It is quite shocking that almost nothing can be salvaged from these amps but once fully rebuilt they do sound awesome.
Related Forum Threads
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 5/24/14 at 11:55am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Govibe Peak Last post on 7/9/12 at 12:12am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp upgrade for AH-D5000 Last post on 7/2/12 at 4:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The Beauty and the Beast... Woo WA2 vs WA22 Last post on 9/27/13 at 11:56am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Introduction – As the current flagship of the young company Brainwavz, the R3 has a quite a lot on its shoulders. Utilizing a relatively new dual-dynamic driver configuration, uncommon with most...
Disclaimer: a. I am in no way affiliated with Fiio b. The X1 audition was a part of a world tour audition. c. There is no monetary or in kind gain due to the audition. With the disclaimer...
I'd say this is a great set of IEMs for its price if you're looking for that consumer v-shaped sound sig. It's not the most balanced sound sig, but for what it is, it sounds pretty good. The mids...
As of September 2014, the HE-400 has been discontinued, and it's successor, the HE-400i is being sold in its place. So why publish, or even read, a review now? First, there are many used...
DAC OCU(B) 1866 — very interesting portable DAC/amp combo from Russian manufacturer Myst. Things I like: — Nice look. As OCUB is made in small quantities, it uses stock case, but case is fully...
- Headphone Impedance
The Single Power ES-1/2 repair and restoration thread - Page 11
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
I don't want to speak on anyone else's behalf but I'm guessing he likes it sounds ~fabulous~ once it's properly built.
I've never heard a BHSE, but I just finished up my own variation on the ES-X and t's a huge step up from the SRD-7 and SRM-1 mk2. I also got to try it with the SR-007, and the SRM-1 mk2 didn't stand a chance against it. Spritzer kindly sent me a schematic for a version with current sources on the output, which I built. I've since added current sources to the input as well- not a huge difference as far as I can hear. Mine's with 12AT7 like the original SR-X, and EL34s on the output.
I'd definitely encourage people to try it as a DIY project. It's fairly inexpensive and simple to build (no hard to source parts!), and I'd be surprised if any of the first party amps sounded as good.
It all fits in a 2U/400mm chassis. I need to replace the PSU as this one is giving me issues. It's a bad design but I've had it sitting on a shelf for a few years so I thought I might give it a shot.
- The Single Power ES-1/2 repair and restoration thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 44 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 3 minutes ago
- › [REVIEW] - UDac3 - Good things do come in small packages 5 minutes ago
- › Update On Current Status 7 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 8 minutes ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 9 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page latest FW download & general... 9 minutes ago
- › REVIEW: Vivo Xplay 3S + XE800 Mobile audio perfection 9 minutes ago
- › FiiO E12DIY Limited Edition Version---DIY your own sound ! 9 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by Audiophile1811
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by hitchhiker
- › Xiaomi Pistons 2.0 MK301 by Midgetguy
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by Rajikaru
- › MyST 1866 by cleg
- › The Enigma by Levaix
- › Bowers & Wilkins C5 S2 In-Ear Headphones, Black by twister6
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)