- 305 Posts. Joined 4/2009
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Reserved Last post on 9/16/12 at 8:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need help. fake or real Last post on 3/23/11 at 2:07pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Just have a question about buying an ie8 from ebay Last post on 1/14/11 at 4:29pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE8 successor. Last post on 2/4/11 at 10:44am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- My Brain, My Ears, My Gosh! Last post on 9/30/10 at 3:38pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
HiFiMAN RE-300h Review with RE-400 comparisons and comments Disclaimer: The following review is my subjective assessment of the headphone. I am in no way affiliated with HiFiMAN nor am I...
Sorry for no actual review as i have just got into audio recently and this is my first pair or good headphones. But even i could tell there was alot of sub bass not loud but its definitely...
Ever since picking these IEMs up, they have been my go-to pair for almost every genre of music. They provide a great balance of neutrality paired with extremely forward and lush mids which do not...
This is a very impressive can for less than 1000.00! If this was a 1300-1500.00 can, I wouldn't say it was overpriced. Especially given what some of the audeze and hd800 cost. Now I wouldn't say...
Hello Head-Fi It's been a while since I've participated here since I more or less found my end game and now I only have the urge to change my music player. Today I'll be writing about the AKG...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
The simplest yet most amazing tip for IE8 owners (updated)(slow for 56k) - Page 4
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Fit is ok, but does get slightly uncomfortable after a while..
If i try a smaller tip, it doesnt isolate properly
Uncomfortable after half-an-hour is a sign of improper fit or incompatible tip, you can
try flipping the senn single flange inside out and see if that helps.
BTW, nice picture! Kinda over-sharpened though.
Sound: i find bass more defined, deeper, more in quantity. Mids maybe recessed just a bit, highs little bit quieter sometimes, a bit better defined. Probably i´ll try to find even better tip somewhere. Interesting thing is that i have small earcanal (don´t know how exactly is it called) so this tip comes to my ear just to first flange so the headphone itself is placed far from my head and it look weird .
Wow, found this simple tip in a google search, and it has basically changed the way I think of the sound signature of the IE8's. I purchased these in January, and ever since I've been sort of struggling with these (do I like them? do i not?). A lot of these had to do with the frustration of finding the right tip, etc
I'd be concerned about one of the tips coming off and getting stuck in my ear.... I had that happen with an Etymotic tri-flange once. Might be a good idea to keep a pair of tweezers handy
Happens to me all the time, with all kind of tips unless the fit of the tips are tight. I actually use the plug to get them off my ears when a tweezer isn't handy, it's the price I have to pay for getting a really good seal with most iems....lol.
Thanks for this thread!
The backwards bi-semi-flange-mushroom-thingy with a single flange silicone covering over it gives me the best seal Ive had with the IE8.
Stock tips that came with it gave me a lot of frustration: I couldnt get a full seal with any of them, the only ones that came close were the large foamies.
With this combination (as seen in Kwang411's picture) I get perfect seal and first time i really notice the midbass-bump. (needs a bit EQ'ing for most music).
Only downside is they protrude a bit further from the ears but not too badly. Comfort is ok, not perfect but good enough to wear several hours without problems.
I will still probably end up having custom sleeves made but until then this is a good solution.
I do wonder what Sennheiser was thinking when they designed the fit for these, cause other IEMs like my akg's I can just shove in and get a perfect fit/seal every time, but with the IE8 it turns into a serious challenge for me, which is pretty frustrating. I dont think my ears are very weird but I do think the ' flap' that starts at the face-side and goes towards covering part of the earhole is a bit larger for me then average. I guess that gets in the way of the rather large housings of the IE8, pressing them out of place enough to prevent a seal.
- The simplest yet most amazing tip for IE8 owners (updated)(slow for 56k)
- › iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Audio Quality 17 seconds ago
- › DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . . . . dap FW... 27 seconds ago
- › The Stax Thread III 48 seconds ago
- › Centrance upcoming product for Iphone 5 above and Ipod Touch 5 : Hi... 1 minute ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW first look at the Zero Audio DuoZA iems... 2 minutes ago
- › AKG K812 Pro 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio E17k Alpen 2 Announced (23/12/2014) 2 minutes ago
- › Best Live Album? 3 minutes ago
- › Reversible AKG K701 bass mod 3 minutes ago
- › The Entry Level Stax Thread 4 minutes ago
- › HIFIMAN RE300h Earphone - Audiophile Earbud by conquerator2
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by Donnyboy98
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by cuiter23
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by moodyrn
- › AKG K551 Closed-Back Reference Class Headset with Mic (Black/Silver) by GL1TCH3D
- › JVC HAM55X High Quality Xtreme-Xplosvs Headphones by Thoft208
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by musikaladin
- › beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphones by rigodeni
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Zalithian
- › Sennheiser PX 95 Versatile On-Ear Headphones by inline79
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3