Thanks! I have never listened to a "high-end" headphone that I thought had a hotter treble than the W5000. So yes, I think the W5000 has a hotter treble than the HD800, from memory.
Related Forum Threads
- Does Pink Floyd style music needs good soundstage to get fully appreciated? Last post on 10/1/11 at 3:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Bought HD598, was dissapointed BUT... (updated impression after 5-10h~ish of use) Last post on 6/23/12 at 8:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
- MOST COMFY HEAD-BANDS EVER Last post on 9/8/11 at 5:07pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Do you really care about the "Studio" or "Professional" words on Headphones? Last post on 9/10/11 at 4:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- complimentary phones to the LCD-2 Last post on 6/21/11 at 7:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Introduction Sennheiser HD650 is one of the (seemingly) consecrated headphones made by Sennheiser as an upgrade (update?) to their well received model, HD600. HD600 has been...
I finally took the plunge and got these. It's amazing how TOTL IEMS can sound so different. Bass: Tight and full. Tip dependent. With the triple flanges thought my head was going to blow off. I...
The original iDSD Micro stood out from the competition as an all-in-one replacement for the most discerning listeners' setups. The original iDSD Micro delivered - I had one, but as I started to not...
Dynamic headphones by the primarily planar producing HiFiman, very good value(especially if you live in america). Detailed and strong treble, decent mids and midbass yet a little light on lower...
Confusingly, I think Sennheiser is rebranding the Momentum In-Ear (M2 IEi) headphones as HD 1 In-Ear – specifications and appearance are identical. I bought these when my Klipsch S4i started...
REVIEW: Sennheiser HD 800 - Page 39post #571 of 6295/19/10 at 7:19amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #572 of 6295/19/10 at 7:56am
I think you have seen the review of the HD800 by Tom Martin of AV Guide. Have you seen his review of the W5000? It compares surprisingly well. I'd be interested in what you think of his assessment. It's another thoughtful review from him.post #573 of 6295/19/10 at 7:57amThread StarterQuote:
Actually I have not seen either one. Will have to look into those.post #574 of 6295/19/10 at 10:12amQuote:
Dittopost #575 of 6295/19/10 at 5:21pmQuote:
Skylab: Have you heard the SR325i/is? I found their treble the hottest treble of any headphone I've heard. If so, would you say it was hotter than the W5000?post #576 of 6295/19/10 at 6:46pmThread Starterpost #577 of 6295/19/10 at 6:55pm
And I haven't heard the W5000s. Would be a great match for the hottest treble...kind of like Mayweather vs. Pacquiao.post #578 of 6295/19/10 at 7:27pmQuote:
You're not missing much.post #579 of 6295/19/10 at 7:29pmQuote:
I will personally never trust his reviews if he is able to put those two in the same category. We all hear VERY differently.post #580 of 6295/20/10 at 1:04am
The Symphones Magnums, which are based around the 325i/MS2i have a similarly hot treble to the HD800s, or possibly hotter if you were to compare them to a pair which didn't have as strong a treble peak as mine and the ones Skylab reviewed.post #581 of 6295/20/10 at 2:47amQuote:
When I got my Symphones Magnums I left them burning in from days on end to help deal with the hot treble. They're in a box now for more reasons than one. OTOH, I've had nothing more than admiration for the HD800's and all their playtime has been on my head. I have no problem with the treble being 'hot'. The treble is just great.post #582 of 6295/21/10 at 4:53amQuote:
Well they are the flagship headphones for Sennheiser and Audio Technica. Both are premium priced and aimed at the audiophile market. So they share that category at least. The reviewer in question has also recently reviewed the T1. Again, I think that this is a considered and well written review. It's worth reading in my opinion, but if your preference is to mistrust reviews that I presume you haven't read, then that is your prerogative.
Edited by iponderous - 5/21/10 at 11:53ampost #583 of 6295/27/10 at 4:28ampost #584 of 6296/13/10 at 5:58ampost #585 of 6298/11/10 at 4:25pm
- REVIEW: Sennheiser HD 800
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › AKG K702 or Sennheiser HD598 15 seconds ago
- › High end (IEM) cable thread: impressions, pics, comparisons and... 16 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 37 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › There's a new Sheriff in town! 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 2 minutes ago
- › Has Anyone Heard the XiangSheng DAC-02A? 3 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV 3 minutes ago
- › Suitable DAC for Grados and macbook pro advice ( under £150 ). 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Dobrescu George
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by anqallyt
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by vapman
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by machielsste
- › Sennheiser Momentum In Ear (iOS version) - Black Chrome by HiWire
- › Fiio F1 Dynamic In-ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ENIGMAcoustics Dharma D1000 by geoffalter11
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC by audiobean
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by Dobrescu George
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by B9Scrambler
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear