Getting to grips with the combination of G100, Dacmagic and the HD650. One thing I will say for sure. The hd650 is not boring or veiled with this setup. It's actually sounding very neutral, almost monitor like. I never know these phones were capable of this resolution and speed.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productCambridge - Dac Magic - Digital to Analog Convertertagged by System, 6/21/10
- categoryDACstagged by System, 7/21/10
Related Forum Threads
- Bare Bones Dac Suggestions Last post on 8/22/12 at 12:06pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Best Budget DAC For Studio Monitors Last post on 1/23/16 at 6:58pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Impressions/Opinions on HRT Music Streamer II + needed Last post on 1/3/14 at 10:30am in Dedicated Source Components
- Hi-Fi Setup Last post on 10/7/10 at 7:21pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HiFi store pushing wireless system rather aggressively Last post on 8/24/10 at 1:31am in Dedicated Source Components
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
This has been called beats for audiophiles. It has great sound, is neutral and detailed, but they are glossy and fairly fashionable. In general, I like a V shape and listen to hardcore, metal,...
Disclaimer I got this unit as part of New Zealand tour arranged by @Brooko & @Andykong, thank you very much for including me in this tour :) Introduction I am just another music fans in this...
Ok so it is 2017 and I'm late to the party but I just got this headphone from Singapore Jaben because it seems they were clearing their stock. I got this for a whooping $34.90 SGD!! When I looked...
Have you ever felt like the spark that used to be there just vanished? That the world, once bright and colorful became bland and dull over time? That you no longer feel the joy, the excitement and...
Work in progress. I need to practice my English a bit...
Cambridge DACMagic, anyone? (THREAD II) - Page 38
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #557 of 6432/14/11 at 1:35pm
Okey, my first weird reaction to the treble/bass balance seems to have been because my phase has been reversed. Clicking the phase button so that it reverses the phase brings out more weight to the music and especially to the bass. Apparently my amplifier either reverses phases or the Dacmagic was inverted as default. How does it sound to you guys if you switch phases?post #558 of 6433/22/11 at 1:08pm
I have this connected to my pc via usb. Will i get better sound if i buy a digital coax cable and connect it to my computers sound card?
Also i was thinking of buying rca to xlr adapters so its ballanced. Will this be worth doing?post #559 of 6433/22/11 at 2:08pmQuote:
I found that when connected with optical or digital from my onboard to DM sounds worse than usb connection to DM. Perhaps with a dedicated card it would be better.
Going from RCA>XLR doesn't make it balanced. Its only balanced when both source and amp are balanced.post #560 of 6433/22/11 at 4:34pmpost #561 of 6433/23/11 at 4:12pmpost #562 of 6433/28/11 at 1:54pmpost #563 of 6434/5/11 at 6:01pmpost #564 of 6434/5/11 at 9:07pmQuote:
I recently sold the M-Stage (along with my k701s) - just a consolidation move because I love my Beyers and the tubes on the LD MKIV - BUT...to answer the question - the DacMagic and M-Stage are a heavenly combo. Incredibly detailed, superb with AKGs - not sure of your phones but I loved the pair.
post #565 of 6434/8/11 at 6:21pmpost #566 of 6435/27/11 at 8:28am
anybody has tried to replace the provided dacmagic's wallwart adapter with amb sigma 11?
is it compatible? i bet sigma11 is in the same level as little pinkie from musical fidelity, or even better..post #567 of 6435/27/11 at 8:45ampost #568 of 6435/27/11 at 8:50amQuote:
ah, i didn't see that coming..
so it is better to say, replace the wallwart adapter with a good avel-lindberg/talema 2x12VAC toroid?post #569 of 6435/27/11 at 5:17pm
- Cambridge DACMagic, anyone? (THREAD II)
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › Noble Audio - Introducing KAISER ENCORE and SAGE 2 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 3 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 4 minutes ago
- › Thebit OPUS#2 Dap - out September/October 2016. 5 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 6 minutes ago
- › R2R DA M1 Ultracap powered build 6 minutes ago
- › Fiio M3 or X1, number of tracks 7 minutes ago
- › EarSonics Velvet universal custom in ear monitor with three sound... 7 minutes ago
- › Advice on first major headphone purchase 8 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 8 minutes ago
- › PSB M4U 1 by JoshG1217
- › Cayin i5 by daduy
- › Goldring DR150 High Fidelity Stereo Headphones by themindfreak
- › Sparkos Labs SS3602 Discrete Op-Amps by Yethal
- › Ultrasone Signature DJ by VintageFlanker
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by GirgleMirt
- › Onkyo E700M In-ear headphones Black with microphone by doraymon
- › K240 DF by asymcon
- › TWag V4 Litz ciem replacement cable by tex thai
- › Sennheiser PX 95 Versatile On-Ear Headphones by Varun Shankar
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear