Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Gear-Fi: Non-Audio Gear and Gadgets › So I Preordered the iPhone 3G S
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

So I Preordered the iPhone 3G S - Page 3

post #31 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLeeWebb View Post
The data plan with the original iPhone was $20.00/month which included 200 text messages. With the new iPhone the data plan is $30/month and you have to pay $5.00/month extra for the text messages. I agree the Apps make the difference. I was late in my appreciation for the Apps and the App store. However, now I keep deleting music from the iPod to make room for Apps. The extra room on the 3GS is a big selling point for me...
this is one reason the original iphones still sell for a hefty sum on ebay. many places don't have 3G, so people opt for the original iphone (if they can find them) and the much cheaper data plan. my 16GB original iphone will get prettied up, packed up, and put on ebay later tonight.
post #32 of 42
I still have my 1G iphone and I can't think of a reason to upgrade yet. Particularly when I get crummy reception at my new house. Maybe I should jailbreak and get sprint or something else. My ATT contract is up.
post #33 of 42
what are you folks south of the border paying? up here it is either $199 or $299 plus obligatory 2 year contract, sell your soul, give up your first born sort of deal.....I jest.

not available to here for a few more weeks.

I am so tempted....absolutely have no need for one other than to replace current cell phone (large boring motorola) and have the ipod player plus other apps....

3 weeks of convincing wifey poo.....this could hurt.
post #34 of 42
Are there any options out there for iPhone 3G S IEMs that have the inline mic and volume control? I know the Apple IEMs have this but I was wondering if there are any third party options out there yet. I also know that NuForce, Phonak and others make IEMs with the built-in mic and mute switch compatible with the 3G but I'm interested to know if there are options that have both mic/mute and the inline volume control.
post #35 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by kugino View Post
my 16GB original iphone will get prettied up, packed up, and put on ebay later tonight.
Same here.... I had an invisible shield on it, so it is in fantastic shape. Hopefully get some cash for it.
post #36 of 42
I hope those of you in the US are using bing's cashback offer.. 35% cashback on orders from att.com. I ordered my 3GS through that last saturday (6/20) and I'm waiting for it, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting...........
post #37 of 42
I got me 3GS here in Germany a couple day ago, and i got 16 GB model !

I LOVE IT !

Is really fast internet and all other options are great, but - not too good sound like my iPod Touch 2nd. gen 32 GB !

I am also thinking to solder otiginal iPhone headphones cable to connectors and i can use with my UE super.fi 5 pro
post #38 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by komi View Post
I got me 3GS here in Germany a couple day ago, and i got 16 GB model !

I LOVE IT !

Is really fast internet and all other options are great, but - not too good sound like my iPod Touch 2nd. gen 32 GB !

I am also thinking to solder otiginal iPhone headphones cable to connectors and i can use with my UE super.fi 5 pro
I use one of these with my sfi5 pro. Griffin Technology: SmartTalk - Use your favorite headphones with your iPhone or iPod
post #39 of 42
i have the 1st gen one, its on its way out, but i decided againt the new phone simply for lack of features! its not really an upgrade imo, the new OS is the main steo [which you can use on older iphone]

i was really dissapointed when hearing the new specs etc,

so i need a new phone and looking at the sony satio as an option [yet to be released] but the iphones camera is not impressive, even worse, the contracts are terrible! thats the real killer for me
post #40 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al4x View Post
i have the 1st gen one, its on its way out, but i decided againt the new phone simply for lack of features! its not really an upgrade imo, the new OS is the main steo [which you can use on older iphone]

i was really dissapointed when hearing the new specs etc,

so i need a new phone and looking at the sony satio as an option [yet to be released] but the iphones camera is not impressive, even worse, the contracts are terrible! thats the real killer for me
Well, dunno with what spacs u r dissapointed, i like them all ...

Camera can be better, but - i guess you cant make everyone happy ..

I just think apps and 3G speed are good anough for me to get it ... but again, 3G speed depends of where you are ... here in Germany is really good coverage, there is new exelens GPS software etc etc ...

NAVIGON MobileNavigator for iPhone

iTunes link

I just like it, and i think is really usefull to have around ...
post #41 of 42
^ no 3g where i live so thats never been an issue, camera was my main problem, and contract prices [i do a lot of texting]

the cost over a year is far too high, if my first gen wasnt on the blink id just upgrade its OS, the apps are brilliant itunes is not, and i dont like apples locking in tactics either

if the phone had a reasonable contract [texts cost a company nothing!] and a slightly better camera i would def get it tho

but seeing as i need a new phone....

PS. i was looking to buy a navigon satnav actually lol
post #42 of 42
AT&T has been pretty spotty the past few days in NYC. I guess too many 3G users, hah.

I ordered mine last week and got the phone on Saturday. I just got cash back email today. I had to send multiple emails to Microsoft, but in the end, they came through.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Gear-Fi: Non-Audio Gear and Gadgets › So I Preordered the iPhone 3G S