- 305 Posts. Joined 4/2009
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Reserved Last post on 9/16/12 at 8:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need help. fake or real Last post on 3/23/11 at 2:07pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Just have a question about buying an ie8 from ebay Last post on 1/14/11 at 4:29pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE8 successor. Last post on 2/4/11 at 10:44am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- My Brain, My Ears, My Gosh! Last post on 9/30/10 at 3:38pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Aune M2 Pro Review Intro : Since the past few years I had kept myself away from trying out any new DAPs or audio gear since I was pretty satisfied with my Fiio X5 (1st gen) and Sansa Clip...
The product was provided to me free of charge for the review purpose in exchange for my honest opinion. The review was originally posted on my blog, and now I would like to share it with all my...
Some "Provenance" to the Brand Name: Ocharaku is a "tea themed" company based in Japan. Focusing on Dynamic Driver IEM's, Ocharaku pushes the envelope when it comes to breaking the negative...
Introduction: The Fischer Audio Totem Paco (FE-131) is a newly released earphone from Fischer Audio. They’re small, built well and sound good. Want to know more? Read on. Below is the...
I was sent a couple of the ShareMe headphones to try recently for review purposes. The name of the company isn't one that I'm familiar with but I have seen various low priced offerings on...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
The simplest yet most amazing tip for IE8 owners (updated)(slow for 56k) - Page 4
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Fit is ok, but does get slightly uncomfortable after a while..
If i try a smaller tip, it doesnt isolate properly
Uncomfortable after half-an-hour is a sign of improper fit or incompatible tip, you can
try flipping the senn single flange inside out and see if that helps.
BTW, nice picture! Kinda over-sharpened though.
Sound: i find bass more defined, deeper, more in quantity. Mids maybe recessed just a bit, highs little bit quieter sometimes, a bit better defined. Probably i´ll try to find even better tip somewhere. Interesting thing is that i have small earcanal (don´t know how exactly is it called) so this tip comes to my ear just to first flange so the headphone itself is placed far from my head and it look weird .
Wow, found this simple tip in a google search, and it has basically changed the way I think of the sound signature of the IE8's. I purchased these in January, and ever since I've been sort of struggling with these (do I like them? do i not?). A lot of these had to do with the frustration of finding the right tip, etc
I'd be concerned about one of the tips coming off and getting stuck in my ear.... I had that happen with an Etymotic tri-flange once. Might be a good idea to keep a pair of tweezers handy
Happens to me all the time, with all kind of tips unless the fit of the tips are tight. I actually use the plug to get them off my ears when a tweezer isn't handy, it's the price I have to pay for getting a really good seal with most iems....lol.
Thanks for this thread!
The backwards bi-semi-flange-mushroom-thingy with a single flange silicone covering over it gives me the best seal Ive had with the IE8.
Stock tips that came with it gave me a lot of frustration: I couldnt get a full seal with any of them, the only ones that came close were the large foamies.
With this combination (as seen in Kwang411's picture) I get perfect seal and first time i really notice the midbass-bump. (needs a bit EQ'ing for most music).
Only downside is they protrude a bit further from the ears but not too badly. Comfort is ok, not perfect but good enough to wear several hours without problems.
I will still probably end up having custom sleeves made but until then this is a good solution.
I do wonder what Sennheiser was thinking when they designed the fit for these, cause other IEMs like my akg's I can just shove in and get a perfect fit/seal every time, but with the IE8 it turns into a serious challenge for me, which is pretty frustrating. I dont think my ears are very weird but I do think the ' flap' that starts at the face-side and goes towards covering part of the earhole is a bit larger for me then average. I guess that gets in the way of the rather large housings of the IE8, pressing them out of place enough to prevent a seal.
- The simplest yet most amazing tip for IE8 owners (updated)(slow for 56k)
- › NEW! SONY NW-WM1 HI-END DAP 8 seconds ago
- › Echobox Finder X1 review/impressions/discussion thread 1 minute ago
- › Grado Modders Go Nhoord?!?! 2 minutes ago
- › OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD800S Unveiled! 3 minutes ago
- › Meze 12 Classics review tour - worldwide reviewers wanted! 3 minutes ago
- › oBravo Planar Magnetic Earphones Land in UK 3 minutes ago
- › Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM... 5 minutes ago
- › Aune M2 32BIT DSD portable music player by Faheem
- › Westone MMCX Bluetooth Cable, 78548 by twister6
- › Ocharaku Co-Donguri IEM by kevingzw
- › Fischer Audio Totem Paco by crabdog
- › Mixcder ShareMe Wireless Bluetooth Headphones,Built in Mic for... by iancraig10
- › Mixcder ANC-G5 Active Noise Cancelling Hi-Fi In-ear Headphones,... by pkshiu
- › Superlux HD-668 B by HiFiChris
- › Meze 99 Classics by HansBarbarossa
- › Cayin i5 by cleg
- › MrSpeakers ETHER C by Delayeed
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...