- 16 Posts. Joined 12/2008
- Location: Vancouver, BC
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Headamp Pico Unsampling DAC serial# 099 (Black) Last post on 12/8/13 at 12:22pm in Source Components For Sale / Trade
- Ross Martin Audio DACs? BB PCM1794 based DAC ($199 single DAC, $399 dual DAC with headamp) Last post on 10/31/14 at 12:26am in Dedicated Source Components
- Pico Upsampling USB DAC: Weekend + Cyber Monday Sale (Nov 27-29 only) Last post on 9/20/13 at 8:15am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- The best portable DAC/Amp? TTVJ or Head Amp? Last post on 8/2/10 at 10:15am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Balanced headamp with two different balanced inputs? Last post on 7/21/10 at 6:00pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Sound Signature. If I were to describe this cans, the V shape would be fitting, but it is just a moderate V shape, nothing overly pronounced but not flat by any means. Bass. This is where the...
After spending some time auditioning and researching I've finally found that illusive nirvana, the perfect mix of price, design and sound for me. I wanted a DAC minus the frills. As a HD800...
I have felt compelled to attempt my first review after recently building Bottleheads premium diy headphone amplifier offering the Bottlehead Mainline. I have built a few of their kits now and...
First of all I would like to thank FiiO for choosing me as part of the world tour of the new X3 DAP. I am pretty new in reviewing audio devices, and I feel really grateful for including...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
Wavelength Proton USB DAC/headamp review - Page 2
post #16 of 18
1/28/10 at 3:18pm
I just received my Proton DAC. Out of the box, my 96/24 files sound horrible - lots of background hissing. I'm using a Mac. Any thoughts? Is this because the unit isn't broken in yet?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
post #17 of 18
6/29/10 at 6:28am
I've reviewed Proton on audiostereo.pl ( http://www.audiostereo.pl/Test_Wavelength_Audio_Proton_USB_DAC_64309.html ) - 4 Me was:
- too polite and smooth (not so airy like my Stello DA 100 Signature)
- too weak to drive corectly HD 580 Precision
post #18 of 18
5/1/12 at 2:00am
- Wavelength Proton USB DAC/headamp review
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Currently, there are 2913 Active Users (633 Members and 2280 Guests)
- › New Millett Hybrid Maxed Amp 1 minute ago
- › RHA T10i Tour & Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Pioneer HDJ-2000MK2 new Pro-DJ headphones 3 minutes ago
- › ZMF x Vibro & ZMF Blackwood Discussion Thread. 3 minutes ago
- › Open headphone soundstage vs volume (?) 3 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 3 minutes ago
- › New M8 DAC from SMSL (9018/XMOS) 3 minutes ago
- › Cleaning up the sound of STAX phones with SORBOTHANE: LAMBDAS,... 4 minutes ago
- › Cypher Labs Algorhythm Duet 4 minutes ago
- › Creative Aurvana Live! Headphones by MCouary
- › Arcam irDAC Audiophile Grade Digital to Analog Converter by cub3
- › Bottlehead Mainline by JamieMcC
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by viperxp
- › MEElectronics Air-Fi® Matrix2 AF62 Stereo Bluetooth®... by YoYo JoKeR
- › Graham Slee Solo Ultra Linear Headphone Amplifier by mark2410
- › Topping VX1 2x25W Hi-Fi Power Stereo Subwoofer Amplifier... by YoYo JoKeR
- › Aurisonics ASG-2.5 Generic Fit Digital-Hybrid In-Ear Monitors in... by Hawaiibadboy
- › Graham Slee Majestic DAC by mark2410
- › MEElectronics HT-21 Travel Lightweight Headphone with Swivel Cups,... by YoYo JoKeR
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2