i think you probably want the 262, its a bit more bassy but still quiet mid centric and quiet a level above the little PL-50.
Related Forum Threads
- [POLL] Need help deciding on a pair of Mid Range IEMS [100-200 Dollars] Last post on 12/8/12 at 5:52pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Long lasting, Great sounding in-ear earphones under $60 (Australian) Last post on 8/24/12 at 1:59am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Recommendations for In-Ear Monitors Last post on 7/18/12 at 8:33pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for earphones, maximum budget 150 US$ Last post on 6/19/12 at 5:30am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best isolation-with-comfort under $100 ? Last post on 6/19/12 at 7:43am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Soundaware M1 Pro / “Esther” – initial impressions I had the opportunity to listen to the Soundaware M1 Pro as part of the recent UK and North American tours that the company have...
Bought these after receiving the Massdrop HE-350s which were just too treble-forward for my taste. I listen to a lot of music when at work. Desk space is limited, so I can't justify running an...
When i first got the Cayin iHA-6 and iDAC-6 combo and paired it with my HD800S, i wasn't too thrilled. Compared to my previous HDVD800, there was more detail present from the dac, but it came with...
For larger views of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION I can remember when I first joined Head-Fi, I started with some pretty cheap gear, and I...
At the time this review was written, the TFZ Series 3 was listed for sale on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to their listing of the...
Soundmagic PL-50 Review - Page 14post #196 of 2246/3/12 at 9:15amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #197 of 2246/3/12 at 9:47ampost #198 of 22411/22/12 at 8:00pm
As the PL-50 was introduced some three years ago, I am wondering if it is still considered a good buy? I can purchase one for $30 bundled with an E17 from Micca, and at that price I am sorely tempted. Currently, I have a Sony MH1C, MEE M11+, MTP Gold and an MD Tribute, so this would be my first BA IEM. But it is now 2012, almost 2013... A lot of new IEMs have been introduced since these hit the market.... Are there other budget BA IEMs I should consider?
Thanks!post #199 of 22411/24/12 at 7:39amThread Starterpost #200 of 2247/22/13 at 7:18am
I have a pair of these, awesome headphones don't have to cost more than $50.
I Especially love the imaging for me it's almost up there with the ba200's.
They compete well with any of my inears... especially for walking etc...post #201 of 2248/26/13 at 11:21ampost #202 of 2248/28/13 at 4:13amThread Starter
the pl50in comparison is much more mid centric, vocals are wonderful though, so buttery, creamy, good. trebles pretty good too, bass, well there isnt lots.
id say its worth giving a try, your zero is much more about being acousticaly neutral and faultless. the pl50 is about creamy buttery mids and sounding beautiful. its a different flavour.post #203 of 2241/1/14 at 10:54pm
Just bought pl 50 and im little suprised. Sound is ok with lack of bass, realy good mids, but when i turn volume up on my sandisk sansa zip it gets awful distorted, so it has to be very very low volume to hear something. Any suggestion please? Thnx!post #204 of 2241/2/14 at 8:16am
What the...?!?..I plug pl 50 into little nad c 316bee and no bass at all?? Really?! Connect to my pc laptop very very very little bad bass. I mean those are BA headphones ok, good mids, but no bass at all?!post #205 of 2241/2/14 at 8:20amQuote:
Maybe some background here? What was your previous headphone/IEM? At least we can get a reference point from here on..post #206 of 2241/2/14 at 11:47ampost #207 of 2241/2/14 at 11:36pm
OK we getting somewhere. Little EQ adjust, precut.......well see. I hope. Maybe some better eartips seal? I mean, pl 50 seems soo good for acoustic music, no need fo EQ, but a quite heavy for rock, metal, pop...Extremly light and comfortable!!! Maybe some other DAP, amp? Maybe my ears are used to vsonic go 02 be. But still dont understand...pl 50 + nad c316bee=absolutly no bass at all?!?!post #208 of 2241/3/14 at 10:06ampost #209 of 2241/3/14 at 10:13amThread Starter
BA do bass but they dont move a lot of air so to trick your ear into thikning there is bass in the way your used to feeling from a speaker many IEM's wack up the bass to huge levels. your ears will be used to hearing/ feeling and it will take you a little time to adjust to the lack of air volume being moved.
that said the PL50 isnt a big bass IEM at all. its mids though, they are astonishingly good for money.
so changing tips to geeet you good seal is important and maybe a little bass boosting amp would help but they are not bass heavy, nothing will make them so.post #210 of 2241/3/14 at 1:06pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Soundmagic PL-50 Review
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Are the Shure SE215s a 'must have' for making comparisons with... 1 second ago
- › Sennheiser HD800 S Impressions Thread (read first post for summary) 12 seconds ago
- › Jomo Audio Impressions & Discussion Thread 31 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › Does a better quality USB cable influence sound? 1 minute ago
- › The earphone game just got a lot more SIRIUS. The new five driver... 3 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 4 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 5 minutes ago
- › VIVO XE800 6 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1 II (2nd Gen) w/ Bluetooth! 7 minutes ago
- › Soundaware Esther by Jackpot77
- › Philips SHP9500 by MaximumEnnui
- › Cayin iDAC-6 by EvenR
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by Brooko
- › The Fragrant Zither (TFZ) Series 3 Hifi Earphones by Hisoundfi
- › Bowers & Wilkins P3 by foobar2015
- › "PETEREK (Verbessen)" by Hawaiibadboy
- › FiiO AM2 - Medium Power Amplifier Module for X7 by howdy
- › DiDiT DAC212 by Runningwater
- › Edifier R1700BT Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers - Active Near-field... by ryanjsoo
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...