Getting to grips with the combination of G100, Dacmagic and the HD650. One thing I will say for sure. The hd650 is not boring or veiled with this setup. It's actually sounding very neutral, almost monitor like. I never know these phones were capable of this resolution and speed.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productCambridge - Dac Magic - Digital to Analog Convertertagged by System, 6/21/10
- categoryDACstagged by System, 7/21/10
Related Forum Threads
- Bare Bones Dac Suggestions Last post on 8/22/12 at 12:06pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Best Budget DAC For Studio Monitors Last post on 1/23/16 at 6:58pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Impressions/Opinions on HRT Music Streamer II + needed Last post on 1/3/14 at 10:30am in Dedicated Source Components
- Hi-Fi Setup Last post on 10/7/10 at 7:21pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HiFi store pushing wireless system rather aggressively Last post on 8/24/10 at 1:31am in Dedicated Source Components
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
The Oriveti BASIC: A dark and inviting entry-level offering into higher level audio BASIC was provided to me free of charge in exchange for feedback and review -- I am in no way affiliated with...
Focal Utopia By: Dillan Archer Photographs by: Regan Hulvey Introduction I have spent the greater part of my evenings the last few days (and this morning) listening and...
I have had 2 pairs and both have stopped working, these aren't professional headphones and I'd stay away from them if you want to keep them longer than a year of professional use. Spend your...
just want to order one and will try the reviews once get it FBA seems be fast waiting
I have 50 hours active listening and another 150 passive/occasional on these. Equipment: Ragnarok, Gungnir, Sony CD 5 CD tray, Senn HD-600 set up for balanced Listen to Yes ('15 Remix,...
Cambridge DACMagic, anyone? (THREAD II) - Page 38
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #557 of 6432/14/11 at 1:35pm
Okey, my first weird reaction to the treble/bass balance seems to have been because my phase has been reversed. Clicking the phase button so that it reverses the phase brings out more weight to the music and especially to the bass. Apparently my amplifier either reverses phases or the Dacmagic was inverted as default. How does it sound to you guys if you switch phases?post #558 of 6433/22/11 at 1:08pm
I have this connected to my pc via usb. Will i get better sound if i buy a digital coax cable and connect it to my computers sound card?
Also i was thinking of buying rca to xlr adapters so its ballanced. Will this be worth doing?post #559 of 6433/22/11 at 2:08pmQuote:
I found that when connected with optical or digital from my onboard to DM sounds worse than usb connection to DM. Perhaps with a dedicated card it would be better.
Going from RCA>XLR doesn't make it balanced. Its only balanced when both source and amp are balanced.post #560 of 6433/22/11 at 4:34pmpost #561 of 6433/23/11 at 4:12pmpost #562 of 6433/28/11 at 1:54pmpost #563 of 6434/5/11 at 6:01pmpost #564 of 6434/5/11 at 9:07pmQuote:
I recently sold the M-Stage (along with my k701s) - just a consolidation move because I love my Beyers and the tubes on the LD MKIV - BUT...to answer the question - the DacMagic and M-Stage are a heavenly combo. Incredibly detailed, superb with AKGs - not sure of your phones but I loved the pair.
post #565 of 6434/8/11 at 6:21pmpost #566 of 6435/27/11 at 8:28am
anybody has tried to replace the provided dacmagic's wallwart adapter with amb sigma 11?
is it compatible? i bet sigma11 is in the same level as little pinkie from musical fidelity, or even better..post #567 of 6435/27/11 at 8:45ampost #568 of 6435/27/11 at 8:50amQuote:
ah, i didn't see that coming..
so it is better to say, replace the wallwart adapter with a good avel-lindberg/talema 2x12VAC toroid?post #569 of 6435/27/11 at 5:17pm
- Cambridge DACMagic, anyone? (THREAD II)
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Headphone just now
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Review Tour starts right now!!---Android... 24 seconds ago
- › Audio-gd NFB-28 33 seconds ago
- › LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Tennmak 3 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica W1000 Thread 3 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 4 minutes ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 5 minutes ago
- › ORIVETI BASIC - Whole Aluminium Body, High Fidelity, Cable... by ustinj
- › Focal Utopia by Dillan
- › Shure SRH840 by Russell Folland
- › Seahf Metal Housing In-Ear Earbuds Headphones Noise Cancelling... by Byran
- › Fostex TH500RP by bagwell359
- › FLC Technology FLC 8S by Hisoundfi
- › Meze 99 Classics by dany111777
- › SONY Walkman A series NW-A35 (R) (16GB) (Sina bar Red) by meringo
- › Custom Art Harmony 8.2 by Ike1985
- › AUNE M1S 32BIT/384KHZ DSD128 3.5MM/2.5MM BALANCED HIFI AUDIOPHILE... by Hypespazm
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear