Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Opinions needed on the UE Triple-Fi 10's
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Opinions needed on the UE Triple-Fi 10's

post #1 of 23
Thread Starter 
I just recently came into possession of some Triple-Fi 10's which I find to be incredible in-ear monitors.

However......I don't feel like I really am WOW'D by them, just pleasantly surprised. By no means do I feel ripped off, because I did get them used and at an incredible price (thanks bilavideo).

This brings me to my question, is it worth it to keep going with them and find the right pair of tips that perfectly fit my ear, or go with a cheaper pair? I'm thinking Audeo or the Turbines.....but I still really like the UE's.


I NEED HELP PLZ!!!!
post #2 of 23
if you're not satisfied.. sell it and go w/ a different pair

are you sure you're getting a seal? what dont u like about them
post #3 of 23
Thread Starter 
I really don't understand the "seal" thing. It's a lot harder to hear from the outside noises, but other than that.....I guess I am not getting the "seal".

I'm hesitant to sell them because I'm sick right now and I also want to try them when I'm not ill and find a good pair of tips to listen and find that seal.
post #4 of 23
have you heard hi-end earphones before? i see you reference the ue5 which is a nice phone, but have you owned it? one of the problems with hi-end phones is that no matter how good they are, they are, they won't wow you if your expectations match the dollar price of the unit.

the first pair that truly wow'd me were the um2 - after having owned shure's se530. it was expensive of course, but not as much as the se530. i think it depends on what you want in the music - for me, i wanted comfort, high quality cabling and housing. the um2 did all of that, but the sound was for me, not the best match to my preferences.

eventually, i found the atrio m5 which was closer, the turbine which is also a good middler, the pfe which is also great and a few others. my current fav is the ck10 from audio technica. others hate it.

it could be that you are not getting seal or the earpieces are poor for your ears. it could be you have expected too much and it could be that the earphones are not a good match for you!

cheers
post #5 of 23
I would definitely wait until you are not sick - being sick impairs hearing so you may not be getting everything the headphones have to offer.

As for the seal issue, a good seal refers to when the tip completely "seals" your ear canal off from the outside world. In other words, there is zero space between the inside of your ear canal and the tip. A proper seal allows for deeper bass, better isolation, and better overall SQ. The phones may stay in your ear better too.
post #6 of 23
TF10 is not a popular High End IEM right now because there are a lot of choices on the market, and more people seem to like a Mid focused sound sig instead of a high/treble focused sound sig. Just my theory- you may want another iem.
post #7 of 23
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by shigzeo View Post
have you heard hi-end earphones before? i see you reference the ue5 which is a nice phone, but have you owned it? one of the problems with hi-end phones is that no matter how good they are, they are, they won't wow you if your expectations match the dollar price of the unit.

the first pair that truly wow'd me were the um2 - after having owned shure's se530. it was expensive of course, but not as much as the se530. i think it depends on what you want in the music - for me, i wanted comfort, high quality cabling and housing. the um2 did all of that, but the sound was for me, not the best match to my preferences.

eventually, i found the atrio m5 which was closer, the turbine which is also a good middler, the pfe which is also great and a few others. my current fav is the ck10 from audio technica. others hate it.

it could be that you are not getting seal or the earpieces are poor for your ears. it could be you have expected too much and it could be that the earphones are not a good match for you!

cheers
I haven't owned high-end headphones. The best I've had before were skullcandy Titans/Full Metal jackets.

I went with the UE's because I was looking for quality and the sound and to its credit, I do love it. The sound is much fuller and not as overwhelming as my other phones have been.

They fit very well. especially the dual-phlange. I also am able to hear much more than before, and here it constantly and not have to focus on hearing it.

I guess I just had too high of expectations
post #8 of 23
If you don't like, just sell it, or trade with me,

I am finding 10 pro to trade with my um3x. You can have add some money on top, just pm me for detail
post #9 of 23
TF10P one of my fav. If given second chance, will definitely kept it.
post #10 of 23
Yeah, you could trade for my IE8's too. *cough*
post #11 of 23
or you could turn it into a custom!
post #12 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel908 View Post
I really don't understand the "seal" thing. It's a lot harder to hear from the outside noises, but other than that.....I guess I am not getting the "seal".

I'm hesitant to sell them because I'm sick right now and I also want to try them when I'm not ill and find a good pair of tips to listen and find that seal.
You can read about and check this seal test here: Sensaphonics / Seal Test
post #13 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott_Tarlow View Post
TF10 is not a popular High End IEM right now because there are a lot of choices on the market, and more people seem to like a Mid focused sound sig instead of a high/treble focused sound sig. Just my theory- you may want another iem.
What else is there for £165?
post #14 of 23
I like TF10s
post #15 of 23
if you can hear the bass, which is pretty strong IMO, you already have a good seal. have you heard any of the IEMs more known for their mids? 'cause TF10pro isn't one of them.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Opinions needed on the UE Triple-Fi 10's