my own not-so-secret recipe (everything approximate, since I eyeball everything):
2 cups of flour
1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup sugar
a few shakes of salt
a capful of balsamic vinegar (optional)
a smaller capful of vanilla
- melt butter in microwave, mix in sugar, egg, salt, vinegar, vanilla
- mash banana, add to butter mixture
- add the whole thing to the flour, mix until dough, sprinkle teensy tiny bits more flour as necessary so it isn't too soft
- take 3/4 of the dough, roll it out flat, smoosh into a pan, it will be pretty elastic so account for shrinkage
- put in the oven at 350°F for maybe 5-10 minutes just to dry it out a bit
a whole bunch of apples, I dunno how many, keep cutting until it looks like it'll fill the shell
I don't even bother peeling them
sprinkle with cinnamon, shake 'em all around
sprinkle with flour, shake 'em all around
put into the now half-baked pie shell
spoon in whatever jam you can find sitting in your fridge (grape or strawberry works well), how much depends on taste and how sweet the jam is (sometimes I make my own)
Now take the remaining 1/4 of dough and roll it flat, cut into strips, arrange into a lattice.
Put it back in the oven for half an hour.
Kablammo, pie goodness in just over an hour.
Edited by Armaegis - 9/16/12 at 10:58pm