New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

IC: Winnipeg meet? - Page 110

post #1636 of 1850
Quote:
Originally Posted by dscythe View Post
 

Welcome to Head-Fi Velomane!

 

Sorry about your wallet :evil: 


No kidding... two amps and a pair of HE-5LE in one month. Still need a DAC though.

post #1637 of 1850

Are you looking for anything in particular? What amps are you playing with?

 

I'd be curious to compare the HE-5LE vs the HE-6. Do you have a balanced cable for it?

post #1638 of 1850
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armaegis View Post
 

Are you looking for anything in particular? What amps are you playing with?

 

I'd be curious to compare the HE-5LE vs the HE-6. Do you have a balanced cable for it?


(cough) Just pulled the trigger on a HE-400 (cough)

Nathan sorry about being a no show at the meet :(

post #1639 of 1850
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalFreak View Post
 


(cough) Just pulled the trigger on a HE-400 (cough)

Nathan sorry about being a no show at the meet :(

 

Haha, nice. Only the 400 though? I thought you'd start entering the crazy game with the HE-4 :cool:

 

And hey, we still need to get together to compare the Paradox/Alphas vs Mad Dogs (the owner has graciously allowed me to keep it for a little while longer).

post #1640 of 1850
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armaegis View Post
 

 

Haha, nice. Only the 400 though? I thought you'd start entering the crazy game with the HE-4 :cool:

 

And hey, we still need to get together to compare the Paradox/Alphas vs Mad Dogs (the owner has graciously allowed me to keep it for a little while longer).


I'll try and see if I can get free in the near future. Sorry about leaving you hanging

 

I was able to grab the he 400 for 250 as an open box shipped from headamp so i went for it.


Edited by DigitalFreak - 3/17/14 at 10:09pm
post #1641 of 1850

That's a pretty good deal, I think my next pair of cans is going to be the HE-400i.

post #1642 of 1850
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armaegis View Post
 

Are you looking for anything in particular? What amps are you playing with?

 

I'd be curious to compare the HE-5LE vs the HE-6. Do you have a balanced cable for it?


TBH, I'm not sure what direction to go with a DAC. There's so much information to take in. If a Schiit Bifrost were to magically appear at a decent price, I would start with that. As to amps, I have a Graham Slee Solo, with an upgraded board on it's way to me from the UK. The other amp, still in production, is a Virtue Audio One.3. My HE-5LE came with a stock cable. I wouldn't mind bringing them to the next meet, as I could also benefit from some local expertise i.e. the advantage of balanced vs. not balanced, benefit of a $500 DAC vs. a $2000, etc. You get the picture: I'm a real newb who tends to jump in with both feet.

post #1643 of 1850

I have a Bifrost and a Rega DAC that I really should get rid of to make space  :P

post #1644 of 1850
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThickGlasses View Post
 

That's a pretty good deal, I think my next pair of cans is going to be the HE-400i.


If you're interested just go to the headamp returns page and you'll see the deal is still on. They have a pretty good deal on an open box Foxtex TH600

post #1645 of 1850
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velomane View Post
 


TBH, I'm not sure what direction to go with a DAC. There's so much information to take in. If a Schiit Bifrost were to magically appear at a decent price, I would start with that. As to amps, I have a Graham Slee Solo, with an upgraded board on it's way to me from the UK. The other amp, still in production, is a Virtue Audio One.3. My HE-5LE came with a stock cable. I wouldn't mind bringing them to the next meet, as I could also benefit from some local expertise i.e. the advantage of balanced vs. not balanced, benefit of a $500 DAC vs. a $2000, etc. You get the picture: I'm a real newb who tends to jump in with both feet.

 

Ooh I was really tempted to get in on the Virtue 3 when I heard about it. I've looked at a bunch of those Tripath options and teh Virtue was one of the better/more interesting ones out there (others being the TBI Millenia and Winsome Mouse).

 

I've got an extra balanced cable if you're interested (I have no used for it since my HE-6 are hardwired).

 

I find dacs hit diminishing returns very very quickly, and picking out their differences takes a while to discern. Then again, a lot of people on these forums will put source first (but then again, there are also people who'd spent 10x the amount on a dac and amp than the headphone itself... which is silly). I've played around with various dacs in the $20 range up to $1k+. I don't claim to be an expert, but I've been around the block.

post #1646 of 1850

I just spotted an AKG K702 on kijiji. Is that from one of you guys?

 

p.s. I just had a K612 come in from a trade last week. Not too shabby. I'll probably put it up for trade fodder soon, but if anyone wants a listen let me know.

post #1647 of 1850
Anyone here have a set of jergpads looking to get rid of them?
post #1648 of 1850

You could always make your own.

post #1649 of 1850

Not me, but the price on those 702's is pretty good.

post #1650 of 1850
I'm not very good at making my own lol. You ever done it Nathan?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: