Can someone tell me how you get free earphones to review? I'd love to review earphones but I don't really have a lot to spend.
Related Forum Threads
- Soundmagic pl 50 (with fiio e5) or headdirect re2 (with fiio e5) Last post on 9/28/11 at 8:05am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- FYI: pure_tone UK ebay seller of soundmagic (PL50 &PL30) Last post on 3/9/11 at 10:16am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Tips for Sound Magic PL50? Last post on 4/23/11 at 12:30am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- SoundMagic PL50 vs Brainwavz M2 Last post on 10/15/11 at 11:52am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- $100 mid-centric phone? Last post on 9/11/10 at 10:54am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
From the Doukaudio website: "Shenzheng Cavins Technology Co.,LTD has been established since 2014.. We are devoted to design and research of hi-end level of audio equipments under our own brand...
Brainwavz Intro ABOUT US Brainwavz provides high-end earphones specifically designed for high-quality sound and tailor-made to provide the user with a solution that can be used across a wide range...
Lindemann musicbook:10 DSD A Serious Common Denominator | PREVIOUS REVIEW | REVIEW INDEX | NEXT REVIEW | INTRODUCTION Angles of Approach There’s always been a certain connotation...
http://www.fidue.com/content/view?brand=fidue_en&item=81&core=news Fidue have been active for some years now and they seem to have release great quality products / earphones. Personally,...
Beyerdynamic has been a tried and true brand for me over the years. In fact, their T70p was my first ever headphone I purchased over $200 (how the times have changed). Their quality and...
SoundMAGIC PL-50 released, received, reviewed!!! - Page 24
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #347 of 3624/24/12 at 10:30am
I've had my PL-50s for two years now, the sound quality and isolation are very good and I recommend them to everyone looking for a good iem under 50$ (maybe more). They have always performed well and were well taken care off but I've noticed the right side as started to sound quieter! Anyone else with this problem? The cable and jack are fine, there is no noticeable cable malfunction...post #348 of 3624/24/12 at 11:10amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by Francisco
I've had my PL-50s for two years now, the sound quality and isolation are very good and I recommend them to everyone looking for a good iem under 50$ (maybe more). They have always performed well and were well taken care off but I've noticed the right side as started to sound quieter! Anyone else with this problem? The cable and jack are fine, there is no noticeable cable malfunction...
The first thing to check would be the metal mesh filter, might be some earwax clogging behind it. Won't be too easy to clean if that's the case. If not, then the driver might have came to its age. Nothing to do but to lay it to rest.post #349 of 3624/24/12 at 11:18ampost #350 of 3625/5/12 at 6:03am
Hi. I received a pair of these phones yesterday. They are in process of braking in... I am a bit disapointed with them. Most has to do with ear-buds. One pair of those sponge-like is broken. Tiny plastic inside that goes on the nozzle fell off immediately. Other are either very hard to fit onto the nozzle or they fell off easily. Total crap if you ask me. Than I also noticed those grills in the nozzle. On is very lose and I feel like it is gonna fell out to my ear. I am afraid of that...so has anyone any idea how to fix that? Would some super glue help? I am afraid that I might brake them doing that...but if this thing fell of into my ear...well lets just say it will not be great.post #351 of 3625/25/12 at 4:04ampost #352 of 3625/25/12 at 5:38amThread StarterThe housing is known to be able to split apart since they are glued together in the first place and the glue doesn't seem to be the strongest of the world. You can however glued them back with superglue and they will never come apart again. Sending them back to repair will be much more troublesome (*not that you can't do it) since it could get lost on its way back to China (or coming back).post #353 of 3625/25/12 at 6:30amQuote:Originally Posted by forensic fox
Are they fragile?
They do have plastic housings that aren't made with a space-age polymer... Mine are over 2 years old and still sound great. You can't treat them like they are titanium, but ClieOS is right about a little SuperGlue fixing the housing seam, if it splits. Emphasis on the "little." Don't glob it on.
They are still the best value in BA phones...
And ITau, they don't really need to be "broken-in," as they are balanced armature phones, not dynamic. Just enjoy listening to them and make sure that you get a good seal. I've used the same foams tips forever. They too can be fixed with a dab of glue if the inner sleeve pops loose. You can also find foam tips on the net that work well with them.
Edited by Judge Buff - 5/25/12 at 6:31ampost #354 of 3625/25/12 at 6:56am
Hey there ClieOS,
I was about to ask you if you find the Hifiman RE262 (I know it's colored) and the Vsonic GR01 (will sell GR07) to make for a couple of nice upgrades over the smooth, slightly warm, midcentric sound of the PL50?
RE262 to build up on the midcentric signature and add some refinement.
GR01 to maintain or improve the natural tonality of the PL50 while striving for a more 'reference' goal.
Do you think of any better option around 150 - 200$ range for a PL50 upgrade?
(Compared to the PL50, the GR07 doesn't offer me a satisfying midrange presence nor tonality... it sounds a bit to warm and distant, sometimes it seems to smooth out detail a bit to much to my liking then the ressonant and unrefined treble and lesser performance at higher volumes just makes things worse... I hope the GR01 is better in this regard...)
I really like the PL50... sometimes I prefer it over the GR07 because of the above.
Thanks!post #355 of 3625/25/12 at 7:04ampost #356 of 3625/25/12 at 7:50amThread StarterQuote:
While RE262 is one of the ultimate vocal IEM, it does sound better if you have a more powerful source (or amp). GR07 doesn't exactly have a thick mid, so it won't be surprising for you to prefer PL50 over GR07 on vocal. I won't call GR01 a mid centric IEM either, but it is closer to PL50 than GR07. However, I think you should look at TDK BA200 first.Quote:
Isolation on PL50 is only so-so, even on foam tips. Shure generally has really good isolation so it will be hard to find another IEM to match it. You will have better luck with Etymotic.post #357 of 3625/26/12 at 3:13pmQuote:
I can only get them to seal well with olive-type foams (with the inner plastic sleeve) and a couple of different bi-flange tips, preferably silicone. That said, the foams are very comfortable for me and I can sleep with the phones in my ears.post #358 of 3625/23/14 at 8:48am
Hello guys, considering that i came from a pair of sennheiser's CX880 and will be using them on an iPod Nano and probably with a BSG Cmoy. Are these IEM a good substitute <75usd or are better IEM out there?post #359 of 3625/25/14 at 6:59pmThread StarterQuote:
There are plenty of better IEM under $75 these days. Check out the Xiaomi Piston 2, Ostry KC06A, Zero Audio Tenore (which I haven't heard but get great review). There are probably a couple more if you search around.post #360 of 3625/27/14 at 9:04amQuote:
And if i can stretch my budget a little bit. Considering the Sennheiser IE80 vs Shure Se215. What would be the best? Will they benefit from amping?Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- SoundMAGIC PL-50 released, received, reviewed!!!
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 54 seconds ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 3 minutes ago
- › New Inear Prophile-8 6 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-7506 7 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 9 minutes ago
- › HE400s vs Fidelio X2 vs DT770 vs AKG K7XX 9 minutes ago
- › π Audio - "Pai Audio" 11 minutes ago
- › New Custom-to-Universal IEMs: InEar StageDiver 2/3 13 minutes ago
- › Help me choose a headphone for home listening 14 minutes ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 16 minutes ago
- › Nobsound NS-01E Mini Tube Headphone Amplifier Stereo HiFi Amp Audio... by crabdog
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by Wokei
- › Lindemann musicbook:10 DSD by thatonenoob
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by DynamikeB
- › Beyerdynamic T5p by Army-Firedawg
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by Johannus
- › LZ-A4 by peter123
- › Etymotic ER4XR by leaky74
- › Etymotic ER4SR by leaky74
- › Effect Audio - Thor Silver II by sonickarma
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear