Thanks! I have never listened to a "high-end" headphone that I thought had a hotter treble than the W5000. So yes, I think the W5000 has a hotter treble than the HD800, from memory.
Related Forum Threads
- Does Pink Floyd style music needs good soundstage to get fully appreciated? Last post on 10/1/11 at 3:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Bought HD598, was dissapointed BUT... (updated impression after 5-10h~ish of use) Last post on 6/23/12 at 8:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
- MOST COMFY HEAD-BANDS EVER Last post on 9/8/11 at 5:07pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Do you really care about the "Studio" or "Professional" words on Headphones? Last post on 9/10/11 at 4:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- complimentary phones to the LCD-2 Last post on 6/21/11 at 7:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 6/30/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/28/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Everybody knows Sennheiser. They are doing great job at delivering good sound for all prices. I am doing this review with price factor in thought. First of all it is suprisingly detailed sounding...
Wow. There doesn’t seem to be a more appropriate way to word the beginning of this review, than to simply express my genuine surprise, and indeed – to a certain extent – admiration of the UMi Voix...
I bought the Q Audio French Silk balanced cable for my Audeze LCD-3's mainly because of the ergonomics and cool design/look over the stock cables. When running balanced, I doubted I would hear much...
I got a pair of these new on Amazon about a month and a half ago. I thought they sounded great for a pair of closed on-ears, and were pretty decently comfortable to the point that listening to...
At the time of the review, the Audioquest Nighthawk headphone was on sale at TTJV Audio’s website. Here is a link to Todd’s listing of the...
REVIEW: Sennheiser HD 800 - Page 39post #571 of 6295/19/10 at 7:19amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #572 of 6295/19/10 at 7:56am
I think you have seen the review of the HD800 by Tom Martin of AV Guide. Have you seen his review of the W5000? It compares surprisingly well. I'd be interested in what you think of his assessment. It's another thoughtful review from him.post #573 of 6295/19/10 at 7:57amThread StarterQuote:
Actually I have not seen either one. Will have to look into those.post #574 of 6295/19/10 at 10:12amQuote:
Dittopost #575 of 6295/19/10 at 5:21pmQuote:
Skylab: Have you heard the SR325i/is? I found their treble the hottest treble of any headphone I've heard. If so, would you say it was hotter than the W5000?post #576 of 6295/19/10 at 6:46pmThread Starterpost #577 of 6295/19/10 at 6:55pm
And I haven't heard the W5000s. Would be a great match for the hottest treble...kind of like Mayweather vs. Pacquiao.post #578 of 6295/19/10 at 7:27pmQuote:
You're not missing much.post #579 of 6295/19/10 at 7:29pmQuote:
I will personally never trust his reviews if he is able to put those two in the same category. We all hear VERY differently.post #580 of 6295/20/10 at 1:04am
The Symphones Magnums, which are based around the 325i/MS2i have a similarly hot treble to the HD800s, or possibly hotter if you were to compare them to a pair which didn't have as strong a treble peak as mine and the ones Skylab reviewed.post #581 of 6295/20/10 at 2:47amQuote:
When I got my Symphones Magnums I left them burning in from days on end to help deal with the hot treble. They're in a box now for more reasons than one. OTOH, I've had nothing more than admiration for the HD800's and all their playtime has been on my head. I have no problem with the treble being 'hot'. The treble is just great.post #582 of 6295/21/10 at 4:53amQuote:
Well they are the flagship headphones for Sennheiser and Audio Technica. Both are premium priced and aimed at the audiophile market. So they share that category at least. The reviewer in question has also recently reviewed the T1. Again, I think that this is a considered and well written review. It's worth reading in my opinion, but if your preference is to mistrust reviews that I presume you haven't read, then that is your prerogative.
Edited by iponderous - 5/21/10 at 11:53ampost #583 of 6295/27/10 at 4:28ampost #584 of 6296/13/10 at 5:58ampost #585 of 6298/11/10 at 4:25pm
- REVIEW: Sennheiser HD 800
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Need a Bluetooth/Wireless On-Ear or Over-Ear headphone 8 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 22 seconds ago
- › Have you ever met anyone on here who resorts to name calling? 25 seconds ago
- › Chicago Head-Fi Meet - August 8th 12:00 to 7:00 pm at Tweak Studio 46 seconds ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 53 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 1 minute ago
- › Philips F1/27 Fidelio vs Klipsch Reference vs Bose Noise... 2 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 2 minutes ago
- › Great news for rooted android users--Viper4Android 2 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT1350 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser - Sennheiser CX 200 Street II by Gonomon
- › UMI Voix Blu by Rashmosh
- › Q Cables by Mediahound
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by goodyfresh
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Apogee GROOVE Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier for Mac and PC by acain
- › Noble Audio Savant by Brooko
- › Bose® Computer MusicMonitor® -- Silver by labrat
- › Harman Kardon AE1 In Ear Headphones by Army-Firedawg
- › RHA T20 by dweaver
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3