New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Opamp thread - Page 300

post #4486 of 4812
Quote:
Originally Posted by wes1099 View Post
 

And another question, what are the max specs a chip can have for this amp to be able to handle it safely. If you need more details on the amp, here is the instruction manual that has info about each individual part.

Your link to the .pdf has in it recommendation for op amps to try out....

 

"...Once its all working you can experiment with the sound of other OPamps like
OPA2132
OPA2134
OPA2227
LM4562..."
 
Seems the only limitation is shorter or longer battery life depending on which op amp you plugin.
post #4487 of 4812

What is everyones verdicts on the chinese ebay opamps?

 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Top-Grade-Audio-OpAmp-OPA627SM-1-pcs-/270281884038

 

http://stores.ebay.com/wkleung?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

 

Etc.

 

 

Also could anyone comment on whether the Audio GD opamps are a worthy upgrade to this...

 

http://www.auzentech.com/site/products/opamp_627sm.php

 

(I didn't pay that for it)

post #4488 of 4812

I can't speak for any others, but the U.S. ebay seller named "frugalphile" does awesome work and I've never had any problems ordering from him.

 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2pcs-LME49990-DIP8-ADAPTERS-/190897296160?pt=US_Amplifier_Parts_Components&hash=item2c725d9320

 

Mike

post #4489 of 4812

x2 I'm with Mike, I've always had great experience with Frugalphile also.

 

Sooooo Muses 02? Will be here today so will audition this evening. It had better be good, it has cost me nearly £80 with charges and VAT :eek:. That is the most I have ever paid for an opamp.

post #4490 of 4812
Quote:
Originally Posted by chug View Post
 

What is everyones verdicts on the chinese ebay opamps?

 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Top-Grade-Audio-OpAmp-OPA627SM-1-pcs-/270281884038

 

http://stores.ebay.com/wkleung?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

 

Etc.

 

 

Also could anyone comment on whether the Audio GD opamps are a worthy upgrade to this...

 

http://www.auzentech.com/site/products/opamp_627sm.php

 

(I didn't pay that for it)

 I rely on Ebay ratings and their customer comments a lot. As long as they have high ratings and high volumes sold then I don't have a problem with them. I have emailed sellers in China and HK (HK preferred) for clarification or other type opamps and adapters and they do get back to me usually within 24 hours even if it is in broken English, they understand what you want and what you are looking for i.e. matched set or same lot. Delivery times are usually no more than 2 weeks.

 

Not sure about the metal cans even though I bought (2) BB K627 on an adapter board but it sounded 'hollow' to me. Might be good in some application like guitar pedals or whatever but not so much for playback.

post #4491 of 4812
Quote:
Originally Posted by zilch0md View Post
 

I can't speak for any others, but the U.S. ebay seller named "frugalphile" does awesome work and I've never had any problems ordering from him.

 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2pcs-LME49990-DIP8-ADAPTERS-/190897296160?pt=US_Amplifier_Parts_Components&hash=item2c725d9320

 

Mike

I see the LME49990MA are getting cheaper as they become more popular, nice pricing from within the US. Nothing like competition. The site offers another set for even cheaper, not sure what the difference is.

post #4492 of 4812
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudHarris View Post
 

x2 I'm with Mike, I've always had great experience with Frugalphile also.

 

Sooooo Muses 02? Will be here today so will audition this evening. It had better be good, it has cost me nearly £80 with charges and VAT :eek:. That is the most I have ever paid for an opamp.


waiting for the impressions. I am thinking of AD797BRZ or Muses 02.

post #4493 of 4812
Quote:
Originally Posted by razzz42 View Post
 

I see the LME49990MA are getting cheaper as they become more popular, nice pricing from within the US. Nothing like competition. The site offers another set for even cheaper, not sure what the difference is.

Cheaper one has 2 LME49990 on a single adapter.

post #4494 of 4812
It has arrived, yay!

Man, look at the packaging, no wonder it didn't slip through customs. It even comes in its very own protective box, I think it is because it is far too superior to be mixing with the likes of my other lesser chips....

Well, initial impressions are that it is no ordinary OpAmp and certainly up there with the best (if not the best). I will have to spend more time listening to enable me to expand but it has an initial wow factor for sure. Kind of like HD, apart from the music it is pitch black. Take the customs and VAT out of the frame, I'd say its worth the money. If I can source them closer to home I will invest in a couple more but if I have to go through Audiotrak I will have to think hard as I have been stung badly this time and also previously with 8820's and 8920's I ordered.

More to come....





post #4495 of 4812

How is it compared to its siblings ? 8820, 8920 

 

I see you got buffer opamps. What are these ? To drive high impedance phones ? And where exactly is Muses 2 in your amp's circuit ?


Edited by psygeist - 10/23/13 at 5:14am
post #4496 of 4812
Quote:
Originally Posted by chug View Post
 

What is everyones verdicts on the chinese ebay opamps?

 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Top-Grade-Audio-OpAmp-OPA627SM-1-pcs-/270281884038

 

http://stores.ebay.com/wkleung?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

 

Etc.

 

 

Also could anyone comment on whether the Audio GD opamps are a worthy upgrade to this...

 

http://www.auzentech.com/site/products/opamp_627sm.php

 

(I didn't pay that for it)

 

I'd recommend giving OPA602BP and TL5580 a go instead of those.

 

Audio-gd's Sun HDAM can be really fun, but its MKT caps (little grey boxes on the sides of the device) need to be upgraded to something better, or you can get a bizarre, roller-coastery FR depending on the circuit that you blindly dump them into.  I've only tried 10uF 50V tantalums + 0.1uF 50V ceramics with great results.  Head and shoulders improvement in sound over the stock caps.  Russian K42-Y2 film capacitors are said to be awesome, too.  I think there's feedback on these in threads related to Audio-gd's Fun, Compass, and other past budget units that required an opamp in the DAC's output stage.

post #4497 of 4812
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudHarris View Post

It has arrived, yay!

Man, look at the packaging, no wonder it didn't slip through customs. It even comes in its very own protective box, I think it is because it is far too superior to be mixing with the likes of my other lesser chips....

Well, initial impressions are that it is no ordinary OpAmp and certainly up there with the best (if not the best). I will have to spend more time listening to enable me to expand but it has an initial wow factor for sure. Kind of like HD, apart from the music it is pitch black. Take the customs and VAT out of the frame, I'd say its worth the money. If I can source them closer to home I will invest in a couple more but if I have to go through Audiotrak I will have to think hard as I have been stung badly this time and also previously with 8820's and 8920's I ordered.

More to come....

 

My MUSES02 came today! :)

 

I ordered from an eBay vendor for $41.69 shipped to the US:

 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/400418607953?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

 

(With 67179 transactions, 99.7% Positive feedback, and a store with over 3000 ICs in stock, I felt fairly comfortable going with this vendor.)

 

The packaging for my chip was much simpler, just a chip shoved into some foam inserted a sealed clear plastic pouch. My first impressions, installed into a Little Dot 1+ (replacing a pair of LME49990) with a US Amperex 6922/E88CC are similar. WoW! I really like this chip. :)

post #4498 of 4812

anymore impressions on the MUSE02?

post #4499 of 4812
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertad View Post

anymore impressions on the MUSE02?

Yes... Please.
post #4500 of 4812
Impress us!

:-)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home