Are you sure this is the 600ohm version? I know that English Amazon does not list any information about the version of driver.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productASUS Xonar Essence STXtagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 880 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productBeyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphonetagged by System, 7/20/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by System, 2/15/11
- productDenon AH-D5000 Reference Headphonestagged by System, 8/2/11
- productDenon AH-D7000 - Headphonestagged by System, 2/15/11
- brandMoon Audiotagged by System, 7/16/10
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 9/26/11
Related Forum Threads
- Going Audiophile For Gaming! Last post on 7/4/13 at 4:37pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- AD700 vs DT770 (any ohms) vs DT880 (any ohms,non-premium) vs DT990 (any ohms, non-premium)... Last post on 9/11/12 at 7:13am in Headphones (full-size)
- IEM guy needs recommendations for full size phones... Last post on 7/21/12 at 8:05am in Headphones (full-size)
- Please Help me choose a headphone from this website.... AH-D7000, HD650, DT880, DT990, T70 Last post on 5/22/16 at 6:38am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Mini reviews of headphones i auditioned Last post on 7/28/14 at 6:31pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)Last edited: 11/29/16
I am by no means an audiophile nor do I call myself one. My experience with quality audio products is very limited and so is my vocabulary on this topic. That being said I took a pair of these...
Full review can be found at: https://www.samma3a.com/tech/en/fiio-x5-3rd-gen-high-res-player-review/ Rating The NO BULL rating system is designed to take as many aspects of the device into...
I've had a short history with headphones. My first pair of good headphones were the Audio-Technica ATH-M50x. I will mostly be comparing these two. These headphones are much more better looking,...
I like these just a little better than my Sony MDR XB90ex, which I think is saying a lot. They both have a very ergonomic design that allows them to stay in ear securely and comfortably for...
TOTL (Top-of the line) is something you hear quite often around Head-Fi. The cream of the crop of the audio-world. While that may be true in most instances, investing into a 1200$+ product seems...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)
The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread - Page 63
Gear mentioned in this thread:
seems pretty straight forward to me: http://www.amazon.fr/Beyerdynamic-Casque-St%C3%A9r%C3%A9o-Semi-ouvert-C%C3%A2ble/dp/B0024NK35S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1288306516&sr=8-1
I mean this is the normal model, which i think is supposed be 250ohm, although the site doesnt offer much further info, and the impedance is not mentioned anywhere:
From the name I conclude the cable adds some bass (the 'imapct') boost which many think DT880 would benefit from? What does the cable exactly change? I might want to recable DT880 if I end up buying them so would appreciate any description.
OK, I don't want to start another battle but have to ask this question - can cables influence sound quality? I know they are not good in terms of overall value (e.g. Sennheiser cables costing more than headphones themeself) but could they be used to EQ the sound not just change the look? From your post I think cables don't change the sound and it's all about how they look...
As for the source or AMP - it might be hard to find an AMP or source that will give more bass but leave anything unchanged. Moving towards more 'advanced' or 'audiophile' (or just expensive:P) gear you get more neutral solutions that make majority of headphones even more clinical or bass-light. Woudn't the change of cable be a good solution to this (assuming cables change sound quality or at least EQ)? I could personally use software EQ to change sound a little bit. I have not got any objections to do this but different headphones react differently to software equalization.
I never could do an A/B test with cables and I am very skeptical. Some people claim to hear distinct differences between cables and I think I hear them too, but it could well be placebo. A recable is nice for knowing that you have quality wire but don't bother with it as long as your amp/source are crappy. I see that that impact cable is 120$, which is reasonably priced (for an after market cable). But still, that money is way better spent in a better source or amp or you can even buy another headphone for that money.
Anyway what people spend on cables is ridiculous. The K701 I bought is cheaper than the impact cable with shipping etc. :-)
Ye I also think that the prices of cables are wful. However, i always thought about it as if it was expensive upgrade to people who have extremely expensive source and AMP and therefore differences between cables could be more hearable. I have not heard any cable upgrades though so don't know if that would make noticeable improvement anyway.
I guess I will try to EQ by buying different tubes/op amps or simply change the whole AMP or source. Software EQ might work eitherthough I will not know that before trying. I found that it works really good on my old HD448 whereas SR80i wasn't really good for any software equalization. Anywa - $120 is quite a lot of money. While it is relatively cheap to other aftermarket cables I think I could spend this money better. Especially because I look for some orthos (want to try Pioneer SE-LE40 so much!) to try out.
One very important point - any re-cable job which uses a dual-entry approach and leaves the old crossover cable holes open will increase the bass response noticeably. On the DT770 I like this effect. It has nothing to do with the sound of the cable - it has to do with having two more bass ports.
Skylab is right. With my modded DT880 (closeback) a slightly bigger hole results in a lot more bass.
In case of ZXAC I believe he installs the cables single ended so people don't have to worry about this.
Yes... I have found that the DBA-02 is similar to the DT880. The major difference is that the highs of the IEM roll off earlier and the DT880's 8k-10khz spike is not present either.
The SM3's sound is diametrically opposed to the DT880. Big bass and lower mids... no highs.
(All to my ears, of course).
I think the real cable upgrade should be at the base of the driver. That thin metal wire is thinner than some people's hair is. If slapping on an external 400$ cable suddenly changes the sound, then there is something incredibly wrong with science as we know it today. Honestly, take your drivers out and see if you can spot the driver 'wire' (a term I hesitate to use as it is so thin). I upgrade cables to get better ergonomics and tailored lengths, NOT for 'better' sound.
- The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 29 seconds ago
- › The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread 42 seconds ago
- › What forty6 are listening to 1 minute ago
- › New Dragonfly Black and Red Discussion 1 minute ago
- › Cable for Audeze LCD-XC 2 minutes ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 2 minutes ago
- › New Beyerdynamic T5p 2nd generation 3 minutes ago
- › Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold 3 minutes ago
- › VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-7520 4 minutes ago
- › KEF M200 Hi-Fi In-Ear Headphones, Aluminum/Black by JonnyA
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by TheoS53
- › B&O Beoplay H6 (2nd generation) by aggFTW
- › Sony In-Ear Dynamic Headphones MDR-XB70-B (Black) by aafanatic
- › Custom Art Harmony 8.2 by FUYU
- › iFi Micro iTube2 Vacuum Tube Buffer and Preamplifier by ostewart
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by Jiawen Zhen
- › JVC Hi-Res corresponding canal type earphone HA-FX99X-B (Black) by aafanatic
- › Grado Labs SR80e by audiophilefan
- › UITaudio PMP-353P by Army-Firedawg
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear