Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › AKG K702 Impressions.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

AKG K702 Impressions. - Page 2

post #16 of 204
Just ordered the K 702, so I can see for myself what the controversy is all about.
post #17 of 204
I have a new amp on the way so in about two weeks or so you could borrow one of my ph100's to test out for a couple weeks. You have to pay for all the shipping though lol.
post #18 of 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by priest View Post
Just ordered the K 702, so I can see for myself what the controversy is all about.
Burn in 300 hours, and then you can see
post #19 of 204
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyriel0 View Post
I have a new amp on the way so in about two weeks or so you could borrow one of my ph100's to test out for a couple weeks. You have to pay for all the shipping though lol.
YGPM
post #20 of 204
My K702's arrived in the mail just today, along with a Headroom Micro Desktop DAC. Woo Audio WA6 is being made and will arrive later.

Right at this moment, I'm listening to the Grateful Dead's "American Beauty" in 96 KHz 24 bit DVD Audio. It's coming out of a SoundBlaster Audigy into a little Logitech 5.1 speaker set headphone jack. Not exactly ideal conditions and not a drop of the much touted burn-in, but it sounds phenomenal. The acoustic guitars on "Friend of the Devil" have turned into a nearly entirely different song that is so much better than what I'm used to. Can't wait to hear the amp.
post #21 of 204
Hehehe...time for some 702 psycho acoustic party.
post #22 of 204
Thread Starter 
I was listening to Clapton's Unplugged album and it is absolutely amazing.
post #23 of 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acix View Post
Burn in 300 hours, and then you can see
Noted, my friend, thanks.
post #24 of 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by CandlePower View Post
My K702's arrived in the mail just today, along with a Headroom Micro Desktop DAC. Woo Audio WA6 is being made and will arrive later.

Right at this moment, I'm listening to the Grateful Dead's "American Beauty" in 96 KHz 24 bit DVD Audio. It's coming out of a SoundBlaster Audigy into a little Logitech 5.1 speaker set headphone jack. Not exactly ideal conditions and not a drop of the much touted burn-in, but it sounds phenomenal. The acoustic guitars on "Friend of the Devil" have turned into a nearly entirely different song that is so much better than what I'm used to. Can't wait to hear the amp.
The WA6 will transform them into a new beast. They excell with good tube amplifiction and synergy. My Bada12/DAC 1/701 combo was a very euphoric combintion.
post #25 of 204
Thread Starter 
Well the K702's have 240 hours that I have put on them. I would guess they had about at least 50 hours on them when I got them. So they are probably close to the 300 hour mark. They sound much more open, they have smoothed out too, I am really enjoying them even more. They are starting to almost sound better than my speaker setup which I never thought I would ever reach in headphones.
post #26 of 204
Yes, the K702 remind me the sound of the Adams monitors, ::ADAM::Professional Audio::
post #27 of 204
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acix View Post
Yes, the K702 remind me the sound of the Adams monitors, ::ADAM::Professional Audio::
Hmm I have never heard those monitors. I am more into home stereo than studio recording. I am using a pair of Vintage Polk Audio SDA 2b's, they are hooked up to a Cayin MT-88MKII Tube Integrated. They sound amazing and have been my reference way of listening to music, however the K702's are starting to become a very good competitor.
post #28 of 204
I use the K702 with my Millett MiniMAX.. I find them quite detailed and enjoyable. In fact, I'm wishing I wasn't at work right now so I could sit back, relax, and put on Clapton's Unplugged, just like someone posted above.
post #29 of 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyeyes View Post
I was listening to Clapton's Unplugged album and it is absolutely amazing.
Clapton is extremely anal about his recording quality (which is great) and always makes sure the best production possible is put into it. That's what he claims at least. I love his recordings and his music, but there are even better ones out there. If you want to hear an excellent one that is far from clipping and even pretty soft by today's standards, listen to Chris Rea's The Road To Hell. It's one of my favorite albums to listen to.
post #30 of 204
Thread Starter 
I checked out that Chris Rea album I like it. Thanks for the recommendation Phil.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › AKG K702 Impressions.