Exactly...it seems that only the very early versions are a bit different.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Bought HD598, was dissapointed BUT... (updated impression after 5-10h~ish of use) Last post on 6/23/12 at 8:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
- What makes a good headphone? Last post on 9/19/11 at 10:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Japan is the headphone paradise, and here's the proof Last post on 8/31/11 at 5:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need some guidance on what sort of headphones to purchase Last post on 3/26/11 at 2:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheisers fall from grace. Last post on 3/9/11 at 4:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)
Edited on 12/28/12
- Comparing headphones: Sennheiser's HD 800, HD 600, HD 25-1 and...Edited on 5/27/12
- Grado Modification OverviewEdited on 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceEdited on 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeEdited on 10/26/12
Upon initial listening with these buds, I was rather unimpressed as I heard the rather familiar bloated mid-bass, sharp highs, and lack of mids that SKDY's old line carried. Then I realized that...
The VSD1 is the latest in a rather long line of budget in ear monitors including the VC02, GR99, GR02 and others that promises high quality sound for around $50 or so. While I haven’t had...
I tried a few Grado's —didn't like the Grado house sound—, a few Senn's —HD650 left a good impression—, a few lower-end AT's —I thought the AD700 were impressive for the price— and after reading...
In my recent quest for a new set of cans, I took a slight detour into the land of flashy prosumer headphones, in the form of the HK CL. The only reason I tried a pair was the price: half off,...
The Creative Aurvana Live! solved a major problem for me—how to listen to good audio while walking the dog at night. I live near a commercial and bar district in Center City, Philadelphia and I'm...
Sennheiser HD800 Certificate for Frequency Response Arrived - Page 23post #331 of 3798/13/12 at 7:24pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #332 of 3798/13/12 at 9:56pmQuote:
Same here, got mine last week, S/N 17416 (waiting for my chart), so far after only a few hours i have no issues with the highs, i find them smooth & refined. The mids blow me away with how natural & precise they sound. Could i use slightly more bass weight? Sure, but overall i'm very, very happypost #333 of 3798/21/12 at 12:16pmpost #334 of 3798/21/12 at 1:16pmpost #335 of 3798/21/12 at 1:35pmpost #336 of 3798/21/12 at 1:37pmpost #337 of 3798/21/12 at 2:28pmpost #338 of 3798/21/12 at 2:58pmpost #339 of 3798/21/12 at 4:23pmpost #340 of 3798/27/12 at 6:43ampost #341 of 3798/27/12 at 4:10pmpost #342 of 3798/28/12 at 5:40pmpost #343 of 3799/1/12 at 3:42ampost #344 of 3799/1/12 at 8:18ampost #345 of 3799/1/12 at 9:29am
Yours all have the 6khz peak just like everyone else's, sorry to tell you. It's just a change in the base reference or measurement positioning by 1mm. We've verified this using 5 different HD800s and correlating their Sennheiser charts to independent measurements from models ranging #5xx to #16xxx.
Edited by Anaxilus - 9/1/12 at 10:20am
- Sennheiser HD800 Certificate for Frequency Response Arrived
- Comparing headphones: Sennheiser's HD 800, HD 600, HD 25-1 and...
- › IEM for Sr-71B? for around $400 6 seconds ago
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 - a review in progress: Factory visit starting pg... 9 seconds ago
- › **MrSpeakers Mad Dog: Impressions and Discussion Thread** 57 seconds ago
- › Which budget CIEM (custom in ear monitor)? 1 minute ago
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Owner's Club / Appreciation /... 1 minute ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › New in ear buds for my new iPhone 5 2 minutes ago
- › Jitter Correlation to Audibility 2 minutes ago
- › DAC Upsampling and Entry Equipment Comparisons 3 minutes ago
- › Skullcandy S2SYDA-008 Merge Earbud Headphones - Black/Chrome by KodaO
- › VSONIC VSD1 by TheGame21x
- › Audio Technica W5000 by the wizard of oz
- › Harmon Kardon Classic On-Ear Headphones by imagic
- › Creative Aurvana Live! Headphones by imagic
- › JBL J33 Premium In-Ear Headphones - Black by Aakash
- › Hisoundaudio Wooduo 2 by iern
- › Apple iPod classic 160 GB Silver (7th Generation) NEWEST MODEL by jensy
- › Sony MDR-V55/BR DJ style Headphones by dietcoke2am
- › Creative Sound Blaster Tactic 3D Sigma USB Gaming Headset by imagic
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe