Thanks! I have never listened to a "high-end" headphone that I thought had a hotter treble than the W5000. So yes, I think the W5000 has a hotter treble than the HD800, from memory.
Related Forum Threads
- Does Pink Floyd style music needs good soundstage to get fully appreciated? Last post on 10/1/11 at 3:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Bought HD598, was dissapointed BUT... (updated impression after 5-10h~ish of use) Last post on 6/23/12 at 8:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
- MOST COMFY HEAD-BANDS EVER Last post on 9/8/11 at 5:07pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Do you really care about the "Studio" or "Professional" words on Headphones? Last post on 9/10/11 at 4:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- complimentary phones to the LCD-2 Last post on 6/21/11 at 7:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I bought these (at £150) expecting much but was shocked by how far they fell short of even competency. They are very uncomfortable, badly designed and the sound is really nothing special. Whatever...
Can’t believe nobody has commented on the lack of an extremely basic feature that exists on 99% of MP3 players but missing from this and many other Fiio units — which is the ability to bookmark....
Advanced AcousticWerkes Q: Deceptively Small The AAW Q is an upcoming IEM from Singaporean company Advanced AcousticWerkes, scheduled for release in the first week of September. It boasts a new...
Now that I've heard all the ADEL modules from Asius technologies(what has been released since 8/16), it's even harder to pick a favorite. Some days I want to tune the sound to my unique anatomy,...
REVIEW: Sennheiser HD 800 - Page 39post #571 of 6295/19/10 at 7:19amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #572 of 6295/19/10 at 7:56am
I think you have seen the review of the HD800 by Tom Martin of AV Guide. Have you seen his review of the W5000? It compares surprisingly well. I'd be interested in what you think of his assessment. It's another thoughtful review from him.post #573 of 6295/19/10 at 7:57amThread StarterQuote:
Actually I have not seen either one. Will have to look into those.post #574 of 6295/19/10 at 10:12amQuote:
Dittopost #575 of 6295/19/10 at 5:21pmQuote:
Skylab: Have you heard the SR325i/is? I found their treble the hottest treble of any headphone I've heard. If so, would you say it was hotter than the W5000?post #576 of 6295/19/10 at 6:46pmThread Starterpost #577 of 6295/19/10 at 6:55pm
And I haven't heard the W5000s. Would be a great match for the hottest treble...kind of like Mayweather vs. Pacquiao.post #578 of 6295/19/10 at 7:27pmQuote:
You're not missing much.post #579 of 6295/19/10 at 7:29pmQuote:
I will personally never trust his reviews if he is able to put those two in the same category. We all hear VERY differently.post #580 of 6295/20/10 at 1:04am
The Symphones Magnums, which are based around the 325i/MS2i have a similarly hot treble to the HD800s, or possibly hotter if you were to compare them to a pair which didn't have as strong a treble peak as mine and the ones Skylab reviewed.post #581 of 6295/20/10 at 2:47amQuote:
When I got my Symphones Magnums I left them burning in from days on end to help deal with the hot treble. They're in a box now for more reasons than one. OTOH, I've had nothing more than admiration for the HD800's and all their playtime has been on my head. I have no problem with the treble being 'hot'. The treble is just great.post #582 of 6295/21/10 at 4:53amQuote:
Well they are the flagship headphones for Sennheiser and Audio Technica. Both are premium priced and aimed at the audiophile market. So they share that category at least. The reviewer in question has also recently reviewed the T1. Again, I think that this is a considered and well written review. It's worth reading in my opinion, but if your preference is to mistrust reviews that I presume you haven't read, then that is your prerogative.
Edited by iponderous - 5/21/10 at 11:53ampost #583 of 6295/27/10 at 4:28ampost #584 of 6296/13/10 at 5:58ampost #585 of 6298/11/10 at 4:25pm
- REVIEW: Sennheiser HD 800
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Best Sub-100$ CHINESE Brands EARPHONES Thread- Hidden Gems,... 38 seconds ago
- › Focal Elear - Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Recommend Headphones for Gaming. 3 minutes ago
- › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 4 minutes ago
- › Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM... 4 minutes ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 5 minutes ago
- › The decline of cheap concert tickets 5 minutes ago
- › LH Labs' gorgeous Vi Dac ( Tube + SS outputs ) 5 minutes ago
- › Flare Audio R1 Headphones by Mr Vicarious
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by greencalx
- › Advanced AcousticWerkes Q by ustinj
- › Asius Technologies ADEL™ G1 Auto Modules by Ike1985
- › AAW Nebula Two Hybrid In-Ear Monitor by tz0531
- › Shure SE215 by Nick Walters
- › E-mu Teak Headphones by AT Khan
- › Marshall Mode In-Ear Headphones, Black/White (4090939) by PopZeus
- › Pro-Ject Debut Carbon by davehg
- › Brainwavz Jive by Lurk650
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...