limit to resolution? Optics analogy to Audio 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 2 minutes ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 2 minutes ago
- › Experimental Rock Music (Space Rock, Psychedelic Rock, Gothic Rock,... 2 minutes ago
- › The Traditional Metal Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Sangdo Headset Mic for Sony MH EX300AP L36H L36I C6603 LT26II LT28H... by Griffith
- › Denon AH-D600 by theminstrel
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by theminstrel
- › Burson Audio Cable+ by markbrauer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by theminstrel
- › FiiO E17 by theminstrel
- › Sony NWZ-A15 Walkman Video MP3 Player (16GB) - Black by theminstrel
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 by theminstrel
- › Shure SRH750 DJ Headphones (Black) by theminstrel
- › Sennheiser HD 449 Headphones by theminstrel
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear