Originally Posted by Armaegis
my own not-so-secret recipe (everything approximate, since I eyeball everything):
2 cups of flour
1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup sugar
a few shakes of salt
a capful of balsamic vinegar (optional)
a smaller capful of vanilla
- melt butter in microwave, mix in sugar, egg, salt, vinegar, vanilla
- mash banana, add to butter mixture
- add the whole thing to the flour, mix until dough
- take 3/4 of the dough, roll it out flat, smoosh into a pan, it will be pretty elastic so account for shrinkage
- put in the oven at 350°F for maybe 5-10 minutes just to dry it out a bit
a whole bunch of apples, I dunno how many, keep cutting until it looks like it'll fill the shell
I don't even bother peeling them
sprinkle with cinnamon, shake 'em all around
sprinkle with flour, shake 'em all around
put into the now half-baked pie shell
spoon in whatever jam you can find sitting in your fridge (grape or strawberry works well)
Now take the remaining 1/4 of dough and roll it flat, cut into strips, arrange into a lattice.
Put it back in the oven for half and hour.
Kablammo, pie goodness in just over an hour.