Thanks! I have never listened to a "high-end" headphone that I thought had a hotter treble than the W5000. So yes, I think the W5000 has a hotter treble than the HD800, from memory.
Related Forum Threads
- Does Pink Floyd style music needs good soundstage to get fully appreciated? Last post on 10/1/11 at 3:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Bought HD598, was dissapointed BUT... (updated impression after 5-10h~ish of use) Last post on 6/23/12 at 8:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
- MOST COMFY HEAD-BANDS EVER Last post on 9/8/11 at 5:07pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Do you really care about the "Studio" or "Professional" words on Headphones? Last post on 9/10/11 at 4:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- complimentary phones to the LCD-2 Last post on 6/21/11 at 7:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank AudioQuest for providing me with a review sample of their product in exchange for my honest opinion. No matter how much I enjoy listening to...
Read a number of reviews on this pair of headphones before buying, and was quite surprised that no one mentioned the boxy band ( maybe somewhere around 3.5 - 5k ?? ) of upper mids. some songs...
Sony walkman A-10 review PACKAGING : so simple .. just the player,cable and...
Build I've had a lot of headphones in the past and prior to this I thought in the sub 300 price category the Beyer DT990/880 were the best, they certainly still are at the top of the chart but this...
A Brief Review of the FiiO X3 2nd Generation DAP with Comparisons to the Xuelin iHiFi 800. Firstly, I would like to thank Mr. James Chung for allowing this preview of FiiO’s new X3...
REVIEW: Sennheiser HD 800 - Page 39post #571 of 6295/19/10 at 7:19amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #572 of 6295/19/10 at 7:56am
I think you have seen the review of the HD800 by Tom Martin of AV Guide. Have you seen his review of the W5000? It compares surprisingly well. I'd be interested in what you think of his assessment. It's another thoughtful review from him.post #573 of 6295/19/10 at 7:57amThread StarterQuote:
Actually I have not seen either one. Will have to look into those.post #574 of 6295/19/10 at 10:12amQuote:
Dittopost #575 of 6295/19/10 at 5:21pmQuote:
Skylab: Have you heard the SR325i/is? I found their treble the hottest treble of any headphone I've heard. If so, would you say it was hotter than the W5000?post #576 of 6295/19/10 at 6:46pmThread Starterpost #577 of 6295/19/10 at 6:55pm
And I haven't heard the W5000s. Would be a great match for the hottest treble...kind of like Mayweather vs. Pacquiao.post #578 of 6295/19/10 at 7:27pmQuote:
You're not missing much.post #579 of 6295/19/10 at 7:29pmQuote:
I will personally never trust his reviews if he is able to put those two in the same category. We all hear VERY differently.post #580 of 6295/20/10 at 1:04am
The Symphones Magnums, which are based around the 325i/MS2i have a similarly hot treble to the HD800s, or possibly hotter if you were to compare them to a pair which didn't have as strong a treble peak as mine and the ones Skylab reviewed.post #581 of 6295/20/10 at 2:47amQuote:
When I got my Symphones Magnums I left them burning in from days on end to help deal with the hot treble. They're in a box now for more reasons than one. OTOH, I've had nothing more than admiration for the HD800's and all their playtime has been on my head. I have no problem with the treble being 'hot'. The treble is just great.post #582 of 6295/21/10 at 4:53amQuote:
Well they are the flagship headphones for Sennheiser and Audio Technica. Both are premium priced and aimed at the audiophile market. So they share that category at least. The reviewer in question has also recently reviewed the T1. Again, I think that this is a considered and well written review. It's worth reading in my opinion, but if your preference is to mistrust reviews that I presume you haven't read, then that is your prerogative.
Edited by iponderous - 5/21/10 at 11:53ampost #583 of 6295/27/10 at 4:28ampost #584 of 6296/13/10 at 5:58ampost #585 of 6298/11/10 at 4:25pm
- REVIEW: Sennheiser HD 800
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › WAV Sounds The Best (To Me) 1 second ago
- › Sennheiser RS160, 170 ,180... Anyone? 35 seconds ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 1 minute ago
- › CanJam SoCal 2015 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › ECC33/ECC35 Tube Addicts 3 minutes ago
- › CanJam Music Appreciation Contest 4 minutes ago
- › Meier Audio Daccord 4 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 4 minutes ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 6 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest DragonFly v1.2 USB DAC by twister6
- › AKG K271 MKII Headphones by 1nfiniti
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by Mmet
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by Zulkr9
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by jdog
- › ZERO AUDIO-ear stereo headphone carbo Basso ZH-DX210-CB by AzimAkbar
- › Sennheiser HD540 Reference Headphones by homesicalien
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by acain
- › Incipio f38 Headphones by ahnvx
- › Bose® IE2 audio headphones by Sarurururu
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2