New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

IC: Winnipeg meet? - Page 94

post #1396 of 1862

Check it out guys, it took me months of scrounging around the stores but I finally found a nice looking watch I like. Say hi to my new Bulova.

 

1000

post #1397 of 1862

Nice watch, AnalogFreak.  smily_headphones1.gif

post #1398 of 1862

Sweet!! That is very nice!!

post #1399 of 1862
Thread Starter 
Uh oh, that's a whole new hobby you're getting into there!

I'm in for a meet later on this summer, but that weekend I'll probably be out at the cottage. I look I'm definitely interested in getting a chance to hear your newly revamped system bear!
post #1400 of 1862
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberidd View Post

Uh oh, that's a whole new hobby you're getting into there!

 

I'm actually quite smitten with the Xetum Tyndall watch. I especially like it with a white face and a steel wristband but the price tag is pretty nuts so I'm quite happy to have settled on my far cheaper Bulova


Edited by DigitalFreak - 5/12/13 at 10:33pm
post #1401 of 1862
Anyone catch Fleetwood Mac last night or am I dating myself?
Great show btw
post #1402 of 1862

I like Bulova watches, got this one http://www.bulova.com/en_ca/watch/bulova/sport--2/98B104, but don't wear it too often due to my allergies to metals that have nickel.

 

So, now I wear this one instead, titanium, eco-drive and very light weight. http://www.citizen.com.hk/?content=895&category_id=121&product_id=1024

post #1403 of 1862
Quote:
Originally Posted by mythless View Post

I like Bulova watches, got this one http://www.bulova.com/en_ca/watch/bulova/sport--2/98B104, but don't wear it too often due to my allergies to metals that have nickel.

 

So, now I wear this one instead, titanium, eco-drive and very light weight. http://www.citizen.com.hk/?content=895&category_id=121&product_id=1024


Very nice watches. By the way, today I did a little more shopping and got a nice stainless steel wristband to replace the leather wristband. I think the new metal band makes my watch look even spiffier.

 

*

 

*

post #1404 of 1862
Thread Starter 
IC: Winnipeg watch meet, haha!
post #1405 of 1862
I dare not look into collecting watches to closely. I already spend enough on IEMs
post #1406 of 1862

People still wear watches these days? I figure the ubiquitous cell phone has nearly replaced that by now. 

post #1407 of 1862

I keep seeing this thing pop up on kijiji... http://winnipeg.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-electronics-LEPAI-LP-2020A-with-Power-Supply-Amplifier-W0QQAdIdZ465961469

For $30 I'm intrigued, but I dunno.

post #1408 of 1862

I got these in the mail this morning

 

bigsmile_face.gif

post #1409 of 1862
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armaegis View Post

I keep seeing this thing pop up on kijiji... http://winnipeg.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-electronics-LEPAI-LP-2020A-with-Power-Supply-Amplifier-W0QQAdIdZ465961469

For $30 I'm intrigued, but I dunno.

It's not very often that you find someone selling a headphone amp in Winnipeg, so I bet that is someone who is making it himself, although it seems strange that if you're making something as specialised as a headphone amp you'd have somehow have found your way over to this community at some point!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalFreak View Post

I got these in the mail this morning



bigsmile_face.gif

Congratulations, we all look forward to hearing your thoughts on them in the next little while!
post #1410 of 1862
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberidd View Post


It's not very often that you find someone selling a headphone amp in Winnipeg, so I bet that is someone who is making it himself, although it seems strange that if you're making something as specialised as a headphone amp you'd have somehow have found your way over to this community at some point!

 

It's not a DIY; they're a (presumably) Chinese brand that someone's selling here. You can actually find it for marginally cheaper online. Still, $25-30 for a power amp is pretty cheap. I don't think that thing has a headphone output though, unless you wire up some resistors or something appropriately. 

 

We did have a local guy making dacs and amps though, he goes by hotaudio. I have one of his usb-dacs in fact (very nice sounding for the price). I've invited him out to meets and stuff before, but he's never attended. Kinda odd, considering we'd be his best target audience. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: