- 305 Posts. Joined 4/2009
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Reserved Last post on 9/16/12 at 8:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need help. fake or real Last post on 3/23/11 at 2:07pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Just have a question about buying an ie8 from ebay Last post on 1/14/11 at 4:29pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE8 successor. Last post on 2/4/11 at 10:44am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- My Brain, My Ears, My Gosh! Last post on 9/30/10 at 3:38pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Background It’s safe to say that Massdrop has played a decent role in both introducing new products to the headphone community while highlighting others through their group-purchase...
Introduction – The original d900 from Syllable made quite a splash when it first arrived on the market. It was one of the very first fully wireless earphones ever produced. Furthermore, it was...
The Fiio E12A Mont Blanc portable headphone amplifier is a great amp for IEM's and earbuds. The sound signature is slightly on the warm side, and presents a much fuller sound and wider...
**Disclaimer: I received the M3 from FiiO in return for my honest review** I have been watching FiiO's product line-up for quite some time. I've played with the X1 DAP owned by a friend and...
At the time this review was written the iBasso D14 Bushmaster DAC/Amplifier was for sale on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to iBasso’s product page display, and also a listing on Penon...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
The simplest yet most amazing tip for IE8 owners (updated)(slow for 56k) - Page 4
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Fit is ok, but does get slightly uncomfortable after a while..
If i try a smaller tip, it doesnt isolate properly
Uncomfortable after half-an-hour is a sign of improper fit or incompatible tip, you can
try flipping the senn single flange inside out and see if that helps.
BTW, nice picture! Kinda over-sharpened though.
Sound: i find bass more defined, deeper, more in quantity. Mids maybe recessed just a bit, highs little bit quieter sometimes, a bit better defined. Probably i´ll try to find even better tip somewhere. Interesting thing is that i have small earcanal (don´t know how exactly is it called) so this tip comes to my ear just to first flange so the headphone itself is placed far from my head and it look weird .
Wow, found this simple tip in a google search, and it has basically changed the way I think of the sound signature of the IE8's. I purchased these in January, and ever since I've been sort of struggling with these (do I like them? do i not?). A lot of these had to do with the frustration of finding the right tip, etc
I'd be concerned about one of the tips coming off and getting stuck in my ear.... I had that happen with an Etymotic tri-flange once. Might be a good idea to keep a pair of tweezers handy
Happens to me all the time, with all kind of tips unless the fit of the tips are tight. I actually use the plug to get them off my ears when a tweezer isn't handy, it's the price I have to pay for getting a really good seal with most iems....lol.
Thanks for this thread!
The backwards bi-semi-flange-mushroom-thingy with a single flange silicone covering over it gives me the best seal Ive had with the IE8.
Stock tips that came with it gave me a lot of frustration: I couldnt get a full seal with any of them, the only ones that came close were the large foamies.
With this combination (as seen in Kwang411's picture) I get perfect seal and first time i really notice the midbass-bump. (needs a bit EQ'ing for most music).
Only downside is they protrude a bit further from the ears but not too badly. Comfort is ok, not perfect but good enough to wear several hours without problems.
I will still probably end up having custom sleeves made but until then this is a good solution.
I do wonder what Sennheiser was thinking when they designed the fit for these, cause other IEMs like my akg's I can just shove in and get a perfect fit/seal every time, but with the IE8 it turns into a serious challenge for me, which is pretty frustrating. I dont think my ears are very weird but I do think the ' flap' that starts at the face-side and goes towards covering part of the earhole is a bit larger for me then average. I guess that gets in the way of the rather large housings of the IE8, pressing them out of place enough to prevent a seal.
- The simplest yet most amazing tip for IE8 owners (updated)(slow for 56k)
- › Best way to store HQ music 20 seconds ago
- › Hidition NT-6 Custom IEM Review: The Ultimate Reference? 31 seconds ago
- › Best open-back headphone for movie and music? 1 minute ago
- › Happy as a Pig in Schiit: Introducing Modi Multibit 1 minute ago
- › [US-NJ] SMLS SAD-25 Amp and Dac 1 minute ago
- › FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Rising cost of "audiophile" equipment and importance of bias/blind... 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit SYS Passive Preamp 2 minutes ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 3 minutes ago
- › Pioneer's First Hi-End Headphones: SE-Master 1 3 minutes ago
- › AKG K7XX by Aornic
- › SYLLABLE D900S Mini Wireless Bluetooth Earphone Waterproof... by ryanjsoo
- › FiiO E12A Mont Blanc Portable Headphone Amplifier for IEM Special... by Tayyab Pirzada
- › FiiO M3 - Digital Portable Music Player by Levistras
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by Hisoundfi
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by David Thomson
- › Audio-Technica ATH-A900LTD by Heepaholic
- › Sennheiser HD 800 Headphones by Jeremypsp
- › Fidue A91 Sirius by twister6
- › LZ-A2S by peter123
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...