i think you probably want the 262, its a bit more bassy but still quiet mid centric and quiet a level above the little PL-50.
Related Forum Threads
- [POLL] Need help deciding on a pair of Mid Range IEMS [100-200 Dollars] Last post on 12/8/12 at 5:52pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Long lasting, Great sounding in-ear earphones under $60 (Australian) Last post on 8/24/12 at 1:59am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Recommendations for In-Ear Monitors Last post on 7/18/12 at 8:33pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for earphones, maximum budget 150 US$ Last post on 6/19/12 at 5:30am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best isolation-with-comfort under $100 ? Last post on 6/19/12 at 7:43am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
My first in-ear headphone. Always thought they couldn't be any good compared to the over-ear headphones. I was wrong. The looks are a matter of taste, so I keep that in the middle for a...
This is the veteran ex-flagship model from FitEar／須山補聴器 before the Mitsuharu Harada series (MH335DW) was released recently. The C435 is a 4 way crossover configuration, 5 drivers (2 highs, 2 mids 1...
I've spent the past week auditioning these new VSD1S by VSonic. Before this I was listening extensively to my dual dynamics JVC FXT90's and my dual armature UE 700. For a single dynamic driver that...
I started this review with the intention of pointing out the things I don't like about it, but man, there really isn't much I don't love about these. Out of the box they sound very thin and...
It does a good job as a DAC for my starving student amp. Eventually, I will probably upgrade but it works well enough. It is nice that it powers off of USB and doesn't take up tons of space.
Soundmagic PL-50 Review - Page 14post #196 of 2026/3/12 at 9:15amThread Starter
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #197 of 2026/3/12 at 9:47ampost #198 of 20211/22/12 at 8:00pm
As the PL-50 was introduced some three years ago, I am wondering if it is still considered a good buy? I can purchase one for $30 bundled with an E17 from Micca, and at that price I am sorely tempted. Currently, I have a Sony MH1C, MEE M11+, MTP Gold and an MD Tribute, so this would be my first BA IEM. But it is now 2012, almost 2013... A lot of new IEMs have been introduced since these hit the market.... Are there other budget BA IEMs I should consider?
Thanks!post #199 of 20211/24/12 at 7:39amThread Starterpost #200 of 2027/22/13 at 7:18am
I have a pair of these, awesome headphones don't have to cost more than $50.
I Especially love the imaging for me it's almost up there with the ba200's.
They compete well with any of my inears... especially for walking etc...post #201 of 2028/26/13 at 11:21ampost #202 of 2028/28/13 at 4:13amThread Starter
the pl50in comparison is much more mid centric, vocals are wonderful though, so buttery, creamy, good. trebles pretty good too, bass, well there isnt lots.
id say its worth giving a try, your zero is much more about being acousticaly neutral and faultless. the pl50 is about creamy buttery mids and sounding beautiful. its a different flavour.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Soundmagic PL-50 Review
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › The discovery thread.! Yamaha HPH-200 (PG 1110) !!.KEF... 8 seconds ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 1 minute ago
- › Ranking of 17 DACs and DAC Configurations 1 minute ago
- › HE-500, LCD2, D5000, DT770, SR80, on a speaker amp (Emotiva mini-X... 1 minute ago
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Parts/Overclocking) 2 minutes ago
- › Interconnect DIY question: which side to ground? 4 minutes ago
- › Superlux Express Train 6 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX50 Thread (New^4 firmware update! V1.2.2) 6 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 6 minutes ago
- › HiFiMan HE-500 (PRISTINE AS UNUSED) 7 minutes ago
- › Philips S2BK/28 Fidelio In-Ear Headsets by Antilochos
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by TheLastDevil
- › VSONIC VSD1S by IEMagnet01
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by eightbitpotion
- › NuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone... by jshaffe
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by jshaffe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by jshaffe
- › MartinLogan Mikros 90 Reference On-Ear Headphones, Black by pataburd
- › Logitech UE 6000 by Trunks159
- › MEElectronics SP51-BK Sound Preference In-Ear Headphone with Sound... by Benik3
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi