New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Opamp thread - Page 322

post #4816 of 4827

I bought a couple of LME49710HA for my Titanium HD, I already have LME49720HA for I/V but because of my previous impression the HA is far better than NA so I bought the HA version of 49710 and I'm not disappointed. Indeed it sounds better, no longer sterile on female vocal. Funny that the two different chips on different packaging makes things sounds different

post #4817 of 4827

Hi guys,

 

I've tried the MUSES01/02 opamps for my Asus Essence STX II soundcard, thinking of getting the FiiO 12DIY to mess about with as well. Other than the MUSES, people seem to have high regard for the LME49990s, any other opamps worth trying out? There's 2 buffer slots and 1 output slot for the E12DIY that can be configured, if I recall correctly

post #4818 of 4827
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apocalypsee View Post
 

I bought a couple of LME49710HA for my Titanium HD, I already have LME49720HA for I/V but because of my previous impression the HA is far better than NA so I bought the HA version of 49710 and I'm not disappointed. Indeed it sounds better, no longer sterile on female vocal. Funny that the two different chips on different packaging makes things sounds different


You can maximize their sound quality, but possibly stop hearing a difference between the two grades, if you gave them better power decoupling capacitors like HDAM users put Mundorf or old Soviet caps on their "discrete" opamps.  You can see all sorts of relevant photos in a google search or Recent Images In This Thread up in the corner of any page of this thread if you are not on a mobile device.  I swear by Vishay MKP1837 film capacitors or WIMA MKP4 if there is not enough room for the bulky Vishays.  Some opamps just need a 0.1uF 50V C0G ceramic capacitor across their power pins for best sound in a given circuit.

post #4819 of 4827

recently mod my ALO the Island. It has slight on warm side, but already great soundstage, particularly the balanced output. the clarity i so so.

the DAC is CS4398 following by NE5532 as LPF and gain stage, while balance driver use SSM2142. 

I tried LT1361 as LPF and I got neat sound, but not as clean as I want. I am going to swap it to lme49720ma, AD8599 on gainstage, or something else.

Anyone can advice me for opamp replacement. I need fatty bass and goes lower as possible without losing clarity.

post #4820 of 4827

guys  i wanna know about LME49720NA... is it that great?

post #4821 of 4827
Quote:
Originally Posted by fadhlysb View Post
 

guys  i wanna know about LME49720NA... is it that great?


The LME49720NA is quite good but the HA version is better

post #4822 of 4827
Quote:
Originally Posted by fadhlysb View Post
 

guys  i wanna know about LME49720NA... is it that great?

 

In the right circuit yes.  And in the wrong one it will overheat enough to cook a steak.

It gets even better with a film cap across its power pins, see this thread's gallery.

post #4823 of 4827

For a DIY AMP+DAC, which opamp and DAC chip would you recommend? I'm going for DIY just for fun and learning and also it'll make it very much customizable and modular as per my thought design

post #4824 of 4827

any impression of opa627bm and opa627sm?

post #4825 of 4827
Quote:
Originally Posted by unknownguardian View Post
 

any impression of opa627bm and opa627sm?

Looking at the specs and customer reviews of the OPA627, it does seem to be very very good as an audio op-amp. Although OPA637 has much lower THD+N and might be much more clearer and detailed (pure speculation based on high slew rate, 135 V/uS). The noise >15nV/rHz at 10 HZ and lower that this opamp has might not bother much.

 

I was thinking that is it worth building a complete AMP+DAC combo as DIY or just AMP for now (using Dragonfly as DAC)!

post #4826 of 4827
Quote:
Originally Posted by imran27 View Post
 

Looking at the specs and customer reviews of the OPA627, it does seem to be very very good as an audio op-amp. Although OPA637 has much lower THD+N and might be much more clearer and detailed (pure speculation based on high slew rate, 135 V/uS). The noise >15nV/rHz at 10 HZ and lower that this opamp has might not bother much.

 

I was thinking that is it worth building a complete AMP+DAC combo as DIY or just AMP for now (using Dragonfly as DAC)!

because i read online that OPA627BM might be too harsh sounding for some. some commented that the bass might hit too hard and be boomy. so was wondering will there be anyone who had previously used/currently using it share their opinion on it.

post #4827 of 4827
Quote:
Originally Posted by unknownguardian View Post
 

because i read online that OPA627BM might be too harsh sounding for some. some commented that the bass might hit too hard and be boomy. so was wondering will there be anyone who had previously used/currently using it share their opinion on it.

Hmmmm, true.

 

That makes OPA1612 a very viable alternative

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home