- 305 Posts. Joined 4/2009
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Reserved Last post on 9/16/12 at 8:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need help. fake or real Last post on 3/23/11 at 2:07pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Just have a question about buying an ie8 from ebay Last post on 1/14/11 at 4:29pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE8 successor. Last post on 2/4/11 at 10:44am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- My Brain, My Ears, My Gosh! Last post on 9/30/10 at 3:38pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I have had 2 pairs and both have stopped working, these aren't professional headphones and I'd stay away from them if you want to keep them longer than a year of professional use. Spend your...
just want to order one and will try the reviews once get it FBA seems be fast waiting
I have 50 hours active listening and another 150 passive/occasional on these. Equipment: Ragnarok, Gungnir, Sony CD 5 CD tray, Senn HD-600 set up for balanced Listen to Yes ('15 Remix,...
At the time this review was written the FLC 8S was listed for sale on Amazon and Musicteck’s website. Here are links for more information and purchase....
The review you are about to read is very personal and contains details some might find boring or unimportant. You have been warned. My personal search for a great headphone began with a love...
The simplest yet most amazing tip for IE8 owners (updated)(slow for 56k) - Page 4post #46 of 566/22/09 at 6:55pmThread StarterEargasm! But there's someone partying in the back...
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 566/28/09 at 5:42pmI tried this combo, and i gotta say, it rly does work wonderfully to increase the width of the soundstage! It feels like i'm moved from first row to second or third row, which i like acutally.
Fit is ok, but does get slightly uncomfortable after a while..
If i try a smaller tip, it doesnt isolate properlypost #48 of 566/28/09 at 5:51pmThread StarterThank you for your impression!
Uncomfortable after half-an-hour is a sign of improper fit or incompatible tip, you can
try flipping the senn single flange inside out and see if that helps.
BTW, nice picture! Kinda over-sharpened though.post #49 of 568/24/09 at 3:08pmI did the tip just like kwang411 only i used medium silicone tip instead of big one. Isolation is far far the best i have with stock tips, sound is great, soundstage is bigger just a bit (this don´t have to be true, to other tips i listened only few minutes so i´m not sure). With stock tips IE8 were unconfortable because of their strange shape, with these it is very confortable.
Sound: i find bass more defined, deeper, more in quantity. Mids maybe recessed just a bit, highs little bit quieter sometimes, a bit better defined. Probably i´ll try to find even better tip somewhere. Interesting thing is that i have small earcanal (don´t know how exactly is it called) so this tip comes to my ear just to first flange so the headphone itself is placed far from my head and it look weird .post #50 of 567/19/10 at 3:20pmpost #51 of 564/25/11 at 11:31am
Wow, found this simple tip in a google search, and it has basically changed the way I think of the sound signature of the IE8's. I purchased these in January, and ever since I've been sort of struggling with these (do I like them? do i not?). A lot of these had to do with the frustration of finding the right tip, etc
Thanks!post #52 of 564/25/11 at 12:26pmpost #53 of 564/25/11 at 9:42pmpost #54 of 565/2/11 at 8:17pm
I'd be concerned about one of the tips coming off and getting stuck in my ear.... I had that happen with an Etymotic tri-flange once. Might be a good idea to keep a pair of tweezers handypost #55 of 565/2/11 at 9:48pm
Happens to me all the time, with all kind of tips unless the fit of the tips are tight. I actually use the plug to get them off my ears when a tweezer isn't handy, it's the price I have to pay for getting a really good seal with most iems....lol.post #56 of 565/3/11 at 2:51am
Thanks for this thread!
The backwards bi-semi-flange-mushroom-thingy with a single flange silicone covering over it gives me the best seal Ive had with the IE8.
Stock tips that came with it gave me a lot of frustration: I couldnt get a full seal with any of them, the only ones that came close were the large foamies.
With this combination (as seen in Kwang411's picture) I get perfect seal and first time i really notice the midbass-bump. (needs a bit EQ'ing for most music).
Only downside is they protrude a bit further from the ears but not too badly. Comfort is ok, not perfect but good enough to wear several hours without problems.
I will still probably end up having custom sleeves made but until then this is a good solution.
I do wonder what Sennheiser was thinking when they designed the fit for these, cause other IEMs like my akg's I can just shove in and get a perfect fit/seal every time, but with the IE8 it turns into a serious challenge for me, which is pretty frustrating. I dont think my ears are very weird but I do think the ' flap' that starts at the face-side and goes towards covering part of the earhole is a bit larger for me then average. I guess that gets in the way of the rather large housings of the IE8, pressing them out of place enough to prevent a seal.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The simplest yet most amazing tip for IE8 owners (updated)(slow for 56k)
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › AEON, MrSpeakers' New Closed Back Planar Magnetic Headphone 50 seconds ago
- › FS: Beyerdynamic T90 Special Chrome Edition 1 minute ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster X7 - Detailed Review & Impressions 1 minute ago
- › Violectric HPA V281 - Vorsprung durch Balanced 1 minute ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 1 minute ago
- › Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing... 1 minute ago
- › Bose QC35 Wireless Noise-Cancelling Headphones 2 minutes ago
- › Discrete Op-Amps Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons) 3 minutes ago
- › Obscure Chinese DAPs 3 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH840 by Russell Folland
- › Seahf Metal Housing In-Ear Earbuds Headphones Noise Cancelling... by Byran
- › Fostex TH500RP by bagwell359
- › FLC Technology FLC 8S by Hisoundfi
- › Meze 99 Classics by dany111777
- › SONY Walkman A series NW-A35 (R) (16GB) (Sina bar Red) by meringo
- › Custom Art Harmony 8.2 by Ike1985
- › AUNE M1S 32BIT/384KHZ DSD128 3.5MM/2.5MM BALANCED HIFI AUDIOPHILE... by Hypespazm
- › Fischer Audio Totem Paco by B9Scrambler
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Cs by peaches
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear