i think you probably want the 262, its a bit more bassy but still quiet mid centric and quiet a level above the little PL-50.
Related Forum Threads
- [POLL] Need help deciding on a pair of Mid Range IEMS [100-200 Dollars] Last post on 12/8/12 at 5:52pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Long lasting, Great sounding in-ear earphones under $60 (Australian) Last post on 8/24/12 at 1:59am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Recommendations for In-Ear Monitors Last post on 7/18/12 at 8:33pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for earphones, maximum budget 150 US$ Last post on 6/19/12 at 5:30am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best isolation-with-comfort under $100 ? Last post on 6/19/12 at 7:43am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I have owned my HD600 for 12-15 years now. I had to change headband and earpad de to weare after 10 years. I believe the Sennheiser HD600 is my best purchase EVER no matter what! I am extremely...
Great headphones. Seriously, I'm really impresed with the detailed and excellent natural balanced sound that this unit delivers. I currently own the K712 pro and the K702 65th Anniversary Edition,...
The new iteration of the Brainwavz R3 is an intriguing earphone. They’re large earphones, each side containing two dynamic drivers in big pill shaped aluminium housings. They currently retail for...
INTRODUCTION First of all, a big THANK YOU to Michael Lin from FIDUE for providing the review unit. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be...
iBasso D-Zero MKII Review iBasso is a very common name out there on the forums now, with their DX50 and DX90 gaining a rather large user base. I have reviewed both the DX50 and DX90 and I found...
Soundmagic PL-50 Review - Page 14post #196 of 2166/3/12 at 9:15amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #197 of 2166/3/12 at 9:47ampost #198 of 21611/22/12 at 8:00pm
As the PL-50 was introduced some three years ago, I am wondering if it is still considered a good buy? I can purchase one for $30 bundled with an E17 from Micca, and at that price I am sorely tempted. Currently, I have a Sony MH1C, MEE M11+, MTP Gold and an MD Tribute, so this would be my first BA IEM. But it is now 2012, almost 2013... A lot of new IEMs have been introduced since these hit the market.... Are there other budget BA IEMs I should consider?
Thanks!post #199 of 21611/24/12 at 7:39amThread Starterpost #200 of 2167/22/13 at 7:18am
I have a pair of these, awesome headphones don't have to cost more than $50.
I Especially love the imaging for me it's almost up there with the ba200's.
They compete well with any of my inears... especially for walking etc...post #201 of 2168/26/13 at 11:21ampost #202 of 2168/28/13 at 4:13amThread Starter
the pl50in comparison is much more mid centric, vocals are wonderful though, so buttery, creamy, good. trebles pretty good too, bass, well there isnt lots.
id say its worth giving a try, your zero is much more about being acousticaly neutral and faultless. the pl50 is about creamy buttery mids and sounding beautiful. its a different flavour.post #203 of 2161/1/14 at 10:54pm
Just bought pl 50 and im little suprised. Sound is ok with lack of bass, realy good mids, but when i turn volume up on my sandisk sansa zip it gets awful distorted, so it has to be very very low volume to hear something. Any suggestion please? Thnx!post #204 of 2161/2/14 at 8:16am
What the...?!?..I plug pl 50 into little nad c 316bee and no bass at all?? Really?! Connect to my pc laptop very very very little bad bass. I mean those are BA headphones ok, good mids, but no bass at all?!post #205 of 2161/2/14 at 8:20amQuote:
Maybe some background here? What was your previous headphone/IEM? At least we can get a reference point from here on..post #206 of 2161/2/14 at 11:47ampost #207 of 2161/2/14 at 11:36pm
OK we getting somewhere. Little EQ adjust, precut.......well see. I hope. Maybe some better eartips seal? I mean, pl 50 seems soo good for acoustic music, no need fo EQ, but a quite heavy for rock, metal, pop...Extremly light and comfortable!!! Maybe some other DAP, amp? Maybe my ears are used to vsonic go 02 be. But still dont understand...pl 50 + nad c316bee=absolutly no bass at all?!?!post #208 of 2161/3/14 at 10:06ampost #209 of 2161/3/14 at 10:13amThread Starter
BA do bass but they dont move a lot of air so to trick your ear into thikning there is bass in the way your used to feeling from a speaker many IEM's wack up the bass to huge levels. your ears will be used to hearing/ feeling and it will take you a little time to adjust to the lack of air volume being moved.
that said the PL50 isnt a big bass IEM at all. its mids though, they are astonishingly good for money.
so changing tips to geeet you good seal is important and maybe a little bass boosting amp would help but they are not bass heavy, nothing will make them so.post #210 of 2161/3/14 at 1:06pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Soundmagic PL-50 Review
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › NEW Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 and ATH-MSR7LTD 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › Cayin N6 DAP: Dual PCM1792, BTL Amplication Circuit, 24/192,... 4 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 5 minutes ago
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 5 minutes ago
- › Synergistic Research "Atmosphere" 5 minutes ago
- › Cheap Replacement Cables 7 minutes ago
- › FS fidelio x1 8 minutes ago
- › New Release! The K7XX Massdrop First Edition - an exclusive from... 9 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by paara
- › AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition by gabrielnorena
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by lecky
- › FIDUE A71 Dual Dynamic Drivers Hi-Fi Earphones by djvkool
- › iBasso Audio D-Zero MK2 by lin0003
- › Audio Technica ATH-A900X | Art Monitor Headphones (Japan Import) by Mink
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by mark2410
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by ClieOS
- › Blue Microphones Mo-Fi Powered High-Fidelity Headphones with... by MacedonianHero
- › Basic K3 by nino9
- › Guarding oneself against insurance fraud
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3