- 305 Posts. Joined 4/2009
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Reserved Last post on 9/16/12 at 8:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need help. fake or real Last post on 3/23/11 at 2:07pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Just have a question about buying an ie8 from ebay Last post on 1/14/11 at 4:29pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE8 successor. Last post on 2/4/11 at 10:44am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- My Brain, My Ears, My Gosh! Last post on 9/30/10 at 3:38pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Edited on 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesEdited on 3/22/12
Reposting my original review from Amazon.com - these headphones are just too good to be left in the dustbin of history - for instance, I just bought a pair of Monoprice MEP-933, listed everywhere...
Somehow, the Ballad of Jed Clampett comes to mind, as I start to write this. You know, the Beverly Hillbillies. He was living his life, struck gold, and everything changed. That's kind of what...
Hi, Head-fiers. This is my first post as a newbie in the forum. I will give a short introduction of myself. I am 18 years old currently studying in high-school. I love headphones because...
Build Quality: For something hand built, the overall build quality is quite good. Of course, it isn’t nearly as perfect as something from a plastic molding machine but it is far ahead from the...
Disclaimer: My only other good cans to compare these to are Beyerdynamics DT770 (250). I fully realize this review will be biased because of that. So please keep that in mind. This review is my...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
The simplest yet most amazing tip for IE8 owners (updated)(slow for 56k) - Page 4
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Fit is ok, but does get slightly uncomfortable after a while..
If i try a smaller tip, it doesnt isolate properly
Uncomfortable after half-an-hour is a sign of improper fit or incompatible tip, you can
try flipping the senn single flange inside out and see if that helps.
BTW, nice picture! Kinda over-sharpened though.
Sound: i find bass more defined, deeper, more in quantity. Mids maybe recessed just a bit, highs little bit quieter sometimes, a bit better defined. Probably i´ll try to find even better tip somewhere. Interesting thing is that i have small earcanal (don´t know how exactly is it called) so this tip comes to my ear just to first flange so the headphone itself is placed far from my head and it look weird .
Wow, found this simple tip in a google search, and it has basically changed the way I think of the sound signature of the IE8's. I purchased these in January, and ever since I've been sort of struggling with these (do I like them? do i not?). A lot of these had to do with the frustration of finding the right tip, etc
I'd be concerned about one of the tips coming off and getting stuck in my ear.... I had that happen with an Etymotic tri-flange once. Might be a good idea to keep a pair of tweezers handy
Happens to me all the time, with all kind of tips unless the fit of the tips are tight. I actually use the plug to get them off my ears when a tweezer isn't handy, it's the price I have to pay for getting a really good seal with most iems....lol.
Thanks for this thread!
The backwards bi-semi-flange-mushroom-thingy with a single flange silicone covering over it gives me the best seal Ive had with the IE8.
Stock tips that came with it gave me a lot of frustration: I couldnt get a full seal with any of them, the only ones that came close were the large foamies.
With this combination (as seen in Kwang411's picture) I get perfect seal and first time i really notice the midbass-bump. (needs a bit EQ'ing for most music).
Only downside is they protrude a bit further from the ears but not too badly. Comfort is ok, not perfect but good enough to wear several hours without problems.
I will still probably end up having custom sleeves made but until then this is a good solution.
I do wonder what Sennheiser was thinking when they designed the fit for these, cause other IEMs like my akg's I can just shove in and get a perfect fit/seal every time, but with the IE8 it turns into a serious challenge for me, which is pretty frustrating. I dont think my ears are very weird but I do think the ' flap' that starts at the face-side and goes towards covering part of the earhole is a bit larger for me then average. I guess that gets in the way of the rather large housings of the IE8, pressing them out of place enough to prevent a seal.
- The simplest yet most amazing tip for IE8 owners (updated)(slow for 56k)
- › For Trade: AKG K501 (For PRO 750, CD900ST, others) just now
- › Band Name Game II 3 seconds ago
- › iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions,... 12 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 41 seconds ago
- › DX50 a new smaller DAP coming from iBasso. . .Specifications page... 53 seconds ago
- › Let's Catch A Thief!! (Update: CAUGHT!) 58 seconds ago
- › Modify a Go-Dap 3? 2 minutes ago
- › Little Dot MK VI / Little Dot MK VIII SE Owners Unite 2 minutes ago
- › The NEW WS99/WS77 PG 57.. 3 minutes ago
- › Analog Paper^2 Discussion and Appreciation Thread. 3 minutes ago
- › Philips in-Ear Headphones Crystal Sound SHE9620/28 (Rose Gold) by DozerCSX
- › Sony MDR-NC40 Noise Canceling Headphone (Black) by UmustBKidn
- › Sennheiser Momentum by iSennheiser
- › [Apollo] IEM Upgrade Cable by Effect Audio by ClieOS
- › Audio Technica ATH-M40FS Precision StudioPhones by UmustBKidn
- › JVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black... by daleb
- › Koss KSC75 Portable Stereophone Headphones by julian67
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by GSARider
- › Denon AH-D600 by johangrb
- › Sennheiser HD 250 Linear II by xEcuToR
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe