Thanks! I have never listened to a "high-end" headphone that I thought had a hotter treble than the W5000. So yes, I think the W5000 has a hotter treble than the HD800, from memory.
Related Forum Threads
- Does Pink Floyd style music needs good soundstage to get fully appreciated? Last post on 10/1/11 at 3:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Bought HD598, was dissapointed BUT... (updated impression after 5-10h~ish of use) Last post on 6/23/12 at 8:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
- MOST COMFY HEAD-BANDS EVER Last post on 9/8/11 at 5:07pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Do you really care about the "Studio" or "Professional" words on Headphones? Last post on 9/10/11 at 4:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- complimentary phones to the LCD-2 Last post on 6/21/11 at 7:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Introduction: Lend Me UR ears, based in Singapore is an online and physical store that opened in December 2011 with a goal to “bring quality audio products to the masses and providing good...
I got the same kind but of course in purple Philips SHE3590PP/28 In-Ear Headphones (Purple) - there is basically no based and I had to turn the volume way up to hear sound that didn't sound cheap.
Soundaware M1 Pro / “Esther” – initial impressions I had the opportunity to listen to the Soundaware M1 Pro as part of the recent UK and North American tours that the company have...
Bought these after receiving the Massdrop HE-350s which were just too treble-forward for my taste. I listen to a lot of music when at work. Desk space is limited, so I can't justify running an...
When i first got the Cayin iHA-6 and iDAC-6 combo and paired it with my HD800S, i wasn't too thrilled. Compared to my previous HDVD800, there was more detail present from the dac, but it came with...
REVIEW: Sennheiser HD 800 - Page 39post #571 of 6295/19/10 at 7:19amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #572 of 6295/19/10 at 7:56am
I think you have seen the review of the HD800 by Tom Martin of AV Guide. Have you seen his review of the W5000? It compares surprisingly well. I'd be interested in what you think of his assessment. It's another thoughtful review from him.post #573 of 6295/19/10 at 7:57amThread StarterQuote:
Actually I have not seen either one. Will have to look into those.post #574 of 6295/19/10 at 10:12amQuote:
Dittopost #575 of 6295/19/10 at 5:21pmQuote:
Skylab: Have you heard the SR325i/is? I found their treble the hottest treble of any headphone I've heard. If so, would you say it was hotter than the W5000?post #576 of 6295/19/10 at 6:46pmThread Starterpost #577 of 6295/19/10 at 6:55pm
And I haven't heard the W5000s. Would be a great match for the hottest treble...kind of like Mayweather vs. Pacquiao.post #578 of 6295/19/10 at 7:27pmQuote:
You're not missing much.post #579 of 6295/19/10 at 7:29pmQuote:
I will personally never trust his reviews if he is able to put those two in the same category. We all hear VERY differently.post #580 of 6295/20/10 at 1:04am
The Symphones Magnums, which are based around the 325i/MS2i have a similarly hot treble to the HD800s, or possibly hotter if you were to compare them to a pair which didn't have as strong a treble peak as mine and the ones Skylab reviewed.post #581 of 6295/20/10 at 2:47amQuote:
When I got my Symphones Magnums I left them burning in from days on end to help deal with the hot treble. They're in a box now for more reasons than one. OTOH, I've had nothing more than admiration for the HD800's and all their playtime has been on my head. I have no problem with the treble being 'hot'. The treble is just great.post #582 of 6295/21/10 at 4:53amQuote:
Well they are the flagship headphones for Sennheiser and Audio Technica. Both are premium priced and aimed at the audiophile market. So they share that category at least. The reviewer in question has also recently reviewed the T1. Again, I think that this is a considered and well written review. It's worth reading in my opinion, but if your preference is to mistrust reviews that I presume you haven't read, then that is your prerogative.
Edited by iponderous - 5/21/10 at 11:53ampost #583 of 6295/27/10 at 4:28ampost #584 of 6296/13/10 at 5:58ampost #585 of 6298/11/10 at 4:25pm
- REVIEW: Sennheiser HD 800
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 5 seconds ago
- › Chord Hugo 41 seconds ago
- › Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review 1 minute ago
- › ZMF Omni - Upcoming Semi Open Flagship 1 minute ago
- › What makes the Sennheiser 598s so bad for rock/metal? 4 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 4 minutes ago
- › Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › LG V20 Sound Quality 5 minutes ago
- › Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz) 5 minutes ago
- › IBasso Audio IT03 6 minutes ago
- › Alpha & Delta D2 by crabdog
- › Philips SHE3595WT/28 In-Ear Headset with Mic White by Prosie
- › Soundaware Esther by Jackpot77
- › Philips SHP9500 by MaximumEnnui
- › Cayin iDAC-6 by EvenR
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by Brooko
- › The Fragrant Zither (TFZ) Series 3 Hifi Earphones by Hisoundfi
- › Bowers & Wilkins P3 by foobar2015
- › "PETEREK (Verbessen)" by Hawaiibadboy
- › FiiO AM2 - Medium Power Amplifier Module for X7 by howdy
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...