Klipsch doesn't seem to want to sell their tips on the website?? Do you recommend the single gel or the double flange? I have found both on Amazon.com
Related Forum Threads
- $200-$300 IEMs? Last post on 7/10/12 at 2:04am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New IEM manufacturer "Sonocore" from S.Korea Last post on 4/30/11 at 1:32pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Westone 3 or Westone UM3x? Last post on 1/18/11 at 9:32am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Opinion wanted: Westone 3 vs UE Tri.Fi 10 Pro Last post on 7/11/11 at 8:18am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I want to thank the MezeTeam over at Head Fi for allowing me the chance to review the 99 Classics as part of their Tour. You can purchase the 99 Classics in three colors right from their...
Disclaimer: I received this earphone for free from the manufacturers. I did my best not to let that color my opinion on the product, but my impressions may not be entirely without bias. Shozy...
Introduction: The Effect Audio is a Singapore brand that is known by some famous aftermarket cables. They offer Ares and Thor series headphone/IEM cables as well as Piccolino Ultimate and Eros...
Here is my review for the Brainwavz BLU-200 Bluetooth earphones. I must say that I really like and respect the Brainwavz brand and that they deserve attention with their high quality/budget...
Hello Fellow Headfiers, I own this DAC for atleast 7 months now and so I thought I would make a review cuz I'm planning to sell this :) (which I'll tell you why at the end of this review). I...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
in praise of etymotic HF5 - Page 9
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Thanks tinyman392, but I can't seem to actually purchase anything from the site. It has pictures of visa, MC, PayPal etc but they don't do anything and I don't a buy button anywhere in IE9 and Firefox. Reading the reviews there does suggest I will want to go single flange though from the sounds of it. But will wait for other's responses who have owned them. Just to be sure.
I almost forgot I do have these on order so will maybe wait and see what they are like. They can be had at the Earplug Store for anyone interested.
I currently have only the single gel on hand, so I can only vouch for those, which I'd certainly recommend for anyone looking for a deep, yet very comfortable fit.
That's OK tinyman392 the way they make the payment icons I thought they would work at first too :-). I tried IE and Firefox both a no-go, so I will be buying from Amazon or Ebay if I decide to try them out.
Thanks i2ehan, I buy the single larges if and when I do, I will also check out a local London drugs store as they often have tips for the larger manufacturers as well. If they don't have them though, I will just wait for these Earplug Store tips to arrive as anything from Amazon.com coming to Canada won't arrive until sometime in January anyway. Those funky earplug store ones are a trial pack BTW so after I will have plenty of sizes to try out and get a good fit hopefully.
OK since I bought the HF3 model with iphone controls I had not tried these with anything but my iPhone. But decided to try them with my desktop amp and computer DAC setup. All I can say is WOW do these ever scale up nicely with an amp! All areas are even cleaner and more powerfully represented including the bass. Very very happy right now. I guess I will take my Auzentech iPhone amp case with me tomorrow and see how it works as well. The only trick is having to slightly pull the jack back out to ensure the right bands are making contact otherwise they sound funny.
Add me to those praising this IEM (I just got the HF3, so same thing). i get a comfortable seal with the large tri-flanges. The etymotic iphone app is also a nice touch, it has come in handy probably 10 times in the past week.
I am still really enjoying this IEM, I have been jonesing to try something new but I think it's just my liking to try new things because these really do sound good with almost all of the music I listen to. The amount of detail they have really is on a new level in comparison to many higher end IEM's. I love being able to have such clarity and dare I say dynamics at low volume levels.
These actually make my GR07 sound dull and muddy in comparison as well as the SM3 (I have to state my SM3 may be damaged though so take the SM3 comment with a grain of salt until I get them repaired by Earsonics next month).
Just recieved the tips I listed above and they are an excellent deep insertion alternative to the tri-flange tips. The ridges are extremely soft and the bend helps them into the canal easier. I bought the 4 size sample pack and was glad as I would have likely guessed wrong and may actually end up using one size in one ear and another size in the other. Comfort wise I would say not quite as comfortable as the Shure Olives but much more comfortable than the tri-flanges. Isolation may be also better than the tri-flange tips and they have the same clarity and signature as the tri-flanges.
Edited by dweaver - 12/29/11 at 1:25am
Look what the UPS man brought me today :-)
Sound wise these just take the Etymotic's up a notch adding more bass and even more clarity. Isolation wise they are down right scary! Comfort wise I am still getting used to them so find Sony hybrid tips more comfortable but let's see what I think in a couple days. In comparison to tri flange there is no comparison though and they sound better to boot. So for those who suffer the tri's because of the sound quality, if you really like the Ety sound, these really need to be on your short list.
Edited by dweaver - 1/17/12 at 6:58pm
Can't see anything.
Also not surprised by the HF3 love, they're great IEMs flatter than both the SM3 and GR07s. You may want to try the PFEs though, similar sound with probably a bit more accuracy.
As for the Klipsch tips, I find the Large double flanges (which are more like a medium) to be best after trying all the sizes of single flanges while the small double flanges are simply way too small.
I think you should try something with a wider bore (adapter will probably be needed), that may improve the higher treble and soundstage. The new batch of Supertips are nice, they're more tapered than the old ones which allow a deeper fit.
Edited by Inks - 1/17/12 at 7:06pm
Glad to read your initial impressions, dweaver. I hope to have my molds in the next week or so. Getting excited.
I do wonder how the sound can be improved, as it looks as though the bore is seated further back when compared to standard Ety tips (with the possible exception of the gliders) or Shure olives. Maybe that depth doesn't correlate to SQ.
Please do post more thoughts if you have the time. Thanks!
- in praise of etymotic HF5
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Tennmak 3 seconds ago
- › Best sub-30$ CHINESE brands EARPHONES thread- Hidden Gems, Personal... 29 seconds ago
- › The all new Continental Dual Mono 1 minute ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 1 minute ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 1 minute ago
- › 6922 Tube Review - 17 Top 6922 6N23P E88CC CCa 7308 E188CC tubes 1 minute ago
- › X1 Custom Firmwares 2 minutes ago
- › Low End Theory 2 minutes ago
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 4 minutes ago
- › New Dragonfly Black and Red Discussion 4 minutes ago
- › Meze 99 Classics by Mshenay
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by C.C.S.
- › Effect Audio Leonidas by MikePortnoy
- › Brainwavz BLU-200 by DynamikeB
- › Marantz HD- DAC1High Definition USB DAC / Headphone Amp by Gamergtx260
- › Fidue A91 Sirius by flinkenick
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by getclikinagas
- › Yulong U100 by Spork67
- › Schiit Audio Bifrost DAC by bosiemoncrieff
- › AudioMinor Headphone Cables by flinkenick
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...