It is quite shocking that almost nothing can be salvaged from these amps but once fully rebuilt they do sound awesome.
Related Forum Threads
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 6/18/15 at 8:36am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Govibe Peak Last post on 7/9/12 at 12:12am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp upgrade for AH-D5000 Last post on 7/2/12 at 4:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The Beauty and the Beast... Woo WA2 vs WA22 Last post on 9/27/13 at 11:56am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Intro:- I was really excited when SoundMAGIC announced a couple of new earphones with a new “Reference” line up, Led by E80, their flagship, and subordinate E50( like Bumblebee), what I...
I was invited by Noontec to write a honest review of their Hammo S headphone. I tend to be very skeptical about lower-priced headphones, since the bottom tier of headphones/speakers tend to...
RHA T20 Review Tour Many thanks to RHA and forum member Rearwing for arranging the tour and the generosity of a 10-day listening period (my suspicion though is to pass some thanks to reviewer...
Construction, Materials, and Comfort: For starters, the protein leather is extremely soft and supple, and makes the ear pads and headband luxurious to touch. Heat retention actually isn't as bad...
I originally bought these after my earphones that came with my phone broke. After receiving these I was extremely pleased with the bass: it was boomy, punchy and felt powerful. These were also very...
- Headphone Impedance
The Single Power ES-1/2 repair and restoration thread - Page 11
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
I don't want to speak on anyone else's behalf but I'm guessing he likes it sounds ~fabulous~ once it's properly built.
I've never heard a BHSE, but I just finished up my own variation on the ES-X and t's a huge step up from the SRD-7 and SRM-1 mk2. I also got to try it with the SR-007, and the SRM-1 mk2 didn't stand a chance against it. Spritzer kindly sent me a schematic for a version with current sources on the output, which I built. I've since added current sources to the input as well- not a huge difference as far as I can hear. Mine's with 12AT7 like the original SR-X, and EL34s on the output.
I'd definitely encourage people to try it as a DIY project. It's fairly inexpensive and simple to build (no hard to source parts!), and I'd be surprised if any of the first party amps sounded as good.
It all fits in a 2U/400mm chassis. I need to replace the PSU as this one is giving me issues. It's a bad design but I've had it sitting on a shelf for a few years so I thought I might give it a shot.
- The Single Power ES-1/2 repair and restoration thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Q701 impressions thread 8 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 43 seconds ago
- › The all new Continental Dual Mono 1 minute ago
- › Cardas Ear Speaker EM5813 3 minutes ago
- › Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign 6 minutes ago
- › Dt880 vs k712 pro?? 7 minutes ago
- › 🌅 Official 2015 SF Head-Fi Meet, July 18, 2015, Doubletree San... 7 minutes ago
- › NAD Viso HP50 : Another superb headphone from Paul Barton? 7 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 8 minutes ago
- › Gustard Amplifiers and DACs 10 minutes ago
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by suman134
- › Noontec Hammo S Over Ear Headphone Audiophile Sound Stylish Looking... by Lunatique
- › RHA T20 by LFC_SL
- › OPPO PM-3 by RazrLeaf
- › Xtreme Xplosives In Ear by Omar717
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by morethansense
- › Sony XBA-10/N Gold | Balanced Armature In-Ear Headphones (Japanese... by LikeABell
- › Joseph Grado HPA-1 by kayandjohn
- › Creative Sound Blaster E1 Portable Headphone Amplifier with... by Evshrug
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1+ Bluetooth Wireless Headphones by pformagg
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)