What are some good songs to listen to that shows how good the sound stage is with these headphones?
Related Forum Threads
- Wanted in Australia - AKG K701/Q701/K702, Sennheiser HD650 & HiFi Man HE-500 Last post on 5/19/13 at 5:27pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- AKG Q701 bass Last post on 8/30/13 at 9:06am in Headphones (full-size)
- I need advice on new cans and amping, so many choices... Last post on 11/30/12 at 7:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for Hi-Fi/AV use Last post on 10/4/12 at 5:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG k702 VS Sennheiser HD650: which would work better for my taste? Last post on 7/1/13 at 2:17am in Headphones (full-size)
Not too much to say here other than that these headphones are stellar! I mostly listen to my vinyl collection with these bad boys and it's an absolute joy. I purchased an external amp to power them...
Man are these awesome , they're cheap..but as all Beyers they sound fu**** awesome , these are clean , fun and dynamic , they sound excellent Let me preface this by telling this...
This is actually the first "over-head" headphone i ever bought, but compared to my philips and LG tone+ this one is a lot more for 70$, i mainly use it on my gaming rig with sound card...
Ok we'll these were my first over ear headphones I fell in love with and there's plenty of reasons for that, I'll talk about the durability, comfort level and mind blowing bass first -...
My video review for those interested: The VS3S is a VSONIC’s latest earphone, and they have made a big claim. That is that these VS3S as well as their brother VSD3(at the current price of...
AKG K702 Impressions. - Page 14
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Arild Anderson album "Hyperborean" track no.2
Buddha-Bar IX 2CD's by Ravin, track no. 1 Sospiro by Bardo State
Buddha-Bar IX 2CD's by Ravin, track no. 8 from CD1 "Heart Beat Of Life" by Existence.
Let us know:-)
In my experience some amps can cause this problem, but most of the amps keep K702 sound stage depth equal to his own sound sphere.
Fast forward about 12 months.
Which is the better of the 3??
Well.. my first pair of full size headphones. Have bought both K702 and Sennheiser Momentum recently. Trying to find headphones that are better than my in ear Klipsch X10....K702 achieve this and I am just running portable sony cd player via FII06.
I think they sound really good. Probably can get much better but so far so good! Might get full desktop amp to power soon.
X10 extremely good by they way - recommend them.
Momentum - returned - can not get close to X10 or K702. Disappointed with these especially after reading reviews.
There's a whole load of fake momentums doing the rounds at the moment. Is there a chance they weren't genuine? Saying that though, I did demo a pair briefly and was bit exactly blown away.
I doubt it (and hope not) as they were from Amazon Germany (not reseller). I don't think they were bad but the treble clarity and mid range from x10 and k702 are exceptional (to me) so I couldn't get used to them (also returned M50x). My uneducated view is that good headphones show themselves in midrange like vocals. Just a subjective view as these all are....
Now looking to choose an amp for k702. Does not seem an easy task!
Just received a pair of 702's.
No sign of the AKG bumps on the headband that I had been reading about...
Love the single detachable cable, the left can on my Grado's had just died - twisty horrible mess that they were - hence this purchase.
Tame Impala, innerspeaker:
Some serious panning on this album, phasers flying left and right etc
I feel like I'm riding on the back of a unicorn, being drenched in pearl hued jelly beans.
Analogue synths are particularly prominent, not intrusive, just beautifully present and correct.
All of that with no 'burn in' and listening straight out of my laptop's headphone jack, no amp, no DAC...
...had heard that I would need an amp to power them. In fact I've LOWERED the volume I usually listen at, and I normally love huge volume.
Grew up with my head stuck to the side of the family stereo at full blast.
Everything I had heard my Grado s60i's would be, coming from crappy earbuds, is true/r of these headphones:
wider sound stage, much greater detail, ability to enjoy music at lower volumes (that never really happened with the Grado's).
Bowie, Hunky Dory:
Something I had noticed earlier is more pronounced here, a sort of gap in the middle and a low end that's somehow lacking.
A less cohesive listening experience.
Still very, very good but the sparser instrumentation/production is seemingly not as suited to these headphones - for rock music at least.
Maybe I need to mess with the eq settings (my usual smiley face setting had been getting gradually flatter during Innerspeaker...)
Next step is some classical music and an afternoon of perusing the internet for a dac/amp and we'll see where we go from there.
Early impressions: Wow.
- AKG K702 Impressions.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Music Game IX 5 seconds ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 12 seconds ago
- › Schiit Modi and Magni with AudioEngine A2+ 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 3 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 3 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 3 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X1 | Review & Comparison 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by WavyGravy1
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 710 Trendline Stereo Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Marshall Headphones - 'Major' Over Ear (Black) by Kordz
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by 12cc2
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by Tom22
- › AKG K 550 by QBoQBo
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by smellyfungus
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by hans030390
- › Fostex TH 900 by archeryc
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)