New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Opamp thread - Page 257

post #3841 of 4762

Nope, that's a TL082BC.

 

The is no "BC" version for the TL2082

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecohifi View Post

 

 

Thank you very guys that was brilliant,  do you think that would be the later TLE 2082 as the TL082 is not made?  The DAC was made less than a month and it has LME 49990 in a XLR mode for balance?

 

 

Regards

 

Ecohifi

post #3842 of 4762
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avro_Arrow View Post

Nope, that's a TL082BC.

 

The is no "BC" version for the TL2082

 

 

Good one Avro_Arrow, 

 

NAD must have had excess stock and are now using them to put in there latest Master Series DAC and Digital Amplifiers such as the M2 and 390D.   Its actually used to convert the XLR arrangement of the LME 49990 to single RCA!

The TL082BC is no longer available in most SOIC version nor are they available in PDIP, http://www.ti.com/product/tl082b

 

Love your quote bro, the things we do to get the best Audio goodness!


Edited by ecohifi - 5/13/12 at 10:04pm
post #3843 of 4762

Hey guys...I just got myself some Ultrasone PRO900 and was wondering what opamps would pair nicely with it, I use a Titanium HD 

 

ATM I have:

 

OPA2134, OPA2111KP, LME49720NA ,AD797ANZ, LME49710

 

Would any of these be good for buffers or I/V?

 

Something that would bring out the mids a little would be good, and perhaps tame the highs...I hear they are rather bright cans 

 

Thanks biggrin.gif

post #3844 of 4762

look for LME49713HA

Output Current  RL = 150Ω, VS = ±18V ±100 mA, ±91 mA (min)

post #3845 of 4762
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post

0.1uF ceramic on each chip across pins 4 and 7.

Then a 10uF tantalum on the adapter.  I tried adding the film cap on the top of the adapter and only one chip seemed to benefit, so add it under the adapter board instead.

The tantalum is polar, so make sure that the negative end connects to pin 4 of the adapter, positive to pin 8.  I've never tried adding it backwards, I assume it will kill the cap and/or your opamps.

 

Does that also apply to dual channel opamps?

post #3846 of 4762
Quote:
Originally Posted by FritzS View Post

look for LME49713HA

Output Current  RL = 150Ω, VS = ±18V ±100 mA, ±91 mA (min)

What would this have good synergy with...anything I listed I had?

 

Cheers mate 

post #3847 of 4762
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecclesand View Post

 

Does that also apply to dual channel opamps?

 

Of course.  Notice that the power supplies are pins 4 & 8 on a dual chip or 2x1 adapter.  4 & 7 on a single chip.

If you drop an opamp into some circuit and you won't be rolling it, then it is supposed to be a little better to bypass each power pin with one cap each (or any additional caps in parallel), with the other end of the cap(s) connecting to ground (not any floating ground).  But this is also supposed to depend on the quality of the ground, whatever that means.  =p


Edited by Mad Max - 5/15/12 at 4:06pm
post #3848 of 4762
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecclesand View Post

 

Does that also apply to dual channel opamps?

 

Of course.  Notice that the power supplies are pins 4 & 8 on a dual chip or 2x1 adapter.  4 & 7 on a single chip.

If you drop an opamp into some circuit and you won't be rolling it, then it is supposed to be a little better to bypass each power pin with one cap each (or any additional caps in parallel), with the other end of the cap(s) connecting to ground (not any floating ground).  But this is also supposed to depend on the quality of the ground, whatever that means.  =p


Ah...I see...as long as the cap leads are connected to the V+ and V- it doesn't matter if single or dual. Thanks!
post #3849 of 4762
Quote:
Originally Posted by FritzS View Post

look for LME49713HA

Output Current  RL = 150Ω, VS = ±18V ±100 mA, ±91 mA (min)

LME 49713 has a rediculous high slew rate, has anyone experience any instability issues especially when used for unity gain?

post #3850 of 4762
Yes,

It's it have oscillate in my set-up (strong noises), you have to install a 1.2k resistance between the pin 6 and 2 (see the data sheet p10)
and even with that, I suspect something wrong (very hight frequencies ?).

I have no oscilloscope, and I have stopped to use it.

The sound is good, better than lme49710, but not better than lme49990.

I prefer opa2211,1612, ada797 etc...

Generally I appreciate very low thd and good slew rate, I don't think it's ridiculous.
(like Jim Williams and others).


I suspect amp with low slew rate to be too sweet and can't have a good vibrato and grain with instrument like violin.

The amp with bad thd are veiled on the hight or coloured.
post #3851 of 4762
opa2111 is very good for the bass
lme49710 is very good for the highs

opa2111 + lme47910 is a good association, but you can find better

opa2134 is veiled on my set-up

ada797 can oscillate but can be very good for buffers or I/V (Weiss DAC etc..)
neutral / hight definition / very good ss / but grany sound and a little cold for someone
post #3852 of 4762
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecohifi View Post

LME 49713 has a rediculous high slew rate, has anyone experience any instability issues especially when used for unity gain?

 

That chip looks like it is probably very, very finicky.

post #3853 of 4762

Yeah, 1900 V/ms is a crazy high slew rate!

 

In this comparison I did of the slew rates for the OPA1611 (used in the Stepdance) and the OPA209 (used in the 2Stepdance), both slew rates are high enough to support ultra-sonic frequencies - and we are still only at double-digit slew rates, never mind three- or four-digit slew rates.

 

OPA1611 vs OPA209 Slew Rate.jpg

 

Mike


Edited by zilch0md - 5/20/12 at 9:07am
post #3854 of 4762

I built a CMoy based on LT1363...it has a stupid fast slew rate and sounds wonderful.

post #3855 of 4762
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avro_Arrow View Post

I built a CMoy based on LT1363...it has a stupid fast slew rate and sounds wonderful.

 

Nice.  I envy your having the satisfaction of building your own amp.  

 

Would you say the ultra-sonic (1000 V/ms) slew rate of the LT1363 played a factor in how nice the amp sounded, or just that the high slew rate didn't cause any audible problems?

 

Thanks,

 

Mike

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home