Getting to grips with the combination of G100, Dacmagic and the HD650. One thing I will say for sure. The hd650 is not boring or veiled with this setup. It's actually sounding very neutral, almost monitor like. I never know these phones were capable of this resolution and speed.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productCambridge - Dac Magic - Digital to Analog Convertertagged by System, 6/21/10
- categoryDACstagged by System, 7/21/10
Related Forum Threads
- Bare Bones Dac Suggestions Last post on 8/22/12 at 12:06pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Best Budget DAC For Studio Monitors Last post on 1/23/16 at 6:58pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Impressions/Opinions on HRT Music Streamer II + needed Last post on 1/3/14 at 10:30am in Dedicated Source Components
- Hi-Fi Setup Last post on 10/7/10 at 7:21pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HiFi store pushing wireless system rather aggressively Last post on 8/24/10 at 1:31am in Dedicated Source Components
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
Budget audiophile brand Brainwavz Audio is back at it, closing out 2016 and kicking off 2017 with a bevy of new earphone offerings. Their timing was just right. Shortly before leaving for an...
Great lil on-ear headphone but a lil bit uncomfortable on ear. Not for someone who loves heavy bass but good for seeking clarity ;) My opinion, my first AKG product. Tried the AKG Y50 but to me,...
In Ears Prophile 8 IEM review January 2017 Intro I had heard of In Ears but did not know too much about them until I see them on the In-Ear stand at the Indulgence show in London...
MrZ's Toneking Musicmaker TingThe review that swayed me to get on-boardhttp://www.head-fi.org/products/musicmaker-ting/reviews/15584The slightly down-line 1/2 price...
Shozy has kindly provided me a review unit in exchange for the honest opinion. They are in active use for about 6 months. I should first note that my experience with IEM is a bit limited by now, so...
Cambridge DACMagic, anyone? (THREAD II) - Page 38
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #557 of 6432/14/11 at 1:35pm
Okey, my first weird reaction to the treble/bass balance seems to have been because my phase has been reversed. Clicking the phase button so that it reverses the phase brings out more weight to the music and especially to the bass. Apparently my amplifier either reverses phases or the Dacmagic was inverted as default. How does it sound to you guys if you switch phases?post #558 of 6433/22/11 at 1:08pm
I have this connected to my pc via usb. Will i get better sound if i buy a digital coax cable and connect it to my computers sound card?
Also i was thinking of buying rca to xlr adapters so its ballanced. Will this be worth doing?post #559 of 6433/22/11 at 2:08pmQuote:
I found that when connected with optical or digital from my onboard to DM sounds worse than usb connection to DM. Perhaps with a dedicated card it would be better.
Going from RCA>XLR doesn't make it balanced. Its only balanced when both source and amp are balanced.post #560 of 6433/22/11 at 4:34pmpost #561 of 6433/23/11 at 4:12pmpost #562 of 6433/28/11 at 1:54pmpost #563 of 6434/5/11 at 6:01pmpost #564 of 6434/5/11 at 9:07pmQuote:
I recently sold the M-Stage (along with my k701s) - just a consolidation move because I love my Beyers and the tubes on the LD MKIV - BUT...to answer the question - the DacMagic and M-Stage are a heavenly combo. Incredibly detailed, superb with AKGs - not sure of your phones but I loved the pair.
post #565 of 6434/8/11 at 6:21pmpost #566 of 6435/27/11 at 8:28am
anybody has tried to replace the provided dacmagic's wallwart adapter with amb sigma 11?
is it compatible? i bet sigma11 is in the same level as little pinkie from musical fidelity, or even better..post #567 of 6435/27/11 at 8:45ampost #568 of 6435/27/11 at 8:50amQuote:
ah, i didn't see that coming..
so it is better to say, replace the wallwart adapter with a good avel-lindberg/talema 2x12VAC toroid?post #569 of 6435/27/11 at 5:17pm
- Cambridge DACMagic, anyone? (THREAD II)
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 36 seconds ago
- › WANTED: Schiit Jotunheim with installed Balanced DAC. 51 seconds ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Fulla 2 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Smyth Research Realiser A16 1 minute ago
- › Focal Utopia (& a little Elear) impressions and discussion 2 minutes ago
- › WANTED: Schiit Jotunheim with Balanced DAC installed 2 minutes ago
- › Trinity Audio Engineering - What the future holds 2 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Review / Preview With Measurements - Head-Fi TV 3 minutes ago
- › Chord Electronics 2Qute DAC announced 3 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by SoundApprentice
- › AKG K403 by IkuMiku96
- › InEar ProPhile 8 by FortisFlyer75
- › MusicMaker Ting by Redcarmoose
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by mgunin
- › Empire Ears Zeus by EagleWings
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by snapacap
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by spronkey
- › Cayin i5 by glassmonkey
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by 00lunar
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear