Exactly...it seems that only the very early versions are a bit different.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Bought HD598, was dissapointed BUT... (updated impression after 5-10h~ish of use) Last post on 6/23/12 at 8:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
- What makes a good headphone? Last post on 3/31/14 at 8:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Japan is the headphone paradise, and here's the proof Last post on 7/13/15 at 10:20pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need some guidance on what sort of headphones to purchase Last post on 3/26/11 at 2:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheisers fall from grace. Last post on 3/9/11 at 4:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 6/30/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/28/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The Shure SE215 is the first IEM I owned and was the one that brought me in head-fi. I got mine for around $95 at the time after reading some reviews online here and there. Since then, I've learned...
The overall sound is similar to the Audeze LCD-2F - slightly on the warm side of neutral, but without the ultimate resolution the LCD-2F has. And easier to drive so you can plug them into your...
I have covered Tube Amp’s portable amps in the past (here and here). While the company is called ‘Tube Amp’, they don’t limit themselves to only tube amp, but also discrete amp. The LF-15 however...
So, first off, I must say that for 200 dollars (or 170, in my case, for a unit that was previously a store-display model), you CANNOT go wrong with this superb little DAP. The soundstage and...
I bought a pair of these for a real steal (used, for 70 bucks, on Amazon) earlier this month and I am LOVING them more than almost any other purchase I've made in my life. They sound amazing. ....
Sennheiser HD800 Certificate for Frequency Response Arrived - Page 23post #331 of 6698/13/12 at 7:24pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #332 of 6698/13/12 at 9:56pmQuote:
Same here, got mine last week, S/N 17416 (waiting for my chart), so far after only a few hours i have no issues with the highs, i find them smooth & refined. The mids blow me away with how natural & precise they sound. Could i use slightly more bass weight? Sure, but overall i'm very, very happypost #333 of 6698/21/12 at 12:16pmpost #334 of 6698/21/12 at 1:16pmpost #335 of 6698/21/12 at 1:35pmpost #336 of 6698/21/12 at 1:37pmpost #337 of 6698/21/12 at 2:28pmpost #338 of 6698/21/12 at 2:58pmpost #339 of 6698/21/12 at 4:23pmpost #340 of 6698/27/12 at 6:43ampost #341 of 6698/27/12 at 4:10pmpost #342 of 6698/28/12 at 5:40pmpost #343 of 6699/1/12 at 3:42ampost #344 of 6699/1/12 at 8:18ampost #345 of 6699/1/12 at 9:29am
Yours all have the 6khz peak just like everyone else's, sorry to tell you. It's just a change in the base reference or measurement positioning by 1mm. We've verified this using 5 different HD800s and correlating their Sennheiser charts to independent measurements from models ranging #5xx to #16xxx.
Edited by Anaxilus - 9/1/12 at 10:20am
- Sennheiser HD800 Certificate for Frequency Response Arrived
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 25 seconds ago
- › Beyerdynamic T90 :D 43 seconds ago
- › Wells Audio - Headtrip amp 45 seconds ago
- › Comparisons: 25 of the Top Closed/Portable Headphones Around 1 minute ago
- › Looking for in-ear headphones for 50$ (rock, hip-hop & some... 1 minute ago
- › U.S. & CANADA REVIEW TOUR: Calyx PaT Portable DAC/Amp 1 minute ago
- › what is the best portable music player to have? 3 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 3 minutes ago
- › New headphone amplifier from Bryston 3 minutes ago
- › Good headphone recommendations? 3 minutes ago
- › Shure SE215 by KewStone
- › VSONIC GR07 by MRC001
- › Tube Amp LF-15 by ClieOS
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by goodyfresh
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-80 by goodyfresh
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by snellemin
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by lin0003
- › Bette 10MM 1+1 Hybrid Wood Black by BloodyPenguin
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 by sk2290
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by wrathzombie
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3